Thoughts on the Ludogorets away ticketing regulations

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
physician

Thoughts on the Ludogorets away ticketing regulations

Post by physician »

Just read the link below on fans having to provide full names, dates of birth & passport numbers which will be put on the tickets to be checked at the stadium - seems a bit over the top! To my knowledge this hasn't happened before. What are people's thoughts on this?
http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/161 ... al-tickets

arseofacrow

Re: Thoughts on the Ludogorets away ticketing regulations

Post by arseofacrow »

To elaborate a little on physicians opening post, the regulations are because of an "increase in anti-social behaviour by some of our fans"

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I think that it is the price paid by the majority because of the actions of the minority. we have this approach in all walks of life these days. Unfortunately some people just cannot be trusted to take responsibility for their behaviour and drink in moderation.
I personally think that some of the wittiest (is that a word?) and genuinely nice people are found in football crowds. Unfortunately so are some of the most childish wankers in society.

Any crowd gathering in the UK attracts a number of wankers that have no consideration for those around them. I encountered it recently myself at the Proms in the Park in September. Most of the people there were having a really good time, drinking sensibly and enjoying the music etc. There were a few near us who had no interest in what was going on on stage. They were just fucking about, drinking heavily and generally annoying everyone around them. They were not violent but they were totally inconsiderate of others rights to enjoy themselves in a civil manner. Once security arrived to deal with them they behaved like they couldn't believe people were complaining. They then started abusing everyone in the locailty for being miserable *word censored* and eventually got ejected by around 20 big fuckers. They just had no idea of how to control themselves and couldn't understand why they should be expected to. It's people like that who cause these restrictions to be put in place and if doing so weeds them out then I think it has to be a good thing.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

It's understandable tbh. I was in Munich last year on the back of a mates season ticket. I love going abroad with Arsenal it's always a good laugh, we met a group of gooners in hoffbrahaus who we had a great afternoon with. All strangers but there to have a laugh and discuss all things Arsenal, combined with beer food and women.

They weren't letting gooners into the beer hall after around 3pm, I could see why outside it was raucous, loud and quite intimidating. Most gooners where having a good time but there was shattered glass in the middle of the square where a large group of gooners had congregated. As the evening closed in the police turned up, you could see that some of the fans couldn't handle their beer and it could easily kick off. We decided 2 hours before kick off to make a move, as far as I am aware nothing happened but it definitely was a flash point.

It makes things more tricky getting tickets because I use 2 of my mates season tickets, and will have to disclose my details and anyone who comes with me abroad. In a way this is good because it will put people off just buying tickets to sell on and bag the away credit. Hopefully that will in particular make it easier to get tickets for Basel away which I think will be an amazing trip.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Nothing to do with banning banners I suppose.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Did this happen for PSG away? Will it happen for Basel? Or is it simply a requirement of Bulgarian law? Similar to how tickets in Italy need your name on but that doesn't really happen anywhere else...

I can see it affecting our attendances away in Europe tbh. I reckon a good 50% of those at these away games are using tickets bought by or from someone else who wants the credit but has no intention of travelling. How many of those people selling spares are gonna go to the trouble of tracking down people's passport numbers, DOB, names etc before selling them on? They just won't bother.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Dan_85 wrote:Did this happen for PSG away? Will it happen for Basel? Or is it simply a requirement of Bulgarian law? Similar to how tickets in Italy need your name on but that doesn't really happen anywhere else...

I can see it affecting our attendances away in Europe tbh. I reckon a good 50% of those at these away games are using tickets bought by or from someone else who wants the credit but has no intention of travelling. How many of those people selling spares are gonna go to the trouble of tracking down people's passport numbers, DOB, names etc before selling them on? They just won't bother.

I know it's great isn't it:). For Paris it was the same but a lot of that was enforced by the French authorities who understandably are quite jumpy at high profile matches and the risk of terrorism. Not saying there are any jihadist gooners just they need to know the people turning up are the same that bought them, which is understandable.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

It's fucking Wenger's fault.

HARLOW GOONER

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

Any recommendations for bars and restaurants in Sofia anyone ?
Preferably not an English, Irish, Ex-pats pub.

augie

Post by augie »

Red Snapper wrote:Nothing to do with banning banners I suppose.

That was my first reaction too - in fact I would be amazed if it wasn't a factor in this decision

Oooh to

Post by Oooh to »

The only reason I can see for this is so the old bill know who the tickets are for and can block anyone they don't want to go! If it truly was to do with anti-social behaviour then it would need the foreign police to catch people in the act, in which case they could easy identify them from passport, name on ticket irrelevant!

This Is The Daybreak

Post by This Is The Daybreak »

To be fair this might be a good thing to do going forward with domestic away games (obviously not the passport number). Just tickets with the name on it and your id is checked to match the ticket at the turnstile. If you cant go to watch the game then the club offer a refund. They've done it with gig tickets in the past to prevent touting. Too much credit collection among st the away support with a lot buying a ticket with no intention of going just so they can get a credit. Away tickets seem a closed shop now days.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Sounds Ludo-crous :oops:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Leyton Gooner wrote:Sounds Ludo-crous :oops:
Agree that something should be done to break the Monopoly, although I haven't got a Cluedo what.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:Sounds Ludo-crous :oops:
Agree that something should be done to break the Monopoly, although I haven't got a Cluedo what.
I had to Scrabble around to find a pun for this but will take a Risk on "I chesst about agree with you" :fryingpan: :dancingbanana:

:wink: