Cazorla & BFG Contract Extensions

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kypie1990

Re: Cazorla & BFG Contract Extensions

Post by Kypie1990 »

SteveO 35 wrote:Santi worthy of a 12 month rolling deal IMO.....as for the other fanny? FFS he wasn't worthy of a 12 day contract the day we signed him !
Agree with this, Santi still has quality to offer when he's fit so that makes sense. But giving Mertersacker a new deal baffles me, I don't want him anywhere near the team!!

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I can only hope that signing the BFG is because Allergi is coming this summer and will be playing with 3 at the back....

A man can hope, can't he? :rubchin: :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:2 very sentimental contract extensions, I'm sure we'll see another once the VT has been secured :roll:
And the bizarre thing here is that we all moan about how the club is now run as a corporate business who've turned their hole to the fan base and have little regard for on field success, yet the one time you would actually like to see them make a cold, calculated business decision and offload players who no longer offer any "value" they bandy about 80 odd grand a week contracts instead. WTF.

There is no room for sentiment here, Arsenal do not owe Per Mertesaker a living. We do not need to feel bad about offloading him, we got use out of him since he joined, he made millions as a result. That's where the relationship ends, or should end, but as we've seen before Arsenal seems to be the only club that feels they need to dish out multi million pound contracts to players they 100% know have little or nothing to offer the club.

Incredible.......and then we play the poor mouth card on top of it! Jesus wept :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ConnorGeno

Post by ConnorGeno »

rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
wilko49er wrote:Santi squad player no problem.
BFG get rid off! What is the deluded one going to do make him captain again and bench one of our defenders. Suicidal!! The tall german is spent, and will offer nothing.

No point keeping a squad player that is constantly injured buddy - that 90k (minimum) per week could be better used paying a replacement that is available for selection and ready to bring something to the party
Agreed. The sad fact is that Cazorla would as useful a "squad player" as Rosicky, Peanut Head and Arteta were. We are not a charity, why pay someone 80 grand a week just to hang around the place? I'm available if that's the deal FFS!
Having Cazorla on the pitch gives us a lot more going forward than playing two defensive minded midfielders alongside eachother, and you can see that not having him in the team makes such a big difference to us. A player with his ability is someone who you can't let go.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Nobody here is questioning his ability it's his fitness, or lack of, that is the concern. He's not going to be much use to us having all that ability when he's crocked 80% of the time.....same case as we had with Rosicky.

augie

Post by augie »

ConnorGeno wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
BFG get rid off! What is the deluded one going to do make him captain again and bench one of our defenders. Suicidal!! The tall german is spent, and will offer nothing.

No point keeping a squad player that is constantly injured buddy - that 90k (minimum) per week could be better used paying a replacement that is available for selection and ready to bring something to the party
Agreed. The sad fact is that Cazorla would as useful a "squad player" as Rosicky, Peanut Head and Arteta were. We are not a charity, why pay someone 80 grand a week just to hang around the place? I'm available if that's the deal FFS!
Having Cazorla on the pitch gives us a lot more going forward than playing two defensive minded midfielders alongside eachother, and you can see that not having him in the team makes such a big difference to us. A player with his ability is someone who you can't let go.

And how much does it give us when he is in the treatment room ? He spends most of his time in there nowadays and I doubt if fans would support paying huge ticket prices to any player who is spending 90% of his time injured

ConnorGeno

Post by ConnorGeno »

augie wrote:
ConnorGeno wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

And how much does it give us when he is in the treatment room ? He spends most of his time in there nowadays and I doubt if fans would support paying huge ticket prices to any player who is spending 90% of his time injured
Eitherway we're gonna have to pay stupid ticket prices but fans want to go and watch players like Cazorla who can make outstanding plays and win us games. Yeah he's gonna be injury prone but half our team seems to get injured regularly so can say that about a lot more players than Cazorla.

augie

Post by augie »

ConnorGeno wrote:
augie wrote:
ConnorGeno wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

Eitherway we're gonna have to pay stupid ticket prices but fans want to go and watch players like Cazorla who can make outstanding plays and win us games. Yeah he's gonna be injury prone but half our team seems to get injured regularly so can say that about a lot more players than Cazorla.

And we have every single time one of our injury prone players got new deals - in fact this place frequently went into meltdown every time rosicky and diaby signed new contracts :lol:

ConnorGeno

Post by ConnorGeno »

augie wrote:
ConnorGeno wrote:
augie wrote:
ConnorGeno wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

And we have every single time one of our injury prone players got new deals - in fact this place frequently went into meltdown every time rosicky and diaby signed new contracts :lol:
Guess I'm new here and haven't got to see that yet, but if you're saying that about Santi are you gonna be saying the same about Wilshere when he comes back?

augie

Post by augie »

If wilshere comes back and is the same injury prone crock that left us a few months ago, then yes I would get rid of him. Tbf a large section of Gooners on here have wanted him sold for the last 2 or 3 seasons, for attitude and fitness issues

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

ConnorGeno wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

Firstly, welcome on board.

As for Santi, I'm a fan of his, he's a great player, superb technique and vision. But that is not of enough benefit to the team often enough because he is crocked too often. Same with Rosicky when he was here. Rosicky was one of the best technical passers of a ball I've ever seen but was out injured too often for that ability to be any use to us.

We need players that can put in a lot more than 5 or 10 games a season.... certainly for the money they are on. :|

ConnorGeno

Post by ConnorGeno »

DB10GOONER wrote:
ConnorGeno wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

As for Santi, I'm a fan of his, he's a great player, superb technique and vision. But that is not of enough benefit to the team often enough because he is crocked too often. Same with Rosicky when he was here. Rosicky was one of the best technical passers of a ball I've ever seen but was out injured too often for that ability to be any use to us.

We need players that can put in a lot more than 5 or 10 games a season.... certainly for the money they are on. :|
I do agree with that but at this point in time I can't really see any players that we can bring in that are gonna actually make an impact to our team , well any that Arsene will actually go out and spend a good amount of money on.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

ConnorGeno wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
ConnorGeno wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

I do agree with that but at this point in time I can't really see any players that we can bring in that are gonna actually make an impact to our team , well any that Arsene will actually go out and spend a good amount of money on.
And there is the crux of the issue and one of the main reasons we need Wenger gone.

ConnorGeno

Post by ConnorGeno »

DB10GOONER wrote:
ConnorGeno wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
ConnorGeno wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

And there is the crux of the issue and one of the main reasons we need Wenger gone.
Say Wenger went at the end of the season, Ozil wouldn't stay and Sanchez will probably go aswell. What manager is gonna be available to come in and attract players though?

NickF

Post by NickF »

ConnorGeno wrote:
Say Wenger went at the end of the season, Ozil wouldn't stay and Sanchez will probably go aswell. What manager is gonna be available to come in and attract players though?
Spoken like a true AKB.