Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Wenger Out protest thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

NickF wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:50 pm
g88ner wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:15 pm
How much is left in the kitty?

A banner thanking wenger ready for the Burnley game would be a nice touch if there's enough money. 8)
I prefer it we didn't. Whilst I appreciate what he did in the early years I cannot forgive him for wasting our time/money even when it was evident to everyone he was well passed his best. But he biggest crime was making people walk away from the Arsenal and making them not care if we win, lose or draw.

If there is money left over I would prefer it went to charity, possibly the Arsenal Foundation or the Willow Foundation.
Exactly

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

g88ner wrote:

A banner thanking wenger ready for the Burnley game would be a nice touch if there's enough money. 8)
“Thanks for fucking off at last (even though it almost certainly wasn’t your choice)” has a nice ring to it.

On a serious note, I’m not encouraging anything like that as it serves no purpose and I’ll just stay away from the inevitable sycophantic bollocks to come, but it does amaze me how there was universal agreement that he had missed the right to this sort of fanfare with the farce of the last few years yet a lot of people seem to have flip-flopped on this.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Well done to the 20,000 - 30,000 who consistently didn't show up over the past couple of months. A more effective protest and one which caused more board reaction and media reaction than any march or banner ever could. A few years too late, but at least it eventually happened. To my mind the half full stadium is the only reason why this decision on Wenger came now. If there had still been 57000 window lickers turning up and a few mild protests he'd still be here

Sean

Post by Sean »

Here's hoping we could protest against Wiggy if/when they fuck up appointing the new manager. If not, I'd be in favour of donating the funds to Arsenal in the Community, or something similar. I also still have the No New Contract banner, which has served it's purpose.

I have to agree that suddenly being supportive of him and thankful reeks of hypocrisy, after all that we have been through. People should stay away from the final league games, so his send-off is a wet fart in comparison to what it could have been a decade ago. He burned his own bridges a long time ago and took a lot of money in wages that was undeserved with the lack of European trophies and the lack of league titles after 2004. This is only the beginning of the recovery and it could still be fucked up if they appoint the wrong man.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
g88ner wrote:

I prefer it we didn't. Whilst I appreciate what he did in the early years I cannot forgive him for wasting our time/money even when it was evident to everyone he was well passed his best. But he biggest crime was making people walk away from the Arsenal and making them not care if we win, lose or draw.

If there is money left over I would prefer it went to charity, possibly the Arsenal Foundation or the Willow Foundation.
I agree with Nick. I don't hate Wenger but he is single handedly responsible for historically the most toxic split in our fanbase and for taking us backward through massaging his own ego. The Willow Foundation would be a good one as it was set up by Legend and true gent Bob Wilson to honour his beloved daughter who died way too young.

Clash

Post by Clash »

g88ner wrote:

Really mate? Don't you think he has been thanked more than enough already?

I say fuck him! Or at the very least, ignore him!

Hope in his last game there are still thousands of empty seats. That is is true legacy. Apathy and disinterest.

I understand there is a massive amount of relief at the moment and with that comes a lot of gushing and very selective memories. It is like the lavish praise of someone at their funeral. But lets not forget what Wenger truly is and what he has done to our club.

For anyone who wants to get sentimental ... just remember Wenger giving Dennis Bergkamp 1 year deals and hauling Pires off in the 2006 CL final.

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:49 am
NickF wrote:
g88ner wrote:

I agree with Nick. I don't hate Wenger but he is single handedly responsible for historically the most toxic split in our fanbase and for taking us backward through massaging his own ego. The Willow Foundation would be a good one as it was set up by Legend and true gent Bob Wilson to honour his beloved daughter who died way too young.
Well said mate. And Nick too !

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

NickF wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Either that or we save it for the ongoing Kroenke Out campaign which should have more prominence now.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:34 am
Well done to the 20,000 - 30,000 who consistently didn't show up over the past couple of months. A more effective protest and one which caused more board reaction and media reaction than any march or banner ever could. A few years too late, but at least it eventually happened. To my mind the half full stadium is the only reason why this decision on Wenger came now. If there had still been 57000 window lickers turning up and a few mild protests he'd still be here
Has season ticket renewal time come yet ?

Perhaps a very very slow uptake coupled with the empty seats tipped the balance ?

My pennyworth re kitty money left, happy for it to go to an Arsenal related charity, or hold for future use re Kronke.

A very sincere thank you to all who organised, put in their time and effort, it helped, it was noticed, it got press coverage and eventuallly it worked. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:11 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:34 am
Has season ticket renewal time come yet ?

Perhaps a very very slow uptake coupled with the empty seats tipped the balance ?

My pennyworth re kitty money left, happy for it to go to an Arsenal related charity, or hold for future use re Kronke.

A very sincere thank you to all who organised, put in their time and effort, it helped, it was noticed, it got press coverage and eventuallly it worked. :barscarf: :barscarf:

No mate the begging emails haven't come out yet but I bet they'll be a lot more cocky now. I do wonder if there has been an increased apathy among the corporate hospitality brigade (packages were taking much longer than usual to sell out) which coupled with the empty seats and JK coming across the pond for a visit did the trick. It is a fucking disgrace that change has basically come as a result of dodgy weather after we got humped by citeh at Wembley rather than fan protest but we'll take it. Haven't decided whether I can put up with the likely pro-TOF bullshit tomorrow - I may just sit it out til the end of the season. Although I will go on Thursday cos I want to get a look at AM first hand :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Having given it some further thought how about a “Thank you Josh” banner being made ?

I’m assuming that during JK’s 3 months looking at all aspects of the club Gazidis managed to bend his ear, coupled with poor results, shit attendances and Josh fed back to Wiggy ?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:49 am
NickF wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Exactly
Perfect. "Thanks for finally fucking off, Arsene."

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

When he actually walks out of the door for the last time...can we then Lock this down, but leave it in the basement or something, so that should any fuckker be dumb enough to come on here and praise the OldFool after his departure...we can direct them to this thread and how he will be remembered for some good reasons and for quite a number of Bad Things.

#goodbyewenger :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I agree with you boys/girls, when an egotistical persona actually makes you not give a fuck about the club as a whole, then he has the audacity to finally have a dig at the split in the fan base, when he was the c'unt that caused the split, and to top it all off he threatens to reveal all in his book to follow at some stage!

I hope decent upstanding fans do not purchase the book and fucking advise them not to bring it anywhere near the ground, so much is my hatred of this c'unt, he has caused more harm than good, as we will have to start from scratch, and also has the cheek to say that he always had the good of the club in mind....

If you did you lying bastard you would have gone years ago and at least handed over a reasonable squad to another decent fellow!
But alas no, you squeezed as much cash for your retirement and had to be sacked, albeit you say you were allowed to go....

This shall be my last post on that score, notice I do not even mention that name....

Cannot wait to take my seat in 2018/19 with you all and have a good skinful!.... :barscarf: :cheers:
The Arsenal

shu

Post by shu »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:49 am
NickF wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Exactly
If any is left you should have a night out for those that were at the forefront of the out campaign. Those who attended and are known to others to have attended.