league cup v reading

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

league cup v reading

Post by REB »

up next, lots of changes to the team i would imagine.

greengooner

Re: league cup v reading

Post by greengooner »

Couldn't care less because clueless won't, kids versus journeymen cloggers, draw and lose replay

Sean

Post by Sean »

I'd like us to win this cup for the first time since 1993, but TOF will no doubt disgrace the competition again :censored:

They are shite, we are shite, the game will be a massive pile of shite :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

our only chance of a cup. i'd be 10x more gutted if we lose this than today. the league was always out of our reach with wenger but i feel like we can bluff our way through the domestic cups for some reason.

3-1 the gunners

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Boring boring Arsene :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:our only chance of a cup. i'd be 10x more gutted if we lose this than today. the league was always out of our reach with wenger but i feel like we can bluff our way through the domestic cups for some reason.

3-1 the gunners
We can because it's a lottery, a lot of the teams are absolute pants and we have good performances, really good at times, in us.

The League is a different story, it requires resilience, endurance, confidence, a never say die attitude,coupled with tactical nous and excellent & inspirational management. You see where the problem is right?

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

People on here might dismiss this match but I don't care because I am taking my nephews to this. These kids are the future Arsenal boys when I am long gone so I will do anything I can to to ensure they will always have Arsenal blood running through them. Win or lose you all know there's only one team for us oldens.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

hertsgunner wrote:People on here might dismiss this match but I don't care because I am taking my nephews to this. These kids are the future Arsenal boys when I am long gone so I will do anything I can to to ensure they will always have Arsenal blood running through them. Win or lose you all know there's only one team for us oldens.
Hope they enjoy it. I don't think you'll find may on here dismissing it. It's the clueless old fraud that will.

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
hertsgunner wrote:People on here might dismiss this match but I don't care because I am taking my nephews to this. These kids are the future Arsenal boys when I am long gone so I will do anything I can to to ensure they will always have Arsenal blood running through them. Win or lose you all know there's only one team for us oldens.
Hope they enjoy it. I don't think you'll find may on here dismissing it. It's the clueless old fraud that will.
I know what you mean mate the sooner the old fraud goes the better, but he is not Arsenal we are The Arsenal and I will follow them to my dying days.They will never take our club away from us.

Lost_Gooner

Post by Lost_Gooner »

I was going to take my son to the game, unfortunately I'm now going to be out of the county on the day! I've given the tickets to a friend!

I hope we win it as I'd like us to have a good cup run!
It's been a while since we have won it and I feel we have half a chance on this cup! :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

People dismiss this competition as being unimportant etc, yet look at the travelling support we had in our last two games in it, Sheffield Wednesday last season and Nottingham Forest this season..
I like this cup. Happy memories of being at my first Arsenal cup final in 1993, or the famous win "against the might of Liverpool and the record of Ian Rush" to quote Barry Davis in 1987..
Can't see it as a distraction either, it can easily if you view it as one from the outset, last three winners Man City, Chelsea and again Man City...the first two years the winners won the title also..
Hope we approach this game properly and thus competition, anything can happen then as the other ties eliminate at least two top teams..

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Surely this shouldn't be a problem.... but then again neither should Boro have been. This is what I hate about Wenger, he goes all out, in his half arsed incompetent way, to win trophies he never will, then in the ones he actually can, he tinkers with the team and treats the competition with disdain. Example... he'll make sweeping changing as it's "only" Reading and in his grandiose overview the competition doesn't really matter anyway, yet he is quite prepared to run players into the ground in order to sweep Ludogrets away. He needs to make statements in the league and in domestic comps, send out a message, none of the big guns in Europe fear us anyway.... beating Olympiacos 3-0 or Ludogrets 6-0 is not going to change that. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

In 1991 GG was alleged to have said after losing to Coventry in the League Cup that "if there was a game to lose that was it" or words to that effect..We were champions and facing Benfica in the European Cup..Four months later, Benfica had destroyed us in extra time at Highbury, Wrexham had humiliated us in the FA Cup and we were out of contention in the League...It was only January 1992...We did have a great run in in the League, playing fantastic football and scoring goals for fun..But we didn't qualify for Europe.
Many Arsenal fans were disappointed after the Coventry game, not just with losing but also with George's alleged comments.. This was revisited in the bleakest winter when we had no trophies to play for..I think "be careful what you wish for" was the phrase..

Herd

Post by Herd »

Cant have it all , the clubs Objectives are 4th placed finish first Qualify for KO stage of cl 2nd ,after that they dont care its all gravy !

The league cup is of no real interest to us even in a final !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:our only chance of a cup. i'd be 10x more gutted if we lose this than today. the league was always out of our reach with wenger but i feel like we can bluff our way through the domestic cups for some reason.

3-1 the gunners
We can because it's a lottery, a lot of the teams are absolute pants and we have good performances, really good at times, in us.

The League is a different story, it requires resilience, endurance, confidence, a never say die attitude,coupled with tactical nous and excellent & inspirational management. You see where the problem is right?
We're on a loser from the start when you put it like that.

Anyone remember the night he made denilson captain in this competition....the arm band was THAT Heavy it slowed him down - at least that's the rumour. :lol: