The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Sean wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:07 pm
Why do you do it to yourselves? After 13 years of false dawns, punts (or cúnts) and moneyball signings, we are hardly going to make any - or enough - title-winning signings :(

:suicide:
Exactly same old same old we're the next lpool in the pl, expensive average signings that will keep us 5th or 6th :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:43 pm
Sean wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:07 pm
Why do you do it to yourselves? After 13 years of false dawns, punts (or cúnts) and moneyball signings, we are hardly going to make any - or enough - title-winning signings :(

:suicide:
Exactly same old same old we're the next lpool in the pl, expensive average signings that will keep us 5th or 6th :roll:
Yeah and guess what?, they have Amercian owner as well, not a coincidence.. :roll:

United were successful inspite of the Glazer's only because they were so massive financially thanks to their hordes of glory hunters.

Basically if you get a yank owner then kiss goodbye to any ambition, they are only in it for the money.

Dudeface

Post by Dudeface »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:45 am
TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:11 am
People are having a go at Sanchez for not being loyal?? FFS :banghead:

He's Chilean, it's not Carl Jenkinson we're talking about! Saying Sanchez is disloyal is like saying Walcott or Ramsey are loyal! Get a grip!!

He came to Arsenal on a good contract and he's delivered. He bought Passion, determination, fight, hunger and an awful lot of skill not to mention a winning mentality. Sanchez has delivered, he got people out of their seats, he won matches single handed, like Henry did and like Wrighty did before him. He's carried a very average performing team on many occasions. He's one of the top 5 attacking players in world football and we've been VERY fortunate to have had him in an Arsenal shirt for a while.

Sanchez can see what Arsenal are, they are a big club with a small time management team. Kroenke, Wonga and Gazidis would be fantastic at Southampton with their mediocre ambition, mediocre signings and even more mediocre commercial team, delivering mid table performance. I don't blame Sanchez at all. He is a winner and he won't be wasting his career at a club on a downward spiral with NO HOPE whatsoever of winning anything major. Fuck the cup, any half decent team can win a cup with a bit of luck (and a fortunate draw like we had). Jesus, even Man U won two cups with the shittest United squad for 30 odd years!!

Sanchez has been great for Arsenal.
I know its easy to say this after the horse has bolted but I really think his attitude sucks. I can't ever remember Sanchez acknowledging a standing ovation from us either at home or away. Regardless of whether he should show loyalty to the club, the least he could do is acknowledge fans who have made him a very rich young man. There was a time when no footballer was bigger than the club, clearly that is no longer the case.

I felt sorry for Bellerin when he took a load of flack at Palace, and to be fair he got his head down and worked hard. I have a lot more time for people like Bellerin than Sanchez, the way you carry yourself as a footballer is very important. If the fans can't identify with you then how can you expect them to back you when things get tough. Sanchez got away with a lot in the second half of the season.
You can't blame a player who wants to win and was promised to win, for wanting it leave when it becomes clear that his team can't win. If anything, arsenal haven't been loyal to him. He has given everything and won matches on his own. What have arsenal given him? A good wage yeah but he can get that anywhere. Trophies, the fa cup which doesn't mean much nowadays. What they have given him is a false promise that they will compete. They have taken him down a level into Europa where he would be playing CL if he was anywhere else.

If my work offered so much and I gave so much but they produced so little, with a shit manager.... I'd be down the road.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal are preparing a stunning £125m bid for Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe, 18, in an attempt to beat Real Madrid to his signature. (Mirror)

:roll:

:yawn:

:goingtobed:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:13 pm
Arsenal are preparing a stunning £125m bid for Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe, 18, in an attempt to beat Real Madrid to his signature. (Mirror)

:roll:

:yawn:

:goingtobed:
Haha yeah right, we are haggling over a £45-50M deal for Lacazette to save $$$, the only possible way I could see us getting Mbappe is if we bought him then sold Sanchez afterwards, though I think the board would not want to 'risk' having both of them at the club and not collecting a hefty fee back for Sanchez, I'd say the odds are about 20/1 (being optimistic!) and if it means we lose Sanchez in the process are we really any further forward apart from reducing our average age?. :banghead:

Bayern seem to be back in the picture for Sanchez so I wouldn't be surprised if just this once the board sold him for less than they could get from City, just so they don't have to face the music so much, still means we've swapped him for Lacazette though which is certainly a downgrade, they better have a couple more good signings up their sleeve beyond Lacazette, I won't hold my breath though, we can't really sign anyone else in addition at the moment because of all the overpaid deadwood we have in the squad (thanks AW).

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I know the Sanchez situation is the main one needing resolved but strikers are hardly the only holes in our squad right now but we're not seeing much else happening :rubchin:

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:53 am
http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/62671

With idiots like this it's no wonder we are where we are.. :roll:

I bet this lot were the one's holding the "Hate Usmanov" banners back in 2007. :banghead:
I read it all, and the comments.
The people who write this are lacking in any personality whatsoever. Not funny in the slightest. :|

The only comment that was slightly amusing was the one by 'Monty Pythons left hand', but instead of the punchline at the end to win everyone over, he also managed to shoot himself in the foot with the final two lines...
“Yes that goes without saying, but what has he done in the last 10 years”
“Won the FA Cup 3 times?”
...just gifting the Wenger Out team the win with an open goal at the end of 90 minutes of bland, boring football.

Very, very sad.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:11 am
I know the Sanchez situation is the main one needing resolved but strikers are hardly the only holes in our squad right now but we're not seeing much else happening :rubchin:
Exactly as I see it. Lets face it - Sanchez is going, and Joe L'Average is arriving from Lyon after we've finally agreed the number of pence at the end of the transfer fee in about 10 weeks time.

There is more chance of plaiting fog than there is signing Mbappe, but even if by some miracle we did what would be the sodding point when we've still Twirly and lead boots Xhaka as first choice midfielders, the Chavski Plank diving in instalments another year slower, and a back line of 'nice lads' who can still be roughed up when the going gets tough

I said before, Wenger could have Suarez and Messi in his first team and still find a way to finish 4th

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:22 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Exactly as I see it. Lets face it - Sanchez is going, and Joe L'Average is arriving from Lyon after we've finally agreed the number of pence at the end of the transfer fee in about 10 weeks time.

There is more chance of plaiting fog than there is signing Mbappe, but even if by some miracle we did what would be the sodding point when we've still Twirly and lead boots Xhaka as first choice midfielders, the Chavski Plank diving in instalments another year slower, and a back line of 'nice lads' who can still be roughed up when the going gets tough

I said before, Wenger could have Suarez and Messi in his first team and still find a way to finish 4th
I'd say personnel is far less important, than it was a few years ago. Any top team needs world class players, but if tactically you aren't right, then you can forget about it. With clueless in charge, he will push Lacazette out to the wing, in order to accommodate Giroud. Imagine Wenger winning a PL, with Victor Moses as a starter.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

another one for the virtual team.....

But today it has been revealed by a French agent, Gilles Favard, that Wenger was in talks with Caen for both Thomas Lemar and N’Golo Kante at a bargain price, but finally decided not to go through with the purchase.

Favard was quoted as saying, “We all know the story.

“Two years ago he [Wenger] had a deal for Thomas Lemar and N’Golo Kante for €15m [£12.6m].”
Then Wenger said no

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jean-Michel Aulas has denied reports Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette is in London to undergo a medical and indicated the Gunners have not met Lyon's asking price for the striker.
According to French publication Le Progres, the 26-year-old centre-forward has arrived in England prior to finalising a switch to Emirates Stadium.
Writing on Twitter, the Lyon president described the story as "false" and claimed Arsenal's initial offer was below the Ligue 1 club's valuation of their star attacker.
Aulas has previously said the Premier League side must part with €65million to prise Lacazette away from Parc Olympique Lyonnais.

Not a done deal yet, and with Wenger pulling the strings penny pinching expected right down to the wire.....

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:56 pm
Jean-Michel Aulas has denied reports Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette is in London to undergo a medical and indicated the Gunners have not met Lyon's asking price for the striker.
According to French publication Le Progres, the 26-year-old centre-forward has arrived in England prior to finalising a switch to Emirates Stadium.
Writing on Twitter, the Lyon president described the story as "false" and claimed Arsenal's initial offer was below the Ligue 1 club's valuation of their star attacker.
Aulas has previously said the Premier League side must part with €65million to prise Lacazette away from Parc Olympique Lyonnais.

Not a done deal yet, and with Wenger pulling the strings penny pinching expected right down to the wire.....
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... enal-move/

Conflicting information.

Lacazette is now 1.05 with skybet to complete the transfer. As I said before anyone who doesn't think it will happen can always lay the bet off on Betfair Exchange if the market is available. Bookies are right more often than not at these short odds.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Don't worry.
Wenker has assured us that Sanchez and Ozil are staying.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:10 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Conflicting information.

Lacazette is now 1.05 with skybet to complete the transfer. As I said before anyone who doesn't think it will happen can always lay the bet off on Betfair Exchange if the market is available. Bookies are right more often than not at these short odds.
Yeah maybe, but that Lyon President seems a bit flaky....and with our negotiating team... :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:13 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:10 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Conflicting information.

Yeah maybe, but that Lyon President seems a bit flaky....and with our negotiating team... :roll:
At around £55 million pounds looks a lot of money for this guy.....