The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Justinsaid

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Justinsaid »

If we swap Sanchez for Mahrez im going to be absolutely devastated.

He's just not in the same class, and that's being polite!

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

Of course we might get Mahrez for the right wing, Sanchez stays on the left wing, and we get a top, top centre forward in, with Giroud as back-up.

Ozil as a Nr. 10, and then a World Class goalkeeper and Centre-back to sort out the defence, and a left wingback and a right wingback just for cover.

We might...

EDIT: Oh, and Walcott to Liverpool for £70m...
:barscarf:

We might...

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:23 pm
Of course we might get Mahrez for the right wing, Sanchez stays on the left wing, and we get a top, top centre forward in, with Giroud as back-up.

Ozil as a Nr. 10, and then a World Class goalkeeper and Centre-back to sort out the defence, and a left wingback and a right wingback just for cover.

We might...

EDIT: Oh, and Walcott to Liverpool for £70m...
:barscarf:

We might...
Medication time mate

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Last summer I would have happily signed Marhez and offloaded Ox or Walcott, not so sure that it's so cut and dried this summer.

Ox has stepped up, Mahrez has stepped down ,while Walcott has stepped in dogshit and walked it all over the carpet

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:02 pm
Last summer I would have happily signed Marhez and offloaded Ox or Walcott, not so sure that it's so cut and dried this summer.

Ox has stepped up, Mahrez has stepped down ,while Walcott has stepped in dogshit and walked it all over the carpet

:lol: :lol: I hope it was the carpet in Wenger's office. Probably explains why Theo has been relegated to the bench.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The Frenchman told beIN Sports: “We have not made a bid for him but personally I like the player, yes.

“I think he had a huge impact at Leicester when they won the championship, like everybody else.

“It’s been a different season this year but it doesn’t take anything away from his qualities.

“Have we made a bid for him? No. Not yet. Not yet means it could happen, it could not happen.”

More BS, A$$ covering, doublespeak from the master of spin.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:04 am
The Frenchman told beIN Sports: “We have not made a bid for him but personally I like the player, yes.

“I think he had a huge impact at Leicester when they won the championship, like everybody else.

“It’s been a different season this year but it doesn’t take anything away from his qualities.

“Have we made a bid for him? No. Not yet. Not yet means it could happen, it could not happen.”

said the same about Kante last year....

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:38 pm

Medication time mate
I actually took my medication 2 hours before I wrote that post! :wink:

It's sadly worn off now...

We will spend £100m and we will slip even further behind.
That is all!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Actually think we may get Turan, even though Wenger is now arguing over the price and will haggle for another month

Not sure if its a good signing though.......would have looked elsewhere myself but then i have not been in football over 30 Years!

RobG

Post by RobG »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:10 pm
Actually think we may get Turan, even though Wenger is now arguing over the price and will haggle for another month

Not sure if its a good signing though.......would have looked elsewhere myself but then i have not been in football over 30 Years!
He was good at Athlitico. But that was two years ago and he was being coached by Simone. Not Wengo.

This whole thread hinges on Sanchez. If he opts out, there's no comparable replacement available and anyone coming in, is a downgrade.

Last year - fifth was the new fourth.

This coming year - Sixth is the new fifth.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

If its 2 max of 3 players coming in...already have the free transfer coming in, and likely Turan will sign, maybe one other addition?

Lets hope Sanchez stays, although Giroud reported as telling Wenger not to sign another striker

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:02 pm

:D :D :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:04 am

Don't know why we follow such a silly old man, whatever comes out of his trap is just pure and utter bullshit, probably still getting over his luck at getting another two years towards his Diamond level pension...
Has not done bad at all for a football fraud of the highest order...
A total ban of anything Wengeresque on this forum would be great, coz I don't know about you but he fucking does not represent me the lying leech ..

Herd

Post by Herd »

I love the offer 90 mill when they allready rejected a bid of 100 million ,thats sooooooooooooo wenger and of course he's done it before !

I'm renewing this week but |||||||I've sold themfor this season ,I'm done with football for now can't waste time,we all know how it's going to end don't we !!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I see The Ox has turned down Liverpool and is set to sign a "Bumper new contract" at Arsenal. Woo hoo,there''s one of our BIG summer signings.

This is what he'll do now,get nobody worthwhile in then try and build the title tilters around Ramsey,Ox and Giroud....Arsene knows :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Chamberlain probably cannot bear to be separated from his Little Mix filly