Wayno/ Mutley Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Number 5

Re: Wayno/ Mutley Gooner

Post by Number 5 »

Fucking hell, I can't remember how to quote anymore. :?

Alright mate. I'm a level 2 FA qualified football coach now, so be taking over from Wenger real soon. 8)

How are you man, I hear you've got a part in the new Justice League movie as Cyborg. Part man-part machine. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Number 5 wrote:Fucking hell, I can't remember how to quote anymore. :?

Alright mate. I'm a level 2 FA qualified football coach now, so be taking over from Wenger real soon. 8)

How are you man, I hear you've got a part in the new Justice League movie as Cyborg. Part man-part machine. :lol:
:lol:

Yep. Well, when I saw Spuddy making all that money as an Ewok in Star Wars I thought fuck it, all these injuries must be good for something rather than just being "pliable"... :shock:

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Yep. Well, when I saw Spuddy making all that money as an Ewok in Star Wars I thought fuck it, all these injuries must be good for something rather than just being "pliable"... :shock:
Speaking of ploughable, hows the wife? :lol: :D 8)

:oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Number 5 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Speaking of ploughable, hows the wife? :lol: :D 8)

:oops:
Still very. :lol: 8)

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Haven't been on for a while so have only just seen this. I am shocked to hear this sad news. Like everyone who knew of him have already said, Wayno was a fantastic character and one of the reasons that kept us visiting this forum in the old days. I can't help but confess that I was in total shock reading the posts on this thread - until seeing his old avatar again, when I just instinctively began smiling!! And that just about summed up the Wayno I knew from the forum: madcap, provocative, rebellious perhaps - but always making people laugh.

My condolences go to his family and friends.

onemoreminute

Post by onemoreminute »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:
g88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:TBH I think if we do go with a stone at the stadium we should just keep it brief and respectable as it may be something Wayno's wife and kids (and his mom and/or dad maybe too?) like to visit - and crude or double-meaning remarks might cheapen it for them or embarrass them. I know Wayno would have found something risque funny, but it is his family that will have to live with the stone and any comments we put on it.
Didn't we also raise money for a stone for Charlie Charlie? I don't remember seeing any pics?

Agree completely about a respectful message. Personally I'm more in favour of a charitable donation (Battersea dogs home? :wink: ) but I'd donate either way.

Yes I wondered about Charlie Charlie's stone - if anyone knows where it is (and what it says!) I'm happy to photograph it and put the pics on here.
I have only just seen this, I'm stunned, so sad, my thoughts go out to his family :cry: :cry:

I haven't been on here for a long time, after Steve (aka Charlie! Charlie!) passed away, I decided to leave as it didn't feel the same without my best mate being here.
I have seen a couple of people enquire about Steve's plaque, if you walk from the shop towards the cannons, it is situated I think on the second row back, it reads ' Steve 'Bob' Hope, 04/11/69 - 19/05/11, Gooner Forever.
I visit it every time I go to a game, I still meet up with Steve's dad, a every year on the 19th May, we go the plaque and then have a good drink in memory.

I will now be raising a glass to both him and Wayno, i'll never forget the Chelsea semi-final with Charlie! Charlie!, Wayno and Gus

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

onemoreminute wrote:
Basil is a Gooner wrote:
g88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:TBH I think if we do go with a stone at the stadium we should just keep it brief and respectable as it may be something Wayno's wife and kids (and his mom and/or dad maybe too?) like to visit - and crude or double-meaning remarks might cheapen it for them or embarrass them. I know Wayno would have found something risque funny, but it is his family that will have to live with the stone and any comments we put on it.
Didn't we also raise money for a stone for Charlie Charlie? I don't remember seeing any pics?

Agree completely about a respectful message. Personally I'm more in favour of a charitable donation (Battersea dogs home? :wink: ) but I'd donate either way.

Yes I wondered about Charlie Charlie's stone - if anyone knows where it is (and what it says!) I'm happy to photograph it and put the pics on here.
I have only just seen this, I'm stunned, so sad, my thoughts go out to his family :cry: :cry:

I haven't been on here for a long time, after Steve (aka Charlie! Charlie!) passed away, I decided to leave as it didn't feel the same without my best mate being here.
I have seen a couple of people enquire about Steve's plaque, if you walk from the shop towards the cannons, it is situated I think on the second row back, it reads ' Steve 'Bob' Hope, 04/11/69 - 19/05/11, Gooner Forever.
I visit it every time I go to a game, I still meet up with Steve's dad, a every year on the 19th May, we go the plaque and then have a good drink in memory.

I will now be raising a glass to both him and Wayno, i'll never forget the Chelsea semi-final with Charlie! Charlie!, Wayno and Gus
Hi mate - been a while! You are genuinely missed on here, but we understand your decision. Always know though you are welcome and have friends here. 8)

onemoreminute

Post by onemoreminute »

DB10GOONER wrote:
onemoreminute wrote:
Basil is a Gooner wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Hi mate, yes its been a while!
Hope your good? Like I said, ive only just found out about Wayno, I'm still in shock, so sad.
Had some of the funniest nights on here, do you remember when Gus put up the delightful pictures of himself and the remote control?!!

Hi mate - been a while! You are genuinely missed on here, but we understand your decision. Always know though you are welcome and have friends here. 8)
Hi mate, yes its been a while!
Hope your good? Like I said, ive only just found out about Wayno, I'm still in shock, so so sad.
Had some of the funniest nights on here, do you remember when Gus put up the delightful pictures of himself and the remote control!! Brilliant, then the camping trip with Wayno in the all in one lime green spandex body suit!!

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

Had to come out of retirement to pay my respects to Wayno. Was told the news earlier today and was absolutely stunned. :(

He was larger-than-life and had a wicked sense of humour. Will always have fond memories of him, most of which saw us enjoy a few post-match beers together, back in the early days of the Rocket. Must've been around 2007-2009..

RIP Wayno. My thoughts are with all your family and friends.

UTA.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Great to see old names on here again. And the banter. :)

augie

Post by augie »

olgitgooner wrote:Great to see old names on here again. And the banter. :)

Indeed it is - obviously we all wish it was under better circumstances, but hopefully the guys will stick around for a while and help bring this place back to the type of place it used to be 8)

onemoreminute

Post by onemoreminute »

augie wrote:

Indeed it is - obviously we all wish it was under better circumstances, but hopefully the guys will stick around for a while and help bring this place back to the type of place it used to be 8)
Good to see you guys still here, obviously would rather be chatting under different circumstances :cry:

I'm going to re-kindle my love affair with the Online Gooner, this is where I met some great people and had some brilliant times, and more importantly to keep the memory alive of two huge characters, loved by many but never, ever forgotten. :barscarf:
She wore.....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:

^^^This^^^

:barscarf:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

[quote

This link works, old git wrote his link by hand :D[/quote]

https://www.gofundme.com/2kwbwl8

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
augie wrote:

^^^This^^^

:barscarf:
Hell yeah.

As a tribute to Wayno I think the least we could do is get the forum taken offline for a couple of days.

Who or what can we start on to get a complaint big enough sent to Gooner.ed or Mike Francis so they pull the plug :hmmthink: