WBA HOME GAME

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: WBA HOME GAME

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:How about a 70th minute walk-on? For the last ten years, some small bloke called Walcott has been doing it most weeks and nobody seems to care.
I would be all for that.
I even heard that the club pay him to do that! :lol:
Can you imagine as wally comes onas a sub - About 20 Gooners from each side/end of the pitch also come on - wearing wally shirts and all start running around like headless chickens ! :lol: - well that's what he does.... they could then say it wasn't a protest but a form of adoration of the *useless *word censored* of ) a hero (cough cough). :lol: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

Well it looks like at least one Gooner will be walking out on Thursday night!

Block93

Post by Block93 »

OK, that's Man City out of the way.

Now it's just Spurs and a Vardy-less Leicester.

They'll drop points, and on the last day a win is good enough to take the title!

Arsenal 1 Villa 0 (88 mins)

Then, oh no, Villa have equalised with their first presence in Arsenal's half in the entire game, and a deflected own goal hands the title to someone else.

Wenger; "We showed a lot of personality tonight".

Final score: Arsenal 1 (Brucie - nice to see you, to see you nice) Villa 1 (Jimmy 'Tarby' Tarbuck I'm from Liverpool etc o.g)

He wasn't wrong.

OK so I'm bored.

fabiandeguisson

Post by fabiandeguisson »

The chap in that video clip has a terrible grasp of the English language!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

fabiandeguisson wrote:The chap in that video clip has a terrible grasp of the English language!

English language is always evolving what is used now is the norm, Blud :D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Man City drawing against Newcastle means if we win Thursday we go 3rd. Unfortunately the enormous pressure on tired minds & legs means we will only be able to carve out a courageous draw.... or maybe even a honourable defeat. Then we will need to put that behind us and focus on winning our remaining games. Or is that re focus?? It's all so confusing..... one of the "mentals" will need to be applied as well :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:Man City drawing against Newcastle means if we win Thursday we go 3rd. Unfortunately the enormous pressure on tired minds & legs means we will only be able to carve out a courageous draw.... or maybe even a honourable defeat. Then we will need to put that behind us and focus on winning our remaining games. Or is that re focus?? It's all so confusing..... one of the "mentals" will need to be applied as well :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
3rd Place VT trophy up for grabs now...with wanker Wenger

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:I still can't bring myself to cheer against us when I'm watching matches and before any lippy wanker says otherwise its got nothing to do with being a "superfan" or having any sort of air of superiority - I just can't do it.

Best thing all round for me is not to watch the match at all and then when I see the final result just go "oh well". That's a tactic that's worked for me throughout this season's CL where I still to this day haven't seen any of the footage from either Bayern or Barca away......just couldn't give a shit. If I'd watched the games no doubt I'd be driven to despair so probably best to avoid this whole sorry episode
Agreed - I 100% without shame hope we embarrass ourselves again on Thursday. But I'm not going to waste my time watching it cheering Pulis' mob. if I want to watch a hopeless, cowardly, disgraceful and embarrassing Arsenal performance all to have to do is close my eyes and see that performance up at Old Trafford a few weeks back which is seared on my memory.

The 15-hour trip for that shower of shit was the last straw for me spending my hard-earned time and cash following this bunch of charlatans all around the country. Thankfully with Villa going down and no annual trip there which I've done for the last 20 years where we meet an old mate who is a ST holder there, there's by a lot of incentive for me to go to watch this team as long as Wenger is there and every season is finished before its begun.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:I still can't bring myself to cheer against us when I'm watching matches and before any lippy wanker says otherwise its got nothing to do with being a "superfan" or having any sort of air of superiority - I just can't do it.

Best thing all round for me is not to watch the match at all and then when I see the final result just go "oh well". That's a tactic that's worked for me throughout this season's CL where I still to this day haven't seen any of the footage from either Bayern or Barca away......just couldn't give a shit. If I'd watched the games no doubt I'd be driven to despair so probably best to avoid this whole sorry episode
Agreed - I 100% without shame hope we embarrass ourselves again on Thursday. But I'm not going to waste my time watching it cheering Pulis' mob. if I want to watch a hopeless, cowardly, disgraceful and embarrassing Arsenal performance all to have to do is close my eyes and see that performance up at Old Trafford a few weeks back which is seared on my memory.

The 15-hour trip for that shower of shit was the last straw for me spending my hard-earned time and cash following this bunch of charlatans all around the country. Thankfully with Villa going down and no annual trip there which I've done for the last 20 years where we meet an old mate who is a ST holder there, there's by a lot of incentive for me to go to watch this team as long as Wenger is there and every season is finished before its begun.

I want us to lose every remaining game of this season and I want us to lose big - however don't mistake that for me being at home cheering on pubis and his team (or any other team) cos that wont be happening. Basically I will be home looking at the tv with indifference, hoping that we don't win and laughing if we balls up

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

I want us to lose every remaining game of this season and I want us to lose big - however don't mistake that for me being at home cheering on pubis and his team (or any other team) cos that wont be happening. Basically I will be home looking at the tv with indifference, hoping that we don't win and laughing if we balls up
:rubchin:

If you want us to lose and lose big you must be chearing on the other team, you can't be indifferent because that would be hypocritical :wink:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Seventh here we come. I don't mean heaven !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Ray C wrote:Seventh here we come. I don't mean heaven !. :barscarf: :barscarf:
7th would be perfect. At least we won't be swopping CL for Europa.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Ray C wrote:Seventh here we come. I don't mean heaven !. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Wenger already redefined success once, from winning the league to top 4 finishes, so he wont mind doing it again, when it comes to the Europa League.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

I forgot Berahino. Not only will Rondon terrorise our ‘defence’, but the fat and can’t-wait-to-fucking-leave-this-team Saido will have a field day too.

Do they still have Victor "couldn’t hit a cow’s are with a banjo" Anichebe? Add him to the list of dire front men that will be wanking all the cum out of their bodies at the prospect of bumming our insipid team.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I expect that WBA are shitting themselves ahead of tomorrow night.
They are going to be facing an Arsenal team which is mentally pure and about to reach their next mental level :lol: