Manchester City (N) | FA Cup SF | Sun 23 Apr 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Manchester City (N) | FA Cup SF | Sun 23 Apr 15:00

Post by Herd »

I would rather get 4th than be cast into the Europa !

Babu

Post by Babu »

g88ner wrote:Clearly wenger should have walked away on a high with an FA cup in the bag after his last contract expired but....

being an optimist, beating Sp*rs in the cup final (after chavs pip them to the title) would be a great end to a shite season and a nice send off for the departing wenger! :)
"Optimistically" yes, wouldn't it just.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Babu wrote:
g88ner wrote:Clearly wenger should have walked away on a high with an FA cup in the bag after his last contract expired but....

being an optimist, beating Sp*rs in the cup final (after chavs pip them to the title) would be a great end to a shite season and a nice send off for the departing wenger! :)
Yea right, that will be his cue to sign a 10 year extension.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:I would rather get 4th than be cast into the Europa !

I'd rather be 8th.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Babu wrote:

Yea right, that will be his cue to sign a 10 year extension.
Already signed a 2 year deal, think he will be just as hard to shift when that deal expires

Herd

Post by Herd »

Retro Gunner wrote:

I'd rather be 8th.
Thats going to be tough even for this lot !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

I'd rather be 8th.

Very true. Mind you, just wait 'til next season....it could be an unmitigated disaster ! :(

Herd

Post by Herd »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

I'd rather be 8th.

Very true. Mind you, just wait 'til next season....it could be an unmitigated disaster ! :(
You mean there's mitigating circumstances for this season ? :shock:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

I'd rather be 8th.

:D Certainly not !! This season will be an unmitigated mess, but next season could really be a disaster. It really is possible that we'll slide towards mid table with Il Duce still at the helm.

Our better players will probably be gone and who, of any worth, will join us ? No one with any ambition to win trophies will come anywhere near N5 and all we'll recruit, are mercenaries that we'll overpay, who won't be bothered about winning as much as the toss up before the game. Still, they'll feel very much at home with the like minded dross already at the Club. Maybe Ramsey will be able to show them how to cultivate a Hipster beard and Theo can tell them how to go about getting their kids' names on their boots !! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Herd wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

I'd rather be 8th.

:D Certainly not !! This season will be an unmitigated mess, but next season could really be a disaster. It really is possible that we'll slide towards mid table with Il Duce still at the helm.

Our better players will probably be gone and who, of any worth, will join us ? No one with any ambition to win trophies will come anywhere near N5 and all we'll recruit, are mercenaries that we'll overpay, who won't be bothered about winning as much as the toss up before the game. Still, they'll feel very much at home with the like minded dross already at the Club. Maybe Ramsey will be able to show them how to cultivate a Hipster beard and Theo can tell them how to go about getting their kids' names on their boots !! :barscarf:
It's a pity Walcott didn't name his kids Right and Left...then he might just might know which foot is which and actually beat a defender rather than running down blind alleyways.

I bet even now wenger is lining up some names to add to our Virtual Squad - You know That's the Squad that would have won all the trophies we haven't won had he signed them. :? :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I sense some gallows humour is creeping in to this forum !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:I sense some gallows humour is creeping in to this forum !

You know, it's the gallows humour that I love most about this place. I've been fucking hollowed out by Wenger and the Club over the last 10 years and as I've heard you and many others say on here, the feeling that we all used to have, that visceral, primal attachment to The Arsenal, is simply no longer there. Whether it could ever come back, I really don't know.

Anyway, amidst all that and despite being a recent poster, I've been reading this forum for years and it's been the only thing I've enjoyed about the whole experience of being a Gooner in recent years. Before finding this place, I honestly thought that I was the only bloke that could see through Il Duce. This forum has kept me sane (well, that's probably debatable :D ) and the gallows humour is the best part of it.

Maybe I'm becoming a sad old fucker ?!! :shock: :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I was a late convert to the WOB circa 2012 is when I finally turned after years of if only he changed this or that we could win again .
But I stopped caring about a year ago and I doubt if its coming back ,Im not renewing next year although someone is going to take them off me .
There good seats and I might go 2-3 times a season !

Goose

Post by Goose »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Goose wrote:I don't like to lighten the mood but does anyone have the list of allocated pubs for the game??
Thanks mate! :barscarf:

tennisgooner

Post by tennisgooner »

they're a good side, we're going to do well to avoid a sound beating.

3-1 to them