The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: Not even bothering to get interested in any way shape or form. Why? Because Wenger is still in charge and so NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

:yawn: :goingtobed:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Jog on nothing to see here

MrT

Post by MrT »

One bit of good news, West Ham are trying to sign donkey Giroud.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

I think we should make a move for Iheanacho. I've always been impressed when i've seen him play for City. If rumours about Sanchez going to City we should be trying to get a deal involving this lad.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Losing Sanchez, particularly if he stays in the PL will be the sickest I've felt since Brady going.
Thanks Mr 30 years, you're making my twilight years very miserable

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Rosie_titters wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:08 pm
I think we should make a move for Iheanacho. I've always been impressed when i've seen him play for City. If rumours about Sanchez going to City we should be trying to get a deal involving this lad.
Aguero is the one we should go for imo.

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:09 pm
Losing Sanchez, particularly if he stays in the PL will be the sickest I've felt since Brady going.
Thanks Mr 30 years, you're making my twilight years very miserable
Feel exactly the same - thinking the other day when news of Sanchez's departure to City is made public it may just see me 'try' not to bother with them this season (after 45 years) In the past couple seasons Sanchez has provided us with a massive foundation upon which to build a team who can seriously challenge for the title. Nah lets let him go, as before' to a so called rival. Bloody depressing :twisted:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I think Mbappe turning us down last year before anyone knew him proves that no good player wants to come to Arsenal.
In the future a new Manager might change that but our reputation is damaged by poor results in Europe and at home and a terrible shite negotiating team who are still at the clubs eh Mr Chips.
Our best player wants to go to City and will be replaced by the very average Mahrez. Mark my words.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:54 am
I think Mbappe turning us down last year before anyone knew him proves that no good player wants to come to Arsenal.
In the future a new Manager might change that but our reputation is damaged by poor results in Europe and at home and a terrible shite negotiating team who are still at the clubs eh Mr Chips.
Our best player wants to go to City and will be replaced by the very average Mahrez. Mark my words.
Think Mahrez will only come if he does not get a better offer....not sure he wants to go to Arsenal and i am not too bothered either

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Yeah our continued rapings by the better teams in Europe has removed any pulling power Wenger had over players, if he can't even convince the best young players from his native country to come anymore then he is finished.

Lacazette and Mahrez are the best we can attract these days and I'm not convinced about either of them, the biggest clubs in Europe aren't in for them which tells you all about their level I feel.

Kroenke is happy with this though and so it seems are many gooners, I think if we sold Sanchez but got these two the majority of the fan base would just accept it and be happy.

R.I.P Arsenal

Also rans until the two stooges (SK & AW) f*ck off.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Still rummaging in the oddbins at the sales !

Catalyst for change my Arse-nal

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Another player to add to the world beating Arsenal virtual 11. We will have a complete squad of "nearly signings" soon. Pretty impressive.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:28 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Another player to add to the world beating Arsenal virtual 11. We will have a complete squad of "nearly signings" soon. Pretty impressive.
Nearly you say.......there's a whole squad already mate! Must be difficult keeping all those virtuals happy though eh? I mean are you going to drop Suarez or Messi for Mbappe? I suppose you could play all 3 with Kante holding things together

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/a ... r3z-addoor

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

isn't it amazing to think that back in 1995 when Arsenal "apparently" had far less global appeal and standing in the game and had just finished 12th in the Premier League that a new Arsenal manager was able to buy Dennis Bergkamp - one of the truly world class players of his generation.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:42 pm
isn't it amazing to think that back in 1995 when Arsenal "apparently" had far less global appeal and standing in the game and had just finished 12th in the Premier League that a new Arsenal manager was able to buy Dennis Bergkamp - one of the truly world class players of his generation.
truth is we were always a big club despite what wenger and his brain dead disciples think,its the CL that has slightly twisted peoples perception of certain clubs based on the fact that clubs like us werent playing in the CL or European cup every season purely because pre 98 it was champions only,pre CL if you talked about 'big' clubs it was Real Madrid,Barcelona and I hate to sat it Man utd,after that everybody else was in the same boat pretty much,now anybody playing regulary in the CL is a big club but we were big waaaaay before that