Wayno/ Mutley Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
storrmin571

Re: Wayno/ Mutley Gooner

Post by storrmin571 »

Sad news. Thoughts with all friends and family.

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends. Really enjoyed his humour. Very sad news

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

[quote="corkbarry"]Hard to believe that some so full of life is gone.

That photo brings back happy memories Barry 8)

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

rodders999 wrote:His avatar will be ingrained on my mind forever! You could never again unsee that.

Very sad news, condolences to family and friends.

RIP
Yeah I agree Rodders and I never quite knew whether the shagging/vomiting dog was real or not!
Like most on here never knew him personally but you could tell what a top man he was by the quality of his posts.
Condolences to his family and friends.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Fuck me. Only just seen this. Wayno/Mutley and Gus were a mods nightmare. In fact they often used to wait until they thought we had all gone to bed to post some of the most outrageous stuff. But they were really fun times and I can honestly say that Wayno made me laugh out loud (not lol) but really laugh out loud more than anyone on this forum. TBH I have a tear in my eye typing this. RIP mate. :cry: :cry:

I will support anything people want to do to honour him. Oldgit would something to help his family be appropriate?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Chippy wrote:Fuck me. Only just seen this. Wayno/Mutley and Gus were a mods nightmare. In fact they often used to wait until they thought we had all gone to bed to post some of the most outrageous stuff. But they were really fun times and I can honestly say that Wayno made me laugh out loud (not lol) but really laugh out loud more than anyone on this forum. TBH I have a tear in my eye typing this. RIP mate. :cry: :cry:

I will support anything people want to do to honour him. Oldgit would something to help his family be appropriate?
We could sponsor Crufts Dog Show and have the Mutley Gooner best in breed trophy.

He'd have loved that. :barscarf:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Terrible news.

RIP Wayno.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

RIP Mutley Gooner.

And u'd think u have problems :cry:

augie

Post by augie »

Chippy wrote:Fuck me. Only just seen this. Wayno/Mutley and Gus were a mods nightmare. In fact they often used to wait until they thought we had all gone to bed to post some of the most outrageous stuff. But they were really fun times and I can honestly say that Wayno made me laugh out loud (not lol) but really laugh out loud more than anyone on this forum. TBH I have a tear in my eye typing this. RIP mate. :cry: :cry:

I would agree with this - let us know if we decide to do something

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Kind of people to offer donations. Not sure what to do. So I've messaged Steve asking for his thoughts. He knew Wayne better than any of us and also knows the family.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I've now heard back from Steve. On monday he applied to rejoin the forum so he could say a few words. He also sent a separate email explaining the situation. He never even got a response. Which is a bit disappointing, given the sad circumstances.

So I will volunteer to organise a collection. I'll go to the bank tomorrow and open a temporary account for people to send donations to. I'll post the details asap.

We need suggestions as to how the money could be spent. I'm thinking maybe a memorial tablet at the Grove? Any left over money to go to the family or a charity of their choice? If we are all happy with this then there would be the choice of wording on the memorial to be decided. Wayno would probably like it if there were swearwords involved :twisted: but I don't think we could get away with that. Unless it was in cryptic form. A la "CU next tuesday" :) . All suggestions gratefully received. Especially any deviously clever and funny ones as befiitting Wayno's brilliant sense of humour. :rubchin: Post here or pm me.

Good to know that Wayno/Mutley is remembered so fondly by you all.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

olgitgooner wrote:I've now heard back from Steve. On monday he applied to rejoin the forum so he could say a few words. He also sent a separate email explaining the situation. He never even got a response. Which is a bit disappointing, given the sad circumstances.

So I will volunteer to organise a collection. I'll go to the bank tomorrow and open a temporary account for people to send donations to. I'll post the details asap.

We need suggestions as to how the money could be spent. I'm thinking maybe a memorial tablet at the Grove? Any left over money to go to the family or a charity of their choice? If we are all happy with this then there would be the choice of wording on the memorial to be decided. Wayno would probably like it if there were swearwords involved :twisted: but I don't think we could get away with that. Unless it was in cryptic form. A la "CU next tuesday" :) . All suggestions gratefully received. Especially any deviously clever and funny ones as befiitting Wayno's brilliant sense of humour. :rubchin: Post here or pm me.

Nice one olgit. 8) an engraving of a puking dog gets my vote :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

olgitgooner wrote:I've now heard back from Steve. On monday he applied to rejoin the forum so he could say a few words. He also sent a separate email explaining the situation. He never even got a response. Which is a bit disappointing, given the sad circumstances.

Any reason why ?? :shock: :shock: Was gus thrown off the forum back in the day ? I miss the banter and craic steve brought to the forum and I would love to see him back on here full time, but leaving that aside he should still be allowed on for this situation :(

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Don't know Augie. Need to ask the powers that be :?

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Christ you guys must remember the run ins. There was one notorious night when the 2 of them basically tried to post the most provocative stuff going and they got banned. They were allowed back on and then got bollocked for something else so asked to have their original accounts deleted. After a while they came back as Percy and Mutley until another spat with Percy and a mod led to Percy again asking for his account to be deleted. At this stage Mike decided he had had enough and banned Percy altogether. Mutley's account is still open I believe.

BTW this is a very abridged version of what happened and my memory is not as good as it used to be before age and alcohol took their toll, but the broad narrative is right. Others may want to fill in some details.

Notwithstanding the above the forum was a much funnier place when those 2 were on form.