Protest Saturday

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
begeegs

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by begeegs »

http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php ... x82svkrLIU

Hmmm - maybe the wheels are finally in motion?

NickF

Re: Arsenal v Norwich - Saturday 30th April 2016 @ 17:15pm

Post by NickF »

I see RedAction and BSM have finally decided to organise a protest (see Gooner front page). Not that I trust either of them after the FA Cup replay debacle.

Whilst I support any form of protest I noticed the statement is in no way critical of Wenger.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

begeegs wrote:http://www.onlinegooner.com/article.php ... x82svkrLIU

Like Rip Van Winkle Black Scarf and RedAction have woken from years of silent slumber, better late than never I suppose :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

rodders999 wrote:

Like Rip Van Winkle Black Scarf and RedAction have woken from years of silent slumber, better late than never I suppose :roll:
This looks a bit diluted down to me, they want rid of Kroenke, the board and the manager? Don't muddy the waters with the message folks, hound Wenger out the door first, then concentrate on Stan and the board.

Still any protest is better than no protest.

WENGER OUT

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

NickF wrote:I see RedAction and BSM have finally decided to organise a protest (see Gooner front page). Not that I trust either of them after the FA Cup replay debacle.

Whilst I support any form of protest I noticed the statement is in no way critical of Wenger.
Agree. Any mass protest against the clowns who run our club is welcome.
However, probably the biggest issue here is the manager and they fail to address that.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

SPARKSY wrote:
NickF wrote:I see RedAction and BSM have finally decided to organise a protest (see Gooner front page). Not that I trust either of them after the FA Cup replay debacle.

However, probably the biggest issue here is the manager and they fail to address that, so until they do i'll sell my ticket to a tourist and stay away.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SPARKSY wrote:

However, probably the biggest issue here is the manager and they fail to address that.
ok Wenger isn't named but they do state that the manager is past it.
that's pretty damning.

silus

Post by silus »

The BSM statement mentions the manager. It's a good idea and will work if people actually do it. The problem will be that all those wanting change seem to be selling their tickets again so the ground will be full of oblivious day trippers. Time to stop moaning people...if you want change you HAVE to get in the ground. Ive wasted another days annual leave to go to this...for me it's now or never...the last roll of the dice. If this falls flat, be prepared for 3 more years :cry:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

This looks a bit diluted down to me, they want rid of Kroenke, the board and the manager? Don't muddy the waters with the message folks, hound Wenger out the door first, then concentrate on Stan and the board.

WENGER OUT

This is my feeling too - it's great that some of the supporters groups are actually doing something, but the focus (for now) should be on wenger and wenger alone. The akb will use this as a way of deflecting towards kroenke, and although there is a (slim) possibility that he would sacrifice the manager to take the heat off himself, history shows us that he continually stays loyal to his coaches regardless of performance (I'm think jeff fischer at the rams). Wenger on the other hand is someone that is well known for reacting badly to being questioned on his performance - thousands of fans saying publicly that he is shit, would really piss him off, and I still believe it could drive him out of our club.

Anyway this protest, cos it seems to be better choreographed, is better than nothing at this stage of the season 8)

augie

Post by augie »

silus wrote:

The BSM statement mentions the manager. It's a good idea and will work if people actually do it. The problem will be that all those wanting change seem to be selling their tickets again so the ground will be full of oblivious day trippers. Time to stop moaning people...if you want change you HAVE to get in the ground. Ive wasted another days annual leave to go to this...for me it's now or never...the last roll of the dice. If this falls flat, be prepared for 3 more years :cry:

Yes their statement does mention this fact, but the placards fans are asked to hold up do not mention him at all

silus

Post by silus »

I agree Augie...they could just say "wenger out" but I think they are trying to still be "respectful" :roll: maybe because red action are involved and have ties with the club.
It does however send a clear message if enough are held up...at least something is being done. Hopefully it's not too little too late.
People could always add some of their own if they wanted to.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

silus wrote:

yeah will have to consider this myself now - 3 games to save the club or face 3 more years of disappointments...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

WENGER OUT

This is my feeling too - it's great that some of the supporters groups are actually doing something, but the focus (for now) should be on wenger and wenger alone. The akb will use this as a way of deflecting towards kroenke, and although there is a (slim) possibility that he would sacrifice the manager to take the heat off himself, history shows us that he continually stays loyal to his coaches regardless of performance (I'm think jeff fischer at the rams). Wenger on the other hand is someone that is well known for reacting badly to being questioned on his performance - thousands of fans saying publicly that he is shit, would really piss him off, and I still believe it could drive him out of our club.

Anyway this protest, cos it seems to be better choreographed, is better than nothing at this stage of the season 8)
the mood should be to get behind coordinated protest

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Redarmy wrote:
the mood should be to get behind coordinated protest

Gotta agree with this and Rodders and Augie. It is something and this time it isn't pussy-footing around the elephant in the room - Wenger. I'd agree that the scope should be narrowed to only Wenger for now, but I think both groups wouldn't buy into that alone. That both are actually talking about Wenger is progress. It's slow, but knowing Red Action (and I know that most here don't think much of them), it will likely be very coordinated.

The know that it will garner a larger audience with it being on television (and hard to ignore) while a protest outside of the stadium will get little coverage, unless it is massive.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I can see why some people will want to focus on Wenger but ultimately the biggest problem at the club is the increasing lack of ambition with Kroenke as the owner.

Yes lets get rid of Wenger, but that would just be a short term victory. The war will not be won until the American is deposed as well.