Membership Renewal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
russ99

Membership Renewal

Post by russ99 »

Got my Red membership renewal e-mail today.

Since i'm an overseas fan and don't go to matches, there's zero reason to renew considering the lack of any ambition shown by the club.

Stuff it, Stan...

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Membership Renewal

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Well done, mate. I think that's a good choice and you're right.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Well done, mate. I think that's a good choice and you're right.
I concur 8) I gave up my reds in 2012 and will not renew until le bumhole fucks off.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

russ99 wrote:Got my Red membership renewal e-mail today.

Since i'm an overseas fan and don't go to matches, there's zero reason to renew considering the lack of any ambition shown by the club.

Stuff it, Stan...
Good on you

I got my renewal email too and this was my reply

Dear Sirs,

While what used to be Arsenal Football Club remain uninterested in challenging for the league title and continue to reward mediocre performances of average players and a badly out of his depth manager with undeserved salaries I have no interest in adding to the already overflowing coffers of our uninterested owner.

Enough is Enough -wenger out
We want our Arsenal back

navangooner

Post by navangooner »

I have 6 nephews in cannon club and junior gunners and I used to renew all memberships on the 1 account which was a silver membership. This helped me save on postage for the membership packs. This year I seem to be unable to renew this way which means I have to pay overseas postage on each membership. They really are squeezing every penny out of the fans

REB

Post by REB »

got the email. dont know what to do tbh. i enjoy having the silver membership but mostly just give it out to others who need a ticket, but as im a member of a supporters club and get my tickets that way i dont really need it tbh.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

when's the deadline for season ticket renewal this year?

I just read the story about us signing Kante so it must be soon.

navangooner

Post by navangooner »

Robin_L wrote:when's the deadline for season ticket renewal this year?

I just read the story about us signing Kante so it must be soon.

Don't think date was announced yet. I'm sure we will be looking at other world class players before its announced

yaxleyarsenal

Post by yaxleyarsenal »

I remember being really positive about getting an upgrade to silver a few years back.

Since then I have got married and have two young children.

I feel a sense of loyalty to the club being a supporter, but what benefits will I get for giving the club £60 at the end of the month for it...

Difficult decision.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I am renewing my red membership but only on the assumption that Wenger goes in May 2017.

If he signs another contract then that's it, I am cancelling and won't attend another game until he has gone.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Same here.....i have one red and one silver both up for renewal....and im torn tbh.

Where once i would have had my ashes scattered at highbury...i wouldnt piss on the bowl if it was in flames.

But i do have a son whom id want to bring to games when he's old enough.........as it stands ive no idea what im going to do!

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I can sympathize with long termers on here. It must be hard to think about a life without going to the matches, but to be honest, it can't really be about the football anymore. I wasn't a long termer and went by myself, so it was an easy decision, but I can imagine the difficulty in making such a decision.

The club are really a bunch of money grabbing wankers and have been lying to fans for years. They started all of the divisive bs years ago with them claiming that Wenger had money to spend and Wenger suggesting the opposite. Really a classic Machiavellian tactic which has worked too well.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

xgtdec wrote:Same here.....i have one red and one silver both up for renewal....and im torn tbh.

Where once i would have had my ashes scattered at highbury...i wouldnt piss on the bowl if it was in flames.

But i do have a son whom id want to bring to games when he's old enough.........as it stands ive no idea what im going to do!
Do what I'm going to do, call them all the names under the sun and then just pay the money, this shit can't keep going on, it'll get better sometime and do you really want to be on the outside with your kids looking in?, don't get me wrong, it is extortion but I've been a silver since back in the TRS days and just can't bring myself to part with it, f**k them, they have us for life.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

I'm also really really torn on this one. I've been silver ever since the membership scheme started years ago. I stopped attending in 2010 but held on to the silver for when Kim Jong Wanker was finally gone.

Now my son is nearly 8 and he wants to go to matches so what do I do?? Not take him and miss out on some potentially quality father and son moments??

Also - next season could be really interesting as Kim Jong Wanker will blunder onwards but there will be at least 6 managers way better than him, meaning that Top bloody 4 is no longer gained by default. Once we're bumbling along in 7th or 8th I have a feeling that it could all get a bit interesting and I would probably want to be a part of that.

But as others have said - if and when a contract extension is signed I'll be gone quicker than Usain Bolt.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Can only repeat what's been said. I've paid out for silver for the past three years while only attending cup games, which still mean something to me, in the hope that change is just around the corner and I can attend league games again with a genuine belief we can do something beyond the Be All And End All. Think I'll give in to the money grabbing wankers for one more year, but if Wenger is here beyond next season that's it