PNE AWAY FA CUP.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

PNE AWAY FA CUP.

Post by REB »

im expecting at least 8 changes for this game with most of the first 11 been gave a few days off.

DB10GOONER

Re: PNE AWAY FA CUP.

Post by DB10GOONER »

We could win this 5-0 or lose 3-1. Who fucking knows anymore..? :fryingpan: :duh: :roll:

It still grinds my shit that Wenger does not take this cup seriously, the cúntwank. :x :twisted: :censored:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Has Ozil taken his Winter Break again?
If not, he should play!....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:We could win this 5-0 or lose 3-1. Who fucking knows anymore..? :fryingpan: :duh: :roll:

It still grinds my shit that Wenger does not take this cup seriously, the cúntwank. :x :twisted: :censored:
It is quite astonishing really. You would think he would focus on things he can win... instead he has a half arsed attempt at the title which out of his reach and a full bore attempt at the CL which is even further out of his reach. He is delusional.... we use that word a lot, but when it comes down to what can be achieved, he really is.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:We could win this 5-0 or lose 3-1. Who fucking knows anymore..? :fryingpan: :duh: :roll:

It is quite astonishing really. You would think he would focus on things he can win... instead he has a half arsed attempt at the title which out of his reach and a full bore attempt at the CL which is even further out of his reach. He is delusional.... we use that word a lot, but when it comes down to what can be achieved, he really is.
the thing is though you can't really criticize Wenger on his FA Cup record.
lets face it he has won it more than anyone.

the lack of challenging for a PL title for 13 years though is criminal

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
xisstential wrote:

I think you can. He has been in the job longer than the vast majority of managers so of course he has won it more than most. But tbh he could have won it another 3 or 4 times and has sacrificed it openly to accommodate our pathetic efforts at chasing the European All Comers League... :|

I agree with your last sentence though. Appalling record in the PL over the last decade when you consider what he is paid, what the players are paid, the amount of times his ineptitude has blown it, and the opportunities to win it that there have been.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Wenger out

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ospina
Jenkinson/Debuchy (not sure if Debuchy is dead or not)
Gabriel
Holding
Gibbs
Ox
Ramsey
Xhaka
Walcott
Ozil (rises from his death bed)
Lucas

Think it will be something along these lines, Ramsey and Xhaka are now our only 2 fit/available central midfielders so not sure he'll play both but no idea who might play there otherwise. As long as Ospina doesn't concede 7 he should keep his place for the league games.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
xisstential wrote:

I know what you mean mate, but for me Wenger's FA Cup record is a mixed bag. As DB10 says, he should have won more and it still rankles with me how he showed such contempt for the competition over several years. Man Utd away twice, Stoke away, Blackburn home and away etc.

I don't think Wenger fully deserves the reputation he has for the FA Cup but getting an undeserved reputation for something by being selective about what gets remembered and what gets forgotten sums Wenger up.

The PL title record is far worse though I agree. By my reckoning Wenger has managed 15 seasons (out of his 20) at the club where his side hasnt put in a serious title challenge.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

98, 99, 02, 03, 04, 05, 08

Clash

Post by Clash »

highburyJD wrote:98, 99, 02, 03, 04, 05, 08
2005 we had a great side but the collapse after the 49 game run ended cost us and Chelsea won it comfortably in the end. And 2008 was the best of the Emirates era but I dont consider it a proper challenge despite an impressive 83 points because we collapsed at a crucial stage. Closing the gap at the end when it was all over gives a misleading look.

So not those 2 seasons for me but I can see why someone might make a case for them.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Still in the AKB camp I see... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sean

Post by Sean »

I can see TOF taking the piss with this cup again. Weakened side. Though I am looking forward to seeing Ospina.

We are shite, they are shite and the game will be shite 8)

If TOF doesn't throw this cup now, he'll throw it when the Be All and End All starts up again. So depressing.

It is strange how TOF doesn't really care about this cup any more, even though it pretty much guaranteed him his last extension in the eyes of the AKB. Like everything else, his longevity actually makes his achievements look worse, almost as if he shouldn't have hung around so long :roll: Three titles and six FA Cups doesn't look THAT special after 20 years. Another contract would be the nail in the coffin.

As for other title collapses - admittedly early ones - there was also 2010, 2011, 2014 and 2016. Not that we got close to taking it down to the last day though. All we had to do was keep winning, or draw against our rivals, to win those leagues as well. Instead we pissed points away left, right and centre to every Tom, Dick and Harry. This season already looks over for us.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

A fucking horrible 1-1 draw. Probably about the same as that terrible away game at Leyton Orient a few years back.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

franksav63 wrote:
Still in the AKB camp I see... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Watford at home QF last year....big disappointment and missed opportunity