Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ed Hunter The Gooner

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
General wrote:Brom press conference.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=20mqHys82lI

Notice how he's trying to redefine the terms of success and playing down top 4 finish. The man's arrogance is frightening.
Man's so arrogant and prickly that it is very hard for me to listen to him anymore. He talks on top of everybody, gives arrogant answers and overall talks mainly shit all the time. But I do like to see him squirm when asked uncomfortable questions.
I never watch...and I mean NEVER, I would throw something at the TV. If he was asked uncomfortable questions I would definitely watch...but alas...

It is criminal what the man has done to the club...we as protesters are getting pilloried, while he, the master of all this mayhem, sails serenely on :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
You are right, they hardly ask uncomfortable questions at all, but even now he seems to be on the edge. If they really pushed him that would be joy to watch.

And as General said, I also wondered what kind of maniac he is behind closed doors.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Talk, on the Beeb at least, of the last few days being "more comfortable" for TFOC after beating Lincoln. It never takes the media long to forget does it? I worry about a loss of momentum over the next two weeks with the international break, especially if we put in another flat track bully performance on Saturday.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Leyton Gooner wrote:Talk, on the Beeb at least, of the last few days being "more comfortable" for TFOC after beating Lincoln. It never takes the media long to forget does it? I worry about a loss of momentum over the next two weeks with the international break, especially if we put in another flat track bully performance on Saturday.
There are no flat track bully performances away from the Bowl. And Pulis, like a multitude of other managers, has his number. This is gonna be a grind.

And if I hear those pussy players say they are doing it for the manager, I am going to be even more pissed. Cannot do it for the fans who contribute to their outrageous lifestyles, but can do it for their "under fire" manager :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

General

Post by General »

This is why it is vital that the plane flies on Saturday to take the focus away. The journos are a little bit braver with their questions away from home unlike home games where they get all soft because they are scared of losing their press pass to the Colney.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Transferred my comment to the WBA match thread

Sean

Post by Sean »

I hope that plane flies :barscarf:

Over £2,800 raised, which is fantastic! Donations slowing up though. We need to spread the word again.

:barscarf:

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

mattyb wrote:
mattyb wrote:PLANE BANNER UPDATE - 09.40AM 14.03.2017

Please see the note below from the airline company....RE WBA Game

"The big winter storm that's about to hit New York in today's news, will start curling in our direction for the end of the week and on the long-term forecast I am seeing a 50:50 best chance on conditions being good enough to fly on Saturday. The probability will change every 24 hours as we get closer. You need to advise your crowd-sourced colleagues of this"

I will provide updates as I receive them, lets hope and see if the weather conditions improve as the week goes on....
PLANE BANNER UPDATE 10.20 17/03/2017
Due to the adverse weather conditions expected in the Birmingham area tonight and tomorrow the plane with the banner has had to be postponed. We will look at another date, time and venue in due course"

ten20

Post by ten20 »

Shit.

There's not another daytime away match now till Stoke in May (excluding Spurs)

Can they fly one over Wembley?

General

Post by General »

Jeez aren't they making the call too early? There's literally over 24hours to go and it's hard to trust these weather forecasts. Keep pushing Matt it's desperate times.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

mattyb wrote:
mattyb wrote:

"The big winter storm that's about to hit New York in today's news, will start curling in our direction for the end of the week and on the long-term forecast I am seeing a 50:50 best chance on conditions being good enough to fly on Saturday. The probability will change every 24 hours as we get closer. You need to advise your crowd-sourced colleagues of this"

I will provide updates as I receive them, lets hope and see if the weather conditions improve as the week goes on....
Due to the adverse weather conditions expected in the Birmingham area tonight and tomorrow the plane with the banner has had to be postponed. We will look at another date, time and venue in due course"
The club has paid them more than you not to fly

ten20

Post by ten20 »

flash gunner wrote:
mattyb wrote:
mattyb wrote:

The club has paid them more than you not to fly

I was just thinking this. Wankers.

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

General wrote:Jeez aren't they making the call too early? There's literally over 24hours to go and it's hard to trust these weather forecasts. Keep pushing Matt it's desperate times.
I know General, sorry mate ..if there was a way we would.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

mattyb wrote:
mattyb wrote:

Odd - the weather forecast looks fine....

West Midlands
Forecast Summary
Saturday
Saturday will be a largely cloudy and breezy day, with some outbreaks of rain, mainly in the north-west. Between outbreaks of rain there may be some bright spells.

I tend to think that indeed the Club have paid for him not to fly.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Why the fuck are you using a British firm...
Any excuse and its "All out boys"...

Should you need to create a massive impact, can I suggest Air Nippon from Japan, a lot cheaper and you only pay for
"One Way"....Tora Tora Tora..... :shock:

General

Post by General »

But how would the club find out about the flying company??