PSG (H)- C Lge - Weds 23rd Nov 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: PSG (H)- C Lge - Weds 23rd Nov 745pm

Post by xisstential »

Once again Cavani missed a hatful. Should have been 6 - 3 over the 2 legs

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Probably be called racist but I'm walking back to the arsenal tube station with my old man and don't think I've heard an English voice yet ... where the fuck have our fans went?

Makes me sad.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

no one played well but shout out to jenkinson, iwobi, and gibbs for being particularly SHITTY.

And Ramsey is just on a whole new level, below shitty...like burning garbage mixed with a liquid shit after eating Mexican food. Possibly even worse than that. Like I said 5 YEARS AGO (look it up in the Ramsey thread), he doesn't deserve to ever wear the shirt again.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

scotgooner wrote:Probably be called racist but I'm walking back to the arsenal tube station with my old man and don't think I've heard an English voice yet ... where the fuck have our fans went?

Makes me sad.

Racist

:D

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

It's all so boringly predictable, 4th in the league, tick
Playing like shit in November, tick
Finishing second in our money league group, tick
Awaiting our last 16 buttholing, tick
Yawn f**ing yawn

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

greengooner wrote:It's all so boringly predictable, 4th in the league, tick
Playing like shit in November, tick
Finishing second in our money league group, tick
Awaiting our last 16 buttholing, tick
Yawn f**ing yawn
Don't forget the 2-0 win coming up on Saturday as there is no danger of going top but we do need to fight tenaciously to hold onto that 4th spot :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Topside Northbank wrote:No point playing Ozil,Sanchez,Kos etc in Basel the group is done.....we are 2nd.Only the deluded one will think differently.

Lets be realistic we were lucky PSG didn't batter us out there and we should of lost as well tonight.
Same scenario happened in 2012/13 at the greatest stadium in all of Piraeus: http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/121 ... -v-arsenal

Wenger put out a 2nd string lineup, we lost predictably and Schalke dropped the points we didn't think they would yet they still finished top. We got Bayern and were bumholed in the 1st leg before showing great mental strength in the second leg. Who wants to bet the same thing happens this season except with Barca :lol:

fabiandeguisson

Post by fabiandeguisson »

On a slightly different note did anyone else notice that Thiago Motta was actually wearing a pair of black and white football boots!! Im pretty certain that they were Mizuno! Quite refreshing to see but im guessing at 34 he is one of the last of a dying "old school" breed of footballers!

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

One moment that stood out, was Ozil being hurried by 2 PSG players close to the touchline, he somehow managed to work the space and slipped a brilliant ball to Ramsey who was acres of space. But instead of turning and running with the ball, Ramsey instead played a first time ball about 25 yards backwards to Jenkinson deep into our right pocket.

The crowd did pick up on it, and booed.

Giroud, Chamberlain, Walcott and Ramsey were all on the chopping block last season, Giroud, Walcott and Chamberlain have responded and have contributed this season. However, Ramsey has done nothing. The only way his presence can be justified, is if he scores goals. Like Theo - not a great passer, not a great link up player, nor offers any defensive stability. But Theo, has a habit of finding the net. Without goals to his game, Ramsey is pointless. Xhaka is a better defender, passer, and offers a goal threat. Why he cant get a game ahead of Ramsey is bizarre.

If Wenger doesnt act and drop Ramsey indefinitely, this season can very easily get away from us very quickly.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

New season in this cup and the same old shite :roll: 2nd place almost guaranteed now..cue our annual anal reaming at the hands of barca/atletico/juve or whoever wins the madrid dortmund group.Its the same every season :yawn: come feb/mar even if we were to be in with a small chance in the league(i know we wont be cos le bumhole is in charge) if all 4 wheels arent already off by this time they will fly off when we get ringholed :oops:
Its ok though folks cos when we do get fucked out in march and slide down the table..we will put a run together and somehow manage to get into the top 4 :barscarf: :barscarf: :suicide:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

fabiandeguisson wrote:On a slightly different note did anyone else notice that Thiago Motta was actually wearing a pair of black and white football boots!! Im pretty certain that they were Mizuno! Quite refreshing to see but im guessing at 34 he is one of the last of a dying "old school" breed of footballers!
I've still got my 3 stripe B/W boots hanging up in my shed - they've been there for about 50 years !. Anyone want them ?. The game was crap but good to see Feo come on again as sub & not touch the ball. Just play the Ox wide right & tell him to take on his man every time & chip the ball far post. That's if The lazy Frenchman is playing !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

It would be nice for Arsenal to actually achieve something like winning their group but alas it's just Groundhog day again.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

was not so much Wenger doing tactics as our players could not get near their midfield either by design or ambition

PSG controlled the middle of the park totally...same as Man Utd

They have to work harder, and start to win the right to play football

Last few games very lucky not to get beaten

Still sure Mr 30 years in football will soon sort it out :D

wibble

Post by wibble »

scotgooner wrote:Probably be called racist but I'm walking back to the arsenal tube station with my old man and don't think I've heard an English voice yet ... where the fuck have our fans went?

Makes me sad.
Said the racist scotsman

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Well, my piss is still boiling... :tickedoff: :cussing:

I know I've said I don't give a fuck about this "competition", and tbh I don't, but it still pisses me off on a match by match basis. Last night was typical of Wenger's Modern Arsenal; no spine, no ideas, no leadership, no tactics, no direction, too many underperforming players STILL getting picked, a manager that sits on his hands rather than - God forbid - make any tactical changes... :roll:

We are a very expensive pub team. We go out and just play. No structure to it, just play football. Hey look - the midfielders are all holding the ball and tipping it to each other, but hey look over there, one of the strikers is sprinting in behind, but uh-oh he ain't getting the ball... :roll:

We have too many average and shit players that Wenger seems to think he owes some bizarre debt of loyalty to; Gibbs is shit, The Giant German Vagina is shit, Jenko is shit, Gabriel is shit, Sanogo is shit, Chambers is shit, Coquelin is average, Monreal is average to good, Holding is average, Elneny is average, Giroud is average, Welbeck is average, Ospina is average, Mustafi is average, Walcott goes from shit to average, Ramsey goes from shit to shitter to shittest. Ramsey is so shit, he makes me want to break things. :x

We also have too many top players, and players with proper potential, that are regularly under-performing and/or getting frustrated by the shit around them, and so they don't deliver at the highest level often enough; Sanchez, Iwobi, Ozil, the Ox, Cech, Kos, Xhaka, Bellerin, Santi...

Final thoughts? Cavani is a dirty little cúnt. :censored: Wenger hasn't got a fucking scooby. :roll: Ramsey is fucking shit. :x :cussing:

Oh, and Martin Keown is sounding more and more like a melt every time he opens his mouth... :oops: :roll: