Protest Saturday

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Protest Saturday

Post by SteveO 35 »

GranadaJoe wrote:I think the most effective banners would be a selection of AW quotes.

"I built this club"

"This squad is good enough to win the league"

"We have enough striking options"

"Aluminia is my No.1"

I've not looked up the exact quotes but I think the irony could be lethal.
In which case please add:

"There are two transfer markets - one external and one internal"

"Captaincy is overplayed"

"I favour rotational leadership"

Redsenga1

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redsenga1 »

Dan_85 wrote:These posters/banners aren't explicit enough for my liking. Too wishy-washy, it doesn't feel particularly clear exactly who or what they're aimed at, is it Wenger or Kroenke or someone else? Time to call a spade a spade and stop pussyfooting around the issue.

If they do get shown on TV they'll just be dismissed out of hand by commentators I think.... "Oh, Arsenal fans want a change... but they don't seem to know who or what kind of change"
Agreed - Depends what you write on them I guess - you can always do your own and not the generic waffle that it has now become - Armchair's message was clear, concise and had a point - maybe some others should do the same rather than just hit print, collect and hold up....

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

augie wrote:Placards are not direct enough for me BUT, if those who are going feel the same way, then they SHOULD change the wording and print off their own placards because this is the best chance we will ever have of a co-ordinated fans protest, and a show of numbers will at least bring some credibility to story that we are not happy. If this show of strength works out, then maybe it be can taken up a notch for the villa game and maybe the protests could be more direct towards wenger - can you imagine the feeling within the ground if we have been beaten the previous week by citeeh and displaced from the top 4 by their scum neighbours ? For most of us losing our place in the top 4 would be a blessing, but for many of the wenger disciples it would be a catastrophe and would only serve the increase the pressure on le cock.

Anyway, as an absent Gooner, can I appeal to those of you that will be in attendance on saturday, to either bring the placards distributed to ye or bring one of your own 8)
Agreed and thats the key - RA stated write your own if you not happy - and some of have and more need too...need to grasp this opportunity and call him Wenger Out!!!

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

Wilson wrote:A united and controlled protest I think will do more than a protest loaded with vitriol. The media will write us off as spoilt and disrespectful if Wenger is abused aggressively. The media would write it of as irrational frustration born in the heat of the moment.

However, if the message is universal and simultaneous in a controlled in a respectful manner, it will have to be responded to with equal thought.

It needs to be known the Wenger out movement is a rationale movement. Im sick of the likes of John Cross and other media acting all high and mighty and telling us to be careful of what we wish for. It needs to be known Arsenal fans HAVE thought about it, and yes, we still want Wenger out.

If the message is respectful, clear and concise, they cant write us off as irrational hot blooded fans not thinking clearly.
Since when has WENGER OUT been a swear word or disrespectful - what I take as disrespectful is the contempt he has against the fans and how he is never been held to account at the end of every season for the past 12 years...
Last edited by Redsenga1 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

Redarmy wrote:
augie wrote:Placards are not direct enough for me BUT, if those who are going feel the same way, then they SHOULD change the wording and print off their own placards because this is the best chance we will ever have of a co-ordinated fans protest, and a show of numbers will at least bring some credibility to story that we are not happy. If this show of strength works out, then maybe it be can taken up a notch for the villa game and maybe the protests could be more direct towards wenger - can you imagine the feeling within the ground if we have been beaten the previous week by citeeh and displaced from the top 4 by their scum neighbours ? For most of us losing our place in the top 4 would be a blessing, but for many of the wenger disciples it would be a catastrophe and would only serve the increase the pressure on le cock.

Anyway, as an absent Gooner, can I appeal to those of you that will be in attendance on saturday, to either bring the placards distributed to ye or bring one of your own 8)

AGREED, don't like this clouding of the waters by BS and RA but no other choice on this one, have to get behind it, and target WENGER OUT
Some are / Some will / Some will just do nothing and unfortunately thats the majority in the ground - WBA home was a great example of that...

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:

Have to agree, we have Wenger on the run, switching to a general 'need for change' takes the heat off him. it may mean a few of the akb's join in, but as soon as any mild abuse turns to Le Fool it will cause civil war once again.
I cant put this point strongly enough, for silent Stan's philosophy to work it needs the managers compliance.
We know Stans idea of a sport franchise business is to make cash and any baubles (as he sees it) that come along are a bonus, not a prerequisite.
What exactly is Wenger's own strategy?, does he also believe a football club should self sustain from recent income?
That it is unfair to delve into previous seasons profit, and the ever growing slush fund should only be there for allowing drops in income, missing out on the CL for example.
We are told he is an intelligent mam, so when he says every August this squad can challenge for major trophies, does he really believe it?
For a club charging the highest tickets prices in europe it wouldnt do to say, we should get top 4 but the title is probably a step too far.
Then to detract from his stubborness not to upgrade the team Wenger comes out with the excuses about players unavailable, that is his reluctance to hustle smaller clubs for their best players, god forbid we should pay a penny too much for them. Along with the line of players not around better than what he has. How long can he keep that up for when an upstart club like Leicester can produce half a dozen better players than what we have
What I am saying here is that a coach that puts his personal ambition to win trophies behind that of satisfying the demands of an owner, who is only there for the cash, is a fraud.
It should be a fine balance between funding a top quality team, and not putting the club in financial jeopardy, after all we are a football team not a finance company.
So those that still cling on to the hope Wenger will go of his own volition can forget it, its a perfect match for both him and Stan, and the only way we can unsettle this happy relationship is to get at Wenger.
Stan will also be aware that all these names thrown around to replace Wenger are all ambitious coaches, not likely to be shy to spend whatever transfer funds are available, rather than look for internal solutions.
Which translates to persevere with a squad containing a couple of quality players but padded out with bunch of second rate players, and eternal prospects who will never be good enough to deliver major trophies.
But are able to get top 4.
Wenger should be the clear target, start with him and then see if Stan can find another manager so willing to sell his ambition for £8m per season.
The fraud should be the only target - then go for the others in time...

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

armchair wrote:Image
Perfect

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

Redarmy wrote:
Clash wrote:
armchair wrote:Image
Brilliant mate!

Much much better than the original.

Only trouble is all the other thousands will have no mention of WENKER, these BST and Red action are NOT specifically targeting him
Print some out and hand them outside the ground - be proactive and do something about it...

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Whatever the reason for BSM and RAs choice of wording for their protest banner it really is stupidity that they have failed to pinpoint a single issue that everyone can get behind :banghead:

The problem you'll have if everyone is holding different banners is that the media will spin it to something along the lines of 'silly Arsenal fans can't decide on what the problem is at their club and are just protesting for the sake of it', bloody hate the media :censored: as much as the Manager at times.

The whole message will be diluted by not concentrating on one thing no matter how many people are protesting and once again our fan base will be made to look a laughing stock by the media and other fans will lap it up while the Board and Wenger will be smirking away.
Then we need to hijack the situation back from them and use Armchairs message in the right way it was meant for - #Time of Change #Wenger Out
Last edited by Redsenga1 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

" Judgement Day

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

BSM and RedAction are in danger of turning this into an arts and crafts mockery.

Wonder if Arsenal Fan TV will do a Blue Peter-style "make your own protest placard" feature.

WENGER OUT - fuck everything else.

Redsenga1

Post by Redsenga1 »

northbank123 wrote:BSM and RedAction are in danger of turning this into an arts and crafts mockery.

Wonder if Arsenal Fan TV will do a Blue Peter-style "make your own protest placard" feature.

Should be fun but with a serious purpose...need to keep momentum for every game until end of this season and if he's still holding on then for the 1st game of the next season - then over and over again until he leaves...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:I think the most effective banners would be a selection of AW quotes.

"I built this club"

"Aluminia is my No.1"

I've not looked up the exact quotes but I think the ironing could be lethal.
Is that a Casgooner quote ? :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:BSM and RedAction are in danger of turning this into an arts and crafts mockery.

Don't you mean Green Nigel ??? :? :D :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:

"I built this club"

"Aluminia is my No.1"

I've not looked up the exact quotes but I think the irony could be lethal.
In which case please add:

"There are two transfer markets - one external and one internal"

"Captaincy is overplayed"

"I favour rotational leadership"
Champions league is our priority...umm....thats why i am playing second choice players against Dinamo Zagreb :shock: