Wayno/ Mutley Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Wayno/ Mutley Gooner

Post by DB10GOONER »

TBH I think if we do go with a stone at the stadium we should just keep it brief and respectable as it may be something Wayno's wife and kids (and his mom and/or dad maybe too?) like to visit - and crude or double-meaning remarks might cheapen it for them or embarrass them. I know Wayno would have found something risque funny, but it is his family that will have to live with the stone and any comments we put on it.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:TBH I think if we do go with a stone at the stadium we should just keep it brief and respectable as it may be something Wayno's wife and kids (and his mom and/or dad maybe too?) like to visit - and crude or double-meaning remarks might cheapen it for them or embarrass them. I know Wayno would have found something risque funny, but it is his family that will have to live with the stone and any comments we put on it.
Didn't we also raise money for a stone for Charlie Charlie? I don't remember seeing any pics?

Agree completely about a respectful message. Personally I'm more in favour of a charitable donation (Battersea dogs home? :wink: ) but I'd donate either way.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I didn't know the guy personally but his sense of humour and avatar always made me smile. Strange because I haven't met any of the fellas from the forum before but having spent 8 years having a good old laugh and a moan on here it feels like one of the family have gone when I hear sad news like this

I wish all of his family and friends all the very best and offer all the sympathy my heart can muster - god bless and hope you're looking down on us still having a laugh and a joke fella :barscarf:

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Sad news - whilst Wayno's posts were not exactly my favourites :wink: it is always sad to hear when a fellow Gooner has passed away leaving a family with young kids behind, and a lot of friends which I know he had on this forum.

RIP.

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

g88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:TBH I think if we do go with a stone at the stadium we should just keep it brief and respectable as it may be something Wayno's wife and kids (and his mom and/or dad maybe too?) like to visit - and crude or double-meaning remarks might cheapen it for them or embarrass them. I know Wayno would have found something risque funny, but it is his family that will have to live with the stone and any comments we put on it.
Didn't we also raise money for a stone for Charlie Charlie? I don't remember seeing any pics?

Agree completely about a respectful message. Personally I'm more in favour of a charitable donation (Battersea dogs home? :wink: ) but I'd donate either way.

Yes I wondered about Charlie Charlie's stone - if anyone knows where it is (and what it says!) I'm happy to photograph it and put the pics on here.

Kevinho

Post by Kevinho »

This is absolutely shocking news. I only met Wayne on a couple of occasions and so did not really know him but he was very friendly as well as being a complete nutter. When I used to engage with the forum way back when, his posts did stand out as being funny as fuck.

I would like to contribute to whatever memorial is decided upon here.

Rest In Peace Wayne. All my thoughts and condolences to his wife and children.

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

:shock: :? Very sad news for Wayno & his young family. I have a photo of Wayno in Block 2 a number of years back. I tried to find it last night but couldn't.

RIP

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

Just to clear something up. Gus applies to rejoin the forum to post a message. Our webmaster, who is able to sort these permissions emailed me to ask if it was ok under the circumstances. I said yes. I do not know what happened next. It is possible that my response arrived at a busy time and our webmaster forgot to get back to it. Anyway I am in the process of finding out what happened. There was no decision here to prevent Gus from being able to post under the circumstances. No question mutley and gus were a pair of comedians. And a pair that sometimes set out to get banned, succeeding more than once. Unfortunately it has led to this mix up. If Gus cannot wait he can email myself or one of the forum regulars to post his own tribute to mutley. My address is [email protected]

augie

Post by augie »

Good stuff 8)

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

Regarding Gus, I replied to his message on Monday 25th July asking him to confirm his username so that I could reactivate it, but I have not had a reply. The email was sent to s****.v****@hotmail.co.uk - does anyone know if this is the correct email to contact him on.

If anyone knows him off-forum perhaps you could nudge him and let him know we are waiting to hear in reply.

Thank you.

Rob.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

The link below relates to the tragic circumstances surrounding Wayno's untimely passing................... RIP Gooner!

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/name-of-ma ... story.html

jesper arnsbjerg

Post by jesper arnsbjerg »

So sad to hear this, he has helped me with tickets and he gave me so many good laughs on this forum
remember he posted a great photo of a goat that really made me laugh
RIP Wayno

Post by 1989 »

Rip.

Very sad news.

I remember his posts. They used to be very funny and he was a character.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

goonertom1995

Post by goonertom1995 »

Just read the article, so sad. RIP gooner

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Only just seen this, terrible news.

RIP gooner