Goodbye to the Boleyn

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Goodbye to the Boleyn

Post by Gunner Rob »

at least they still have their hammers in the same position.

we couldn't even get that right with the cannon :oops: :banghead:

NBM

Post by NBM »

Clash wrote:Yeah this new stadium looks even more of a monstrosity than ours. I've got a couple of mates who support West Ham and I've been telling them for ages that they'll grow to hate the place and be pining for their old one once the novelty wears off.

West Ham are mirroring us in many ways and from a football perspective are making a lot of the same mistakes. Their new badge and re-branding is dreadful and it has the fingerprints of that poisonous bitch Karen Brady all over it.

'' West Ham United - London '' How desperate is that?!
Surprise there hasn't been more outrage from the Mockneys about this, it's a horrendous over-simplification of their badge.

I remember when they revealed our new badge on some crappy flags during halftime home to Southampton and it rightly got booed. West Ham seem relatively content with this abomination.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NBM wrote:
Clash wrote:Yeah this new stadium looks even more of a monstrosity than ours. I've got a couple of mates who support West Ham and I've been telling them for ages that they'll grow to hate the place and be pining for their old one once the novelty wears off.

West Ham are mirroring us in many ways and from a football perspective are making a lot of the same mistakes. Their new badge and re-branding is dreadful and it has the fingerprints of that poisonous bitch Karen Brady all over it.

Surprise there hasn't been more outrage from the Mockneys about this, it's a horrendous over-simplification of their badge.

I remember when they revealed our new badge on some crappy flags during halftime home to Southampton and it rightly got booed. West Ham seem relatively content with this abomination.
I remember when our new cartoon crest was revealed someone compared the new cannon to a slug in a wheelchair... :oops: :lol:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

New stadium. Cheap tickets. First home game of the season.

Still had thousands of empty seats.

Doesn't look too good for the future. :twisted:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

NBM wrote:

I was in the clock end that day - distinctly recall a chant of "what the f ing he'll is that"as some poor old junior Gunners had to walk around the pitch with the emblem on a flag.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Already they are bemoaning the FACT that tourists / fans of other teams are blatently turning up just to watch a match (have even seen pictures with fans in team shirts of other clubs (bizzare and asking for trouble :box: )

Sold your soul for the £, :-P

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

StuartL wrote:Already they are bemoaning the FACT that tourists / fans of other teams are blatently turning up just to watch a match (have even seen pictures with fans in team shirts of other clubs (bizzare and asking for trouble :box: )

Sold your soul for the £, :-P
Still they're getting cheap season tickets on the back of taxpayers :roll:

I think once the result in the Europa League result went against them it provided a vent for all the shit aspects of sellIng your soul.

Was it worth it for us? Never was for me but I can see it from others point of view as well. Just think Highbury was a unique symbol of a football club. But not enough corporate entertainment :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

olgitgooner wrote:New stadium. Cheap tickets. First home game of the season.

Bottom line is they have not got the support to fill that stadium, even with their tax payers subsidised tickets......or topped up by tourists and first time sightseers....

Compared to the Arsenal they are minnows

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:New stadium. Cheap tickets. First home game of the season.

Bottom line is they have not got the support to fill that stadium, even with their tax payers subsidised tickets......or topped up by tourists and first time sightseers....

Compared to the Arsenal they are minnows
Exactly. When they get settled and get into one of their relegation dogfights (or indeed get relegated :barscarf: ) they will have about 27000 fans trying to fill that stadium. Fuck em. :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

With the shammers moving to the Olympic stadium does it make them our closest London rivals?
Thought the lane was about 6 miles away?

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Nos89 wrote:With the shammers moving to the Olympic stadium does it make them our closest London rivals?
google maps says wham 5.3 miles, shithole 4.4 (both without traffic)

however, they are both well within our shadow 8)

Sean

Post by Sean »

My Seagull supporter mate is getting tickets for their game against Accrington in the League Cup. £15 per ticket. I was hoping to go watch a Barnet game or a non-league game, but I suppose you have to slum it once in a while :lol:

They'll have a couple more tourists in their taxpayer bowl :lol: :barscarf: 8)

Oh, and 'London Stadium'. What a shit name. That's the best they could come up with? :roll:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:With the shammers moving to the Olympic stadium does it make them our closest London rivals?
google maps says wham 5.3 miles, shithole 4.4 (both without traffic)

however, they are both well within our shadow 8)

Very true.
I've only been past the lane once because i followed the sat nav . Never gonna make that mistake.
As my youngest said they've ruined the Olympic stadium.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

West ham fans fighting each other because some fans are insisting on standing......fucking great ...love that

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Redarmy wrote:West ham fans fighting each other because some fans are insisting on standing......fucking great ...love that
Plus some fistie cuffs withway fans, as segregation is shit apparently. Be fun when some real yob firms turn up, for a punch up.