Swansea City (A) | PL | Sat 14 Jan 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: Swansea City (A) | PL | Sat 14 Jan 15:00

Post by flash gunner »

We will win and the Wenger bandwagon keeps rolling :banghead: . Give the man a new contract now!!!

augie

Post by augie »

Most of the time I am hesitant to forecast an AFC win, and maybe after the debacle in the corresponding fixture last season I should be very wary, but I cannot see anything but a 3-1 or 4-1 victory. I said when they sacked bob Bradley that it doesn't matter who is managing them for the rest of the season cos they have got an absolutely shit squad, and I simply cannot see them staying up under any circumstances (and I would actually tip them to finish dead last). Fabianski, fer and ki are decent players, and Llorente could cause us a few problems at set pieces, but other than that I don't think that they have even one player that I would rate as being any higher than garbage :roll:
The only real concern I would have is re monreal - Swansea's dna seems to consistantly involve fast wingers, and of late it seems that monreal has the turning speed of a cruise ship :oops: If they play a fast tricky winger against him, expect to say plenty of monreal trying to lean across/fall in front of the winger whilst flapping his arms looking for free kicks :roll:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

a draw

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

storrmin571 wrote: Scummy pikey unwashed filthy soap dodging wanker jacks to win again
By that we can assume you are not fond of them then mate!? :D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

flash gunner wrote:We will win and the Wenger bandwagon keeps rolling :banghead: . Give the man a new contract now!!!
There it is again... that unearned confidence.

At home under a new manager......... I expect a turgid, battling, perhaps even panicky performance . About that time of year for the "leeetle beet jaded" to get it's first airing of the season as well.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Does Jefferson Montero still play for them? You know the guy you hear nothing about all season bar the home game against us where he lubes up our right back and gives us a ninety minute fisting. Looking forward to that already.

Remember Swansea were absolute gash under Bob Bradley getting hammered week in week out yet we only scraped a 3-2 win against them at our place.

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

Swans are abysmal, but I wouldn't rule out a victory for them over on their patch. We are oftentimes very shocking against them. Factor in that they are a team looking to stay up and we are the gift that keeps on giving, and it becomes inescapably clear why I'm dubious about this one.

Whichever ever way the result goes though, it won't affect my mood. Gone are the days when I'd lose my appetite over us losing or display exuberance at a win. Under the regime of TOF, I've grown terribly apathetic. I really do hope the charlatan doesn't renew and fuck off taking his legions of brain dead arselickers with him.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:Does Jefferson Montero still play for them? You know the guy you hear nothing about all season bar the home game against us where he lubes up our right back and gives us a ninety minute fisting. Looking forward to that already.

Remember Swansea were absolute gash under Bob Bradley getting hammered week in week out yet we only scraped a 3-2 win against them at our place.

thats funny but true...he does fuck all most of the season but when we come to town he plays it like a cup final.......

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Win lose or draw their fans sing better than ours. Can't wait !!. Play Ox on the right wing - tell him to pretent he's Montero & run past the full back & cross the ball in the air to Le Lampost to head it. Simple. Is The Boy Wonder fit for duty yet ?. Hope not. :barscarf: :barscarf:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
storrmin571 wrote: Scummy pikey unwashed filthy soap dodging wanker jacks to win again
By that we can assume you are not fond of them then mate!? :D
Take them or leave them really

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

In a Burning house? :wink:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

They don't have houses just rags to sleep under

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I wonder which team's fans will give Twirly Boy Aaron the most stick ?

jaymitch81

Post by jaymitch81 »

SteveO 35 wrote:I wonder which team's fans will give Twirly Boy Aaron the most stick ?
Definitely us. Not even close.

Herd

Post by Herd »

.Our only consistancy is our inconsistancy . Who knows 3-1 to us or 2-1 to them .