The dictatorship has officially arrived.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: The dictatorship has officially arrived.

Post by Redarmy »

armchair wrote:Is he only banned from Arsenal?
Have Tesco, TK Max, McDonalds and his local chippy not banned him too. Have they no morals?

Nope. Seems like its only Arsenal who are our moral guardians eh?
Last word on the subject... :D

Arsenal have more Black supporters than any other London team, and probably any other team in the country

The Arsenal fans are the most diverse and tolerant supporters, recent heroes being Ian Wright, Patrick Viera...Thierry Henry

No one in my opinion gives a shit about colour

I remember when an Arsenal flag with a cannon on it was visible at Highbury with a swastika on it, when extremists were trying to infiltrate

They did not last long and could not influence the clock end and gradually just faded away

Somewhat ironic then that these measures have been taken

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I have no issue with this whatsoever as long as whatever the people posted was some kind of racist slander. If they posted racist shit then the club have every right to ban them.

They are taking action against racism. Nothing more.

If it was because someone criticized the club, then yeah that would be a fucking dictatorship. But I doubt that was the reason.

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

Wouldn't be as bad if the letter states exactly what you've been banned for. For example, what tweet or post are they banning you for.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

To be honest i'm intrigued as to why it does not specify exactly why you are being banned :rubchin:

Let's be honest you don't end up in front of a judge without knowing the charges against you and therefore being able to defend yourself.

In fact it doesn't even seem to specify exactly which twitter account the 'bannable' offence was related too, bit strange in all honesty and i'm fairly sure that a decent ambulance chaser, i mean lawyer (not looking at anyone in particular ATID) could pull it to shreds without said evidence.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From an Arsenal website.......could include racism....fair enough, Homophobia....fair enough, and Wenger abuse??

The only problem about it is they can only prevent fans from buying tickets, so they will still be able to post their bitter poison about Arsene Wenger or the players or the club. I don’t think many of the those fans will be hurt by a ticket ban but it is better than nothing.

Few on this forum had better be careful myself included :shock:

Thought sending stewards to Man city to stop banners which any other fans in the country have been allowed to display was a new low

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:From an Arsenal website.......could include racism....fair enough, Homophobia....fair enough, and Wenger abuse??

The only problem about it is they can only prevent fans from buying tickets, so they will still be able to post their bitter poison about Arsene Wenger or the players or the club. I don’t think many of the those fans will be hurt by a ticket ban but it is better than nothing.

Thought sending stewards to Man city to stop banners which any other fans in the country have been allowed to display was a new low

And I'm surprised that you are surprised :shock:

Lets question why we are blaise about what this action means - do we believe that the club would only suspend a member for racist or homophobic abuse ? I certainly don't. Do we think that the club would suspend a member for abuse of wenger ? I certainly do anyway. Now when you put those things together, and combine them with the recent example of their ability and willingness to suspend fans for issues not even on their patch, then what we should have is a very worried fanbase who must be wondering if comments they make on here could result in them being thrown out of the club they love. :(

Speaking on my own behalf, I have frequently called le cock a useless senile c.unt and I have on numerous occasions wished bad things upon him .....will that be deemed unacceptable by the club and would they then push to suspend me ? Don't get me wrong cos I wont stop and I still feel that if my description is accurate (ie he IS a c.unt) then my actions cant be wrong, but it now appears that powers outside the owners of this forum and the mods. can interfere and take action against any one of us and there will be fcuk all any of us can do about it :evil: :cussing: :cussing:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:From an Arsenal website.......could include racism....fair enough, Homophobia....fair enough, and Wenger abuse??

And I'm surprised that you are surprised :shock:

Lets question why we are blaise about what this action means - do we believe that the club would only suspend a member for racist or homophobic abuse ? I certainly don't. Do we think that the club would suspend a member for abuse of wenger ? I certainly do anyway. Now when you put those things together, and combine them with the recent example of their ability and willingness to suspend fans for issues not even on their patch, then what we should have is a very worried fanbase who must be wondering if comments they make on here could result in them being thrown out of the club they love. :(

Speaking on my own behalf, I have frequently called le cock a useless senile c.unt and I have on numerous occasions wished bad things upon him .....will that be deemed unacceptable by the club and would they then push to suspend me ? Don't get me wrong cos I wont stop and I still feel that if my description is accurate (ie he IS a c.unt) then my actions cant be wrong, but it now appears that powers outside the owners of this forum and the mods. can interfere and take action against any one of us and there will be fcuk all any of us can do about it :evil: :cussing: :cussing:
What can they do to those of us who have suggested they shove their membership £ up Wenker's Arsenal until it hits the transfer war chest ? :rubchin:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

How are they supposed to link a faceless twitter account to an Arsenal membership? For example, believe it or not, I was not christened as Gunnersaurus.....

Might be easy to do if your email is used for both twitter and your Arsenal account but say you use different e mails for both and don't have your real name on Twitter than how can they link you?

Not sure they can or have the time to employ a cracking computer bod to spend time trying to do it.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Gunnersaurus wrote:How are they supposed to link a faceless twitter account to an Arsenal membership? For example, believe it or not, I was not christened as Gunnersaurus.....

Might be easy to do if your email is used for both twitter and your Arsenal account but say you use different e mails for both and don't have your real name on Twitter than how can they link you?

Not sure they can or have the time to employ a cracking computer bod to spend time trying to do it.
The big green one speaks sense!

augie

Post by augie »

Gunnersaurus wrote:How are they supposed to link a faceless twitter account to an Arsenal membership? For example, believe it or not, I was not christened as Gunnersaurus.....

So are you saying that you don't believe a guy was suspended ? :?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That google (Bot) down the bottom of the screen that's always logged in to the forum is tracking all the shit we write about the club.

Right now there's a print out on Ivan's desk outlining the details of the most millitant members and a swat team are about to break through the door of Augie's gaff :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:That google (Bot) down the bottom of the screen that's always logged in to the forum is tracking all the shit we write about the club.

Right now there's a print out on Ivan's desk outlining the details of the most millitant members and a swat team are about to break through the door of Augie's gaff :lol:

Is that why we haven't seen mikey or fwank on here lately ?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

No, I believe he probably was suspended but they caught him because he uses one e mail account for Twitter and his Arsenal log in.

If you use several e mails for different accounts than I'm not sure it's possible.

My twitter e mail and my Arsenal e mail are separate, my user names are different, fail to see them spending time trying to put two and two together for everyone.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Glad these Twitter trolls get banned, well done Arsenal.

I only hope the more derisory stuff on this website i've seen on occasion about Wenger needing to expire has been treated in the same way. After all I got a ban for calling someone a prick who basically fully deserves it. :lol: I can only presume their ban was proportionally appropriate

augie

Post by augie »

Gunnersaurus wrote:No, I believe he probably was suspended but they caught him because he uses one e mail account for Twitter and his Arsenal log in.

If you use several e mails for different accounts than I'm not sure it's possible.

My twitter e mail and my Arsenal e mail are separate, my user names are different, fail to see them spending time trying to put two and two together for everyone.

So in other words he was banned for being racist AND stupid :wink: :lol: :lol: