Manchester City (N) | FA Cup SF | Sun 23 Apr 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Manchester City (N) | FA Cup SF | Sun 23 Apr 15:00

Post by NickF »

Sean wrote:Up next. Will we get bummed, or will we fluke a win and postpone the bumming for the final? :roll:

Winning the cup this season seems impossible. This is not the easy run we had in 14 and 15.

Needless to say; we are shite, they are shite and the game will be a massive pile of shite 8)
Wouldn't have said we had it particularly easy in 14 as we had to go through the scum, the victims and Everton before we played Wigan and then Hull.

Anyway, City are almost as inconsistent as we are so could go either way. Nightmare scenario would be the scum in the final.

Babu

Post by Babu »

northbank123 wrote:
City in the cup is actually one of the games we are most likely to win in my opinion. They are so hit and miss it defies belief, they are shaky at the back and when they do dominate teams they often don't take advantage (see our game a few weeks back).
Same here. If there's a game that Wenger could win it's this one.

The Cup Final to stop one of our rivals from doing the Double?
No chance!

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
augie wrote:I honestly believe (and have believed for some time now), that wenger's future will be decided on the outcome of this match - get to the cup final and it will be time to get out the razor blades cos the new contract will be announced, but if we lose I believe that he will announce his decision to leave by sunday night or monday lunchtime.

Sadly I think that we will win :cry: :cry: :cry:
Is it the board or Wenger who you think are going to be swayed by the outcome of this?

As ludicrous as it is I still firmly believe that (one way or the other) a decision has been made by Wenger and nothing that happens between now and the end of the season will change the decision.

Wenger no doubt - I believe that he is hoping for a cup triumph to boost his claims to carry on, and I think that a defeat (in the semi more than the final) will tell him that the game is up and it is time to move on. In fairness to him, he gotta still believe that there is a possibility of winning a (real) trophy this season, and I think that it is that which is delaying the decision/announcement

Like I said already though, I expect that we will beat citeeh and it will be bullshit central with wenker for the next month :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I agree with augie - the game v City is huge.

Wenger will be lauded in getting us to another cup final and will sign his contract.
Top 4 will be forgotten and accepted by the AKBs. Protests will be pointless as the fans of all other clubs will be saying. E careful what you wish for and thinking we are ungrateful bastards because we have made another cup final.

Lose and it's a different story - then the league games DO become important and every defeAt will weaken Wenger.

Come on City (or face years more torture)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:Hoping we lose a semi final to avoid a bumholing by a load of c.unts in the final. It's actually come to this :twisted: :banghead:
Yes, this really is a Lose v Lose situation.

If by some sort of miracle we beat $hitty - then we put ourselves forward to get raped by the scumfilth or the chavs in the Final with the whole world watching.

AND even if we managed to win the damn thing - That Would GAURANTEE a new 3 - 5 year contract for the cluelesscunt we all want GONE.

If someone had said to me ' a day will come and the Arsenal will be in the semi-final of the FA Cup and you will hope for a loss - I'd have punched them in the throat.

:oops: :cry: :banghead: :cussing:

:suicide:

mariad

Post by mariad »

I can see wengers dejected face already.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

northbank123 wrote:People proclaimed a revival after the West Ham game, which lasted all of a few days before we were played off the park by Palace.

We were dreadful last night and it wouldn't have been enough to beat any other side in the league except perhaps Sunderland. They looked every inch a side who haven't won a game this year, yet would still have probably won the game if their centre half didn't plant a free header straight at Cech from six yards.

You can count the number of league wins we've had at Spurs, Stoke or Southampton on one hand. Mourinho's team will outplay us like they always do and like they did spectacularly earlier this season. Leicester and Everton are both playing well and we won't beat either unless we play monumentally better than we have since the end of January.

City in the cup is actually one of the games we are most likely to win in my opinion. They are so hit and miss it defies belief, they are shaky at th back and when they do dominate teams they often don take advantage (see our game a few weeks back).

Yep, this is how I see it. I don't expect us to beat City, but neither would it surprise me. Could be a 4-0 to them or 2-1 to us type of game.

As for a revival in the league, well that ain't happening regardless of the result in the semi. I've been saying for ages that top 4 was not gonna happen this season....the time had to come where his luck ran out and it all caught up with him and this is that time. In the past he's got out of jail by implosions at other clubs and us putting together enough of a run to get home. Well, I don't see any significant implosions taking place elsewhere and a decent run is beyond us, given our run-in and our total crapness

It amazes me when people talk about City, Liverpool and Utd being inconsistent and / or shaky, as though that's our route to top 4. Well, aren't those people watching our games ?? We are currently the most shaky and unreliable side in the top half of the league (and more so than some in the bottom half) and there can be no rational grounds for a shred of confidence in us making the CL places. Like others have said, that was a scrappy win against a piss poor Boro side last night and it could, probably should, have been a draw at best.

I think Clash's point is the key one here......we are so used to the Old Fraud getting his lucky breaks and nicking an undeserved 4th spot, that we are paranoid that he'll defy the odds again and take the pressure off himself. Don't worry, it's not happening this time, not by a long chalk. His luck is up, 6th at best.

Goose

Post by Goose »

I don't like to lighten the mood but does anyone have the list of allocated pubs for the game??

Herd

Post by Herd »

Whilst I've given my tickets to my brother in law and have Zero expectation of a win ,I really do want us to win this one !

An Opportunity to turn over the swamp dwellers at Wembley is hell and heaven on earth but I'm drawn to the flame like a juicy fat moth !

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Goose wrote:I don't like to lighten the mood but does anyone have the list of allocated pubs for the game??

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

at least we'll know our possible final opponents before we kick off, if its the Chavs I'll be able to breath again as getting to the final and losing to them i could take but losing to the vermin at Wembley is a no go

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Clearly wenger should have walked away on a high with an FA cup in the bag after his last contract expired but....

being an optimist, beating Sp*rs in the cup final (after chavs pip them to the title) would be a great end to a shite season and a nice send off for the departing wenger! :)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

g88ner wrote:Clearly wenger should have walked away on a high with an FA cup in the bag after his last contract expired but....

being an optimist, beating Sp*rs in the cup final (after chavs pip them to the title) would be a great end to a shite season and a nice send off for the departing wenger! :)
It would more likely be a brownholing in the final for us :( but if your scenario were to happen,le fartbox would be here for 5more years(at least)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

falkirk goon wrote:
g88ner wrote:Clearly wenger should have walked away on a high with an FA cup in the bag after his last contract expired but....

It would more likely be a brownholing in the final for us :( but if your scenario were to happen,le fartbox would be here for 5more years(at least)
I did say "being an optimist"... but yeah, im aware the 2 alternative nightmare scenarios you put forward are far more likely :(

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

g88ner wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

I did say "being an optimist"... but yeah, im aware the 2 alternative nightmare scenarios you put forward are far more likely :(
:( it's a shite state of affairs mate :(