Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by augie »

markymark wrote:One thought I've had is let's claim a shirt for the anti Wenger movement. I think for a lot of us the yellow shirt is iconic with Frank Mcluntock holding up the cup. It really is a true spirit of Arsenal. For slightly younger supporters it can still have meaning from 79'. I also think it's retort to soggy old Chips and the gravy train board who claim they are custodians of the club.
Perhaps we can start crowdfunding a yellow Arsenal shirt to be worn at marches or simply to the march. I'd guess buy in large sizes so they can fit over layers.

Yellow could also signify the cowardly gutless c.unts that we have on the pitch and in the boardroom :rubchin:

Anyway I understand your thinking but I cannot see it feasible to be organized - at this stage the organisers are doing their best to get more fans to join in in the protests, and if you start telling people that they need to organize their dress code around it (and maybe buy a tallow jersey too), I suspect a lot of those fence sitters wont bother joining in

NickF

Post by NickF »

xisstential wrote:Does anybody on here know a drone operator or better still, somebody who actually has a drone?? It needs to be big enough to attach a banner and we also need to know the legalities of flying one of these things??
I looked into this, you are not allowed to fly one in a crowded area and you must maintain visually contact with it at all times. However if you are willing to dump the drone and don't get caught...

Fella apparently did this over the Emirates a few years ago and was fined.

augie

Post by augie »

Actually I'm thinking about that idea and am wondering if it would be cost effective to get a really large yellow jersey to be made up, and brought to matches and passed over the crowd like happens at many football grounds - on the jersey it could say something like Arsenal FC formed in 1886 not 1996 :rubchin: You would never get it in if it said something like wenger out or no new contract, but that might pass their requirements

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

NickF wrote:
xisstential wrote:Does anybody on here know a drone operator or better still, somebody who actually has a drone?? It needs to be big enough to attach a banner and we also need to know the legalities of flying one of these things??
I looked into this, you are not allowed to fly one in a crowded area and you must maintain visually contact with it at all times. However if you are willing to dump the drone and don't get caught...

With events yesterday at Westminster be careful with these ideas you'll end up being raided by police or worse

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
armchair wrote:There are people who dont attend Arsenal matches who use this as a reason to do nothing.

Well there is something you can do......

Get a "Wenger Out" banner, cardboard, A4 sheet, whatever and bring it to an event near you. Any event. Beyonce concert, sporting event, anywhere in the world.

Dont matter where or what. Scottish football. American football. Baseball. Tennis. Gaelic football. Hurling. Hockey. Bowls. Anywhere.

All you have to do is hold it up for couple seconds. Enough to get a few pics.
Ive seen a few of these on twitter and they cause a stir.

So off you go. No more excuses. Do your bit. :lol:
Even more simple - if someone organises a meet up/piss up of all the like minds on here who won't set foot inside that awful place, but are happy to protest outside, I'm more than happy to come along and have a few jars. Just don't expect me to protest and then give them £62 !
We could always set up a BBQ outside The Diamond level Club - so while the poshwankers choke on their Caviar we can woof down some Burgers! :barscarf:
Now that is a great idea - I'll wait till Shit for Brains' latest 2 year deal is announced and we can grill up !

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

This has to be a war of attrition also. Arsenal PLC love to post stuff on their Facebook page and Twitter account. This week it was about Bellerin's birthday and who would win the battle of Ox and Mustafi in Dortmund. For the latter there was three options, Ox win, Mustafi win or draw. I asked for a "fourth option -as fourth is always acceptable at our club " For Bellerin's birthday I asked the club to send their birthday wishes in Spanish as Barca or Real will be delighted to so so next year.
If there is any doubt to the actual depth of feeling towards the new contract ,the comments on these platforms will leave the club (if they care) that the majority are against.
Maybe a coordinated attack on the club's social media platforms would be a good idea, a uniformed reply to all their posts.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bradywasking wrote:This has to be a war of attrition also. Arsenal PLC love to post stuff on their Facebook page and Twitter account. This week it was about Bellerin's birthday and who would win the battle of Ox and Mustafi in Dortmund. For the latter there was three options, Ox win, Mustafi win or draw. I asked for a "fourth option -as fourth is always acceptable at our club " For Bellerin's birthday I asked the club to send their birthday wishes in Spanish as Barca or Real will be delighted to so so next year.
If there is any doubt to the actual depth of feeling towards the new contract ,the comments on these platforms will leave the club (if they care) that the majority are against.
Maybe a coordinated attack on the club's social media platforms would be a good idea, a uniformed reply to all their posts.

Until recently, I avoided all of Arsenal's social media stuff because is mostly shit propaganda but in the last few weeks, I've been all over their Facebook page writing sarky comments and taking the piss out of anything and everything they put up. I always end every post with Wenger out or No new Contract. It's becoming quite the game now and loads of others seem to be doing it too. I'd say that 80-90% of what is commented upon is critical of Wanker and the club. I'm all for a concerted push on their social media.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
NickF wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:I've had a crack at a first draft of a leaflet, if anyone is interested in looking at it, improving on it and/or taking it forward re design and production pm me. The reverse would be "Wenger Out" (white lettering on red) which we'll encourage people to hold up in unison.....
Red card for le bulbeye 8) held aloft in the 13th minute for 13yrs without a title challenge 8)
Whilst that maybe a great idea, it didn't work for the "time for change" as anyone who didn't like it shouted TO1AW whether they believed it or not.
I would seriously reconsider this. If you going to hold Anti-Wenger stuff up do it at the end of the game or at the point where there is no chance of winning.

I'm afraid I couldn't disagree more with this analysis.

Firstly, the "Time for change" protest was too vague - it should have focused squarely on Wenger, and Wenger alone.

Secondly, the mood has shifted dramatically against Wenger since last April. While some of the sheep inside the stadium may still not be arsed enough to actually join in a protest, far fewer of them now see anything worth defending about its object.

Thirdly, and most crucially, we need to take the gamble. The clock is ticking, and if nothing much happens inside the Arsenal stadium (they are less concerned about the away support who generate marginal income for the club) that will be taken as assent for the one-year compromise deal. The Man City game may be the last chance we have to show the club just how many people who buy (or loan out) season tickets want change before the die is cast. Doing nothing or worrying about when we do it for fear of an AKB response - real or imagined - is not an option to us, frankly.
One of the problems last year was also that initially one or two of the most "high profile" protesters were talking to the media and came across quite well... but then they turned into wannabe mini-celebrities and social media whores and I think that diluted the protest as well as turned quite a few waverers away. It gave the media mutts and pundits the ammo to ridicule the protest. It also shat all over the initial good work done by a few Gooners that were genuinely protesting and had no interest in becoming online sensations - a few of whom were Gooners from this forum that did brilliant work protesting, often in the face of ridicule, threats and even actual violence.

This year the wannabe-celebrity thing is not an issue thank God. The current protest leaders are decisive, humble, very motivated, and are doing a fantastic job.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dear Gooners,

may I suggest for the good of all and especially for those of us who want Wenger GONE, if anyone has an idea; Not just for laughs on here, but a serious bona fide idea that they honestly feel is feasible Financially, Logistically, Legally etc that rather than put on here or any other public forums that they PM or e-mail them to one of the guys who are organising and working their bollocks off doing everything; btw don't include me in that not because I don't want to help, but simply because I am out of the loop due to personal matters at the moment.

Let's keep the clubcun.ts guessing. :barscarf: :box:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

flash gunner wrote:
NickF wrote:

With events yesterday at Westminster be careful with these ideas you'll end up being raided by police or worse
I haven't done anything, we are exploring options. We are still allowed to question the legality of things are we not??

Another thought I had yesterday was perhaps get Amazon to drone deliver him a Wenger Out Banner during the WH game??

mzk90

Post by mzk90 »

NickF wrote:

I believe visual contact includes if it has a camera attached, so you can see where you are flying. Found a guy on a drone forum who may be interested, he does risky flights for the "notoriety".

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

mzk90 wrote:
NickF wrote:

I believe visual contact includes if it has a camera attached, so you can see where you are flying. Found a guy on a drone forum who may be interested, he does risky flights for the "notoriety".

I will stump up £200 quid to put towards a fine if its happens....to see this will be money well spent .. . :D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

mzk90 wrote:
NickF wrote:

Thing is if it's not legal he is going to have to stay anonymous so where is the notoriety for him?? Also we don't want to really get involved in stuff that's a bit dodgy and especially not if it's illegal. I don't really know what ALL the laws are regarding drones but I would love that to be an option. Thoughts??

Or maybe we contact the club and ask their permission to fly a drone over in order to harass their manager.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

whats the situation with disrupting the match ?

Bayern Munich did it with their toilet rolls and a Turkish team did it recently at the Emirates too with flares.

is there a fine for that sort of thing or is there just more leniency for away supporters ?

General

Post by General »

We were charged for the pitch invasion against Bayern. I believe the standard penalty is a fine of some sort by wafa.