Bayern Munich (A) | CL R16 | Wed 15 Feb 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Bayern Munich (A) | CL R16 | Wed 15 Feb 19:45

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:If Ozil played in goal he would shuffle out wearing Wengers coat...nice & snug :shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol:

You'd like to think though he'd at least be able to zip the fucking thing up... :roll: :lol:

Rush

Post by Rush »

DB10GOONER wrote:
xisstential wrote:If Ozil played in goal he would shuffle out wearing Wengers coat...nice & snug :shock: :shock: :shock:

You'd like to think though he'd at least be able to zip the fucking thing up... :roll: :lol:

:winner: :lol:

btw wasnt the new coat supposed to be foolproof?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rush wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

But not Wenger-proof... :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Rush wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

But not Wenger-proof... :wink:
And he wears those wooly mittens anyway, plonk Cech's turban on his head and hey ho....the final absurdity heaped onto the longsuffering fans.

rjw1985

Post by rjw1985 »

Redarmy wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
rjw1985 wrote:We are as good as PSG who just tanked Barca so that means we are going to win it surely :roll:
Do not think Bayern are as good as last time we met, but still formidable opposition ....think Robben is out also, which will help

But big concern for me is team selection of which i am not confident, would like to see Xaha and Wellbeck start...Coquelin is a poor passer of the ball

Also worried about our full backs we leave far too much space for opposing teams, Monreal is a weakness IMO

We need to start the game high tempo quick accurate passing, get some sort of hold in the game....be aggressive win the ball cleanly no cards please

Nothing would please me more than a good result.....think these players which Wenger puts so much misguided faith in are due a performance

We will see.... :roll:
Wellbeck yes please, think he could get at them at the back

Xhaka not so sure, I mean he has been a bit of a liability in his short time with us

yes hear what you are saying regards Xaha....but if he can control his sometimes reckless tackling, think i would go for him and Ox in the middle
we need to keep possession when we have it against this lot or we will suffer...badly
Personally I would go with Elneny and Ox, safer bet I feel but you could argue that Xhaka's experience of facing German teams/Bayern previously could get him the nod

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

My fear with Xhaka is he might feel he has something to prove against a German team and leave in an early marker that gets him booked and then possibly sent off about 20 minutes later... he is not the brightest lad... :|

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:My fear with Xhaka is he might feel he has something to prove against a German team and leave in an early marker that gets him booked and then possibly sent off about 20 minutes later... he is not the brightest lad... :|
Won't happen...he gets an early booking, Wenger will immediately realise the potential danger and whip him off. You see it time and time again with the man.

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

Where is everyone? Marianaplatze is dead??????

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

I remember Oxlade-Chamberlain playing a blinder in the Allianz a few years back in centre mid. I hope he starts as he has looked good recently.

Not terribly fussed about Cech not playing as he has been going down in instalments recently. I hope the GK situation is looked at again in the summer.

Let's just give ourselves a chance for the second leg, for once!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:My fear with Xhaka is he might feel he has something to prove against a German team and leave in an early marker that gets him booked and then possibly sent off about 20 minutes later... he is not the brightest lad... :|
Trouble is mate Coquelin likely to do the same....i think Xaha is a better passer of the ball, Coquelin sloppy with his passing

see that Vidal will be playing he likes to mix it up a bit...... :roll:

Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Hi guys,

There is a FREE Risk-Free £50 reward offer for tonight's game between Bayern Munich vs Arsenal at

http://www.365.bigbig.com

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

3-1 to them. Couldn't really care less about this shit.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I'm up for it tonight.
Probably Wengers last European opponents. Bring it on!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:3-1 to them. Couldn't really care less about this shit.

You can get 11-1 in paddy powers for that scoreline.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:3-1 to them. Couldn't really care less about this shit.

You can get 11-1 in paddy powers for that scoreline.
It might be worth a tenner.