Swansea City (A) | PL | Sat 14 Jan 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Swansea City (A) | PL | Sat 14 Jan 15:00

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:.Our only consistancy is our inconsistancy . Who knows 3-1 to us or 2-1 to them .
^^This. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The jacks new manager Paul Clements is known to be very astute tactically, so the first thing he will put in place is not to concede - which means lots of :yawn: tippy feckin' tappy :yawn: with lots of sideways and backward passing by our players - and so we can assume/guarantee that mr flicks will be starting - tippy, tappy sideways & back pass being his forte; that and slowing any attack to a snails pace.
From the initial defensive based stance Clements will; probably about 25 to 30 minutes into the game, start pushing out & up the pitch and start chancing a goal with counter-attacks via their flanks, they have a very gifted and speedy player on the right (Barrow??) who can roast Monreal all day long.

So this will be "Oh! So entertaining (NOT!" for the AKB's with us having 75% possession, but no goals to show for it....then at some point unless Alexis or Giroud come up with the goods, they will have a few chances on goal...and take at least one of them with Peter Plank doing his usual :roll:

So there truly is every chance of this game being a not only a borefest, but a Very BIG Pile of Very Stinky Poo!. :cry: :? :banghead:

#Has the cluelesscunt fuckeddoff yet?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:The jacks new manager Paul Clements is known to be very astute tactically, so the first thing he will put in place is not to concede - which means lots of :yawn: tippy feckin' tappy :yawn: with lots of sideways and backward passing by our players - and so we can assume/guarantee that mr flicks will be starting - tippy, tappy sideways & back pass being his forte; that and slowing any attack to a snails pace.
From the initial defensive based stance Clements will; probably about 25 to 30 minutes into the game, start pushing out & up the pitch and start chancing a goal with counter-attacks via their flanks, they have a very gifted and speedy player on the right (Barrow??) who can roast Monreal all day long.

So this will be "Oh! So entertaining (NOT!" for the AKB's with us having 75% possession, but no goals to show for it....then at some point unless Alexis or Giroud come up with the goods, they will have a few chances on goal...and take at least one of them with Peter Plank doing his usual :roll:

So there truly is every chance of this game being a not only a borefest, but a Very BIG Pile of Very Stinky Poo!. :cry: :? :banghead:

Very well put OBG there is a high chance we could get a brownholing here,we are shite.

Kypie1990

Post by Kypie1990 »

OneBardGooner wrote:The jacks new manager Paul Clements is known to be very astute tactically, so the first thing he will put in place is not to concede - which means lots of :yawn: tippy feckin' tappy :yawn: with lots of sideways and backward passing by our players - and so we can assume/guarantee that mr flicks will be starting - tippy, tappy sideways & back pass being his forte; that and slowing any attack to a snails pace.

Don't get me wrong Giroud isn't the best of finishers by a long way and doesn't perform in the big games, but you have to give him credit for the last few games he's been playing well. But I do think we will struggle as when teams sit back we can't break them down.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Over the years so many teams prepare for Arsenal by changing their manager.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

ds wrote:
rodders999 wrote:We played shit at Everton and lost. We were shit at City and lost. We were shit at home to WBA and Palace but got 2 wins. We were absolute ***** at Bournemouth and drew and we were fucking putrid tonight but got the win.

So against Swansea I'm expecting nothing more than us putting in yet another shit limp dicked performance. Whether or not that will be enough to beat Swansea who are completely abysmal is anyone's guess.

There's no enjoyment in this for me anymore. Win, lose or draw what's the fucking point in the grand scheme of things for Arsene FC?

Couldn't agree more rodders999
Sadly that sums it up for me. Watching from the front row at PNE. The 1st half was one many of us couldn't believe was a Arsenal team in front of us. No passion or drive nor leadership. There's really little enjoyment. I just hope Wenger sees the light before it's to late.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

bergkamp10 wrote:
ds wrote:
rodders999 wrote:We played shit at Everton and lost. We were shit at City and lost. We were shit at home to WBA and Palace but got 2 wins. We were absolute ***** at Bournemouth and drew and we were fucking putrid tonight but got the win.

So against Swansea I'm expecting nothing more than us putting in yet another shit limp dicked performance. Whether or not that will be enough to beat Swansea who are completely abysmal is anyone's guess.

There's no enjoyment in this for me anymore. Win, lose or draw what's the fucking point in the grand scheme of things for Arsene FC?

Couldn't agree more rodders999
Sadly that sums it up for me. Watching from the front row at PNE. The 1st half was one many of us couldn't believe was a Arsenal team in front of us. No passion or drive nor leadership. There's really little enjoyment. I just hope Wenger sees the light before it's to late.
I used to be like that, mate. Staring at games thinking, "This can't be an Arsenal team I'm watching..." :shock:

Now I've gone past the tipping point and I look at them and think "Yep, same old Arsenal..." :|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I really think Welbeck can be like a new signing for us this season

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:I really think Welbeck can be like a new signing for us this season
Hopefully he can avoid becoming leetle beet jaded and not slip into the dreaded red zone... :|

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Kypie1990 wrote:

Don't get me wrong Giroud isn't the best of finishers by a long way and doesn't perform in the big games, but you have to give him credit for the last few games he's been playing well. But I do think we will struggle as when teams sit back we can't break them down.

Not quite true mate - Liverpool attacked us & won 4 - -3 & last week tiny Bournmouth did the same & were 3 - 0 up & then for some reason sat back . Our fullbacks are OK attacking but not so good doing what they are supposed to do - defend. If Swansea have a go & attack us wide they will probably score. Win - I'm not sure. Depends if our blokes decide to 'av a go this week or not. :barscarf: :barscarf:

essex_arsenal

Post by essex_arsenal »

2-0 arsenal...more papering over the cracks :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I had a bizarrely realistic dream last night. We won this 5-1. :shock: Seriously. In this dream I turned to Megan Fox and said "hey stop sucking, honey. The Arsenal are five-one up". :D

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:I had a bizarrely realistic dream last night. We won this 5-1. :shock: Seriously. In this dream I turned to Megan Fox and said "hey stop sucking, honey. The Arsenal are five-one up". :D
:D

augie

Post by augie »

For some strange reason our local schoolboy league seems to have some partnership/affiliation with Swansea football club - the league u-13 representative side have gone over there this morning, were meant to play 2 games against the Swansea academy over the weekend and will be attending the game tomorrow in the Liberty Stadium. Last season my eldest son was on the u-13 squad that went over and it was a great weekend, and I also know of a few lads from one of our rival clubs who train with the Swansea Academy who have a training camp (in Belfast I think) once a month

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:For some strange reason our local schoolboy league seems to have some partnership/affiliation with Swansea football club - the league u-13 representative side have gone over there this morning, were meant to play 2 games against the Swansea academy over the weekend and will be attending the game tomorrow in the Liberty Stadium. Last season my eldest son was on the u-13 squad that went over and it was a great weekend, and I also know of a few lads from one of our rival clubs who train with the Swansea Academy who have a training camp (in Belfast I think) once a month
Judas.

:lol: :wink: