PSG (H)- C Lge - Weds 23rd Nov 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

PSG (H)- C Lge - Weds 23rd Nov 745pm

Post by falkirk goon »

I wonder how this will go :rubchin: The game will no doubt be a pile of shite.

SteveO 35

Re: PSG (H)- C Lge - Weds 23rd Nov 745pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

Its November.....its the boreathon group stage in its 3rd month and still not done.......its the inevitability of finishing 2nd......its the time for the banners to start being dusted off.......its a moral victory in the 2nd leg against someone like Bayern in March........its Groundhog time !

TO1AW

:barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

It's like watching a film when you know how it ends already.. I don't think we will win this game, but somewhere in the plot there is a heroic failure coming up..Probably in February.
The post match excuse bingo will probably centre on the magnificent exertions at Old Trafford.. 0-1 or1-1..

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

3-0 to PSG, a glorious runners up place for Farsenal and a match against a big boy in the knockout stage where we get stuffed at home before getting a decent (but not good enough) result away from home.......we've all been here before haven't we!! :roll:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

A win either way is the requirement here.A low scoring draw 0-0 or 1-1 and the group is still up in the air meaning le fartpipe will play his full team in Basel (and fail anyway).

Clash

Post by Clash »

What a disgraceful competition this is. The group is done with 2 games to go and you could have predicted that would be the case at the start.

Finishing 1st or 2nd doesnt really matter either ... especially when there is a good chance that finishing top might still mean facing Barcelona in the last 16.

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

For years we've been unable to compete at the level of the knock out stages, often embarrassingly so. After yesterdays debacle things won't be changing for sometime :x

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Going to this one with my old man! First time at the emirates in a year or so...

Looking forward to many pints in some different London boozers during the day then the game at night and hopefully a win to top the group!

COYG

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Anyone know what the permutations are for us getting Olympiakos in the next round? That's all that's keeping me going

augie

Post by augie »

According to the meeja, psg are in turmoil behind the scenes with major issues between the high profile players and their new manager (emery - no not dick emery :lol: ). Normally my attitude to that would be "who gives a fcuk", but it might open the door for them to make another approach for a senile old c.unt manager whose contract expires at the end of the season :rubchin:

As for the game ............ who gives a fcuk how it goes :roll:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

augie wrote:According to the meeja, psg are in turmoil behind the scenes with major issues between the high profile players and their new manager (emery - no not dick emery :lol: ). Normally my attitude to that would be "who gives a fcuk", but it might open the door for them to make another approach for a senile old c.unt manager whose contract expires at the end of the season :rubchin:

Thank fully ive sold my ticket for this non event of game that is apparently a Grade A costing me £70+. Really!?!? :rubchin:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SPARKSY wrote:
augie wrote:According to the meeja, psg are in turmoil behind the scenes with major issues between the high profile players and their new manager (emery - no not dick emery :lol: ). Normally my attitude to that would be "who gives a fcuk", but it might open the door for them to make another approach for a senile old c.unt manager whose contract expires at the end of the season :rubchin:

Thank fully ive sold my ticket for this non event of game that is apparently a Grade A costing me £70+. Really!?!? :rubchin:
as a non season ticket holder I looked at the prices of this game (£70+ for what is effectively a meaningless match in a competition we have no hope of winning) and next week (£10 for a competitive quarter final cup match in probably the only competition we can win)

Well that was an easy decision :D

the trouble is le cock sees PSG as a high profile game to raise brand awareness of Arsenal and so will feel compelled to put out the first team :banghead:

so not only will that weaken us for our next league game, he will play the reserves v Southampton in the cup.

IT IS THIS LOGIC THAT SEES US GET INJURIES AND WHY WE HARDLY EVER WIN ANY TROPHIES ANYMORE

any non season ticket holder should boycott the game on Wednesday. By buying a ticket you are just contributing to the continuing cycle of failure at the club

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:Anyone know what the permutations are for us getting Olympiakos in the next round? That's all that's keeping me going
tough but it is possible :D

we would need to get bumholed by PSG on Wednesday night (nice easy start)
we would then have to travel to Basel and get bumholed by them. This is where it gets tricky. we would then have to start a major riot, waving banners saying "we want Olympiakos" and then hope we get docked 3 points.

Basel would hopefully then pip us to 2nd place in the group on goal difference.
We would then drop into the Europa League with a possible chance to draw Olympiakos in the last 32 "the game to end all games" :barscarf:

Helpful ? :D :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Anyone know what the permutations are for us getting Olympiakos in the next round? That's all that's keeping me going
tough but it is possible :D

we would need to get bumholed by PSG on Wednesday night (nice easy start)
we would then have to travel to Basel and get bumholed by them. This is where it gets tricky. we would then have to start a major riot, waving banners saying "we want Olympiakos" and then hope we get docked 3 points.

Basel would hopefully then pip us to 2nd place in the group on goal difference.
We would then drop into the Europa League with a possible chance to draw Olympiakos in the last 32 "the game to end all games" :barscarf:

Helpful ? :D :wink:
:lol:

Pack the gimp masks.....we're off to Greece :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I actually think we will win this one.

Although if the standings stay the same across all groups, there is a 50-50 chance we draw one of Bayern. Real Madrid or Juventus even if we do win our group.