The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by NickF »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:01 am
Honestly, you buggers, you're all so negative. It was a catalyst for change don't you know
According to The Times, Wenger is being allowed to retain all his backroom staff.
Quite what this "catalyst for change" Gazidis mentioned is a complete mystery.

In other news, Everton have had a 30m accepted for Pickford and Greizmann has extended his contract until 2022.
On the Arsenal front, it is business as usual - nothing to see here.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

NickF wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:20 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Honestly, you buggers, you're all so negative. It was a catalyst for change don't you know
According to The Times, Wenger is being allowed to retain all his backroom staff.

In other news, Everton have had a 30m accepted for Pickford and Greizmann has extended his contract until 2022.
You mean we haven't signed Lacazette,Naymar,Messi,Costa,and De Bruyne yet?! :shock: :D

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:35 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Gazidis was told by AW it must change or he's out.........
Fixed :D

Gazidis has been well and truly put back in his box by Wanka and Wiggy

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal are expected to make a new appointment to their backroom staff this summer but have scrapped the appointment of a director of football after resistance from manager Arsene Wenger. (Evening Standard)

Same Old Groundhog situation then. :roll: :banghead:

Transfer news - previous update (09:00 BST)

Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, fears the Gunners will block him moving to Manchester City - leaving Bayern Munich as the Chile international's only option. (Mirror)

Aaaaah! Sooo We are selling him then - And to think ole wengercunt said that he was staying... :banghead:

The Gunners have been told to pay 55m euros (£48.7m) plus 12m euros (£10.6m) in add-ons if they want to sign Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette, 26. (Daily Telegraph) 

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: Yeah Right as if... :suicide:

#PLEASEFUCKOFFWENGERYOUCUNT.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:43 am
NickF wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:20 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:

You mean we haven't signed Lacazette,Naymar,Messi,Costa,and De Bruyne yet?! :shock: :D
Not even for the Virtual (Aka: Non-existent) squad.

mariad

Post by mariad »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:04 pm
mariad wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:55 am
This is sad life we don't always get what we want.
Under Wenger's Management We Do Not Even get What We Need.

cue: Rolling Stones. :cry:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: true that

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Renewals deadline passed, and its all gone quiet on the bullshit front. quelle surprise...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

meanwhile the scumbags are ramping up the penny pinching.......

David Ospina, who had been on the verge of a move to Fenerbahce, may now have to find another club as Arsenal raised the price of sale. Ospina has agreed personal terms with Fenerbahce, and a move worth £3m was set to go through. According to ASpor, via Sport Witness, Arsenal raised their asking fee, and Fenerbahce will now look to sign Malaga goalkeeper Carlos Kameni.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:06 pm

David Ospina, who had been on the verge of a move to Fenerbahce, may now have to find another club as Arsenal raised the price of sale. Ospina has agreed personal terms with Fenerbahce, and a move worth £3m was set to go through. According to ASpor, via Sport Witness, Arsenal raised their asking fee, and Fenerbahce will now look to sign Malaga goalkeeper Carlos Kameni.
We should keep Ospina and get rid of Cech.Let him fill his pension pot somewhere else. :banghead:

RobG

Post by RobG »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
This probably should go elsewhere but sod it ! If Wenger can do what he likes, I'll stick my two penneth in.

All Wengo's wanky, useless backroom staff are staying on for two more years of freebies and piss water :banghead: :censored:

No change there at all.

So another 24 months - at least - of Bould humiliating himself with his gargoyle impersonation. Two more years of
'Mystery Man' Boro Primorac, who makes Banquo's Ghost look effective. Two more years of the same tripe, failure and
garbage, with no additional thinking from any direction.

I disliked Ferguson intensely. But I can and will now salute his willingness to learn, to change to improvise and to keep winning
titles right up to the end. He was a miserable old beetroot faced bastard. But I can at least commend him as winner who moved
with the times, as well as making the football weather.

And what have we got ? :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

If I was Sancez I'd tell my agent to start checking the housing stock in Munich right now.

Catalyst for Change :censored: :cussing: Gazedis you toady :banghead: :banghead:

Thank God I no longer pay a penny into this fiasco.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

RobG wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:11 pm
Eboue-Why? wrote:
This probably should go elsewhere but sod it ! If Wenger can do what he likes, I'll stick my two penneth in.

All Wengo's wanky, useless backroom staff are staying on for two more years of freebies and piss water :banghead: :censored:

No change there at all.

So another 24 months - at least - of Bould humiliating himself with his gargoyle impersonation. Two more years of
'Mystery Man' Boro Primorac, who makes Banquo's Ghost look effective. Two more years of the same tripe, failure and
garbage, with no additional thinking from any direction.

I disliked Ferguson intensely. But I can and will now salute his willingness to learn, to change to improvise and to keep winning
titles right up to the end. He was a miserable old beetroot faced bastard. But I can at least commend him as winner who moved
with the times, as well as making the football weather.

And what have we got ? :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

If I was Sancez I'd tell my agent to start checking the housing stock in Munich right now.

Catalyst for Change :censored: :cussing: Gazedis you toady :banghead: :banghead:

Thank God I no longer pay a penny into this fiasco.

spot on there fella....

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:

So our standard practise is to drop our offer at the last minute in the hope of getting a bargain when we are trying to buy someone - now some bright spark has thought about raising our selling price too :barscarf:

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

Mbappe and Giroud start for France versus England
In a sick, twisted sort of way I am looking forward to watching them play together.
Kane and Alli starting as well, so interesting to compare and contrast.

Ox starting as well, Kos a sub. Ousmane Dembélé, Nr. 11 for France. Barca allegedly want him for €90m.
Lacazette on the bench for France, as is Tolisso, another one of our targets, although looks like he's going to Bayern.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:09 pm
Redarmy wrote:

We should keep Ospina and get rid of Cech.Let him fill his pension pot somewhere else. :banghead:
:high5: yeah fuckoff petetheplank. :banghead:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:49 pm
Mbappe and Giroud start for France versus England
In a sick, twisted sort of way I am looking forward to watching them play together.
Kane and Alli starting as well, so interesting to compare and contrast.

Ox starting as well, Kos a sub. Ousmane Dembélé, Nr. 11 for France. Barca allegedly want him for €90m.
Lacazette on the bench for France, as is Tolisso, another one of our targets, although looks like he's going to Bayern.
Dembele and Mbappe are the real deal.