Europa League (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Europa League

Post by Nos89 »

One step hopefully two steps forward. We haven't progressed in Europe for last 6 seasons, dropping down to the less prestigious tournament might do us some good. What odds would you get on Bayern Munich or Barcelona finishing 3rd in their group, dropping into the Europa League and Arsenal getting them in the last 16? Just be our luck.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ungrateful bastards! :banghead: THIS is why we left our beautiful Highbury home and moved to the soulless LEGO bowl. 8)

Oh the fucking GLORY!! :barscarf: :winner: :whee:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

When you try to sign someone they don't ask do you play in the europa league :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I hope we meet a Paddy team, at least the beer will be good!... :db10_1:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I think if we reach the knockout stage of the UEFA Cup it could be Wengers greatest achievement

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

You actually have to win a two legged tie to get to the round of 16 in this competition.

When the season is falling apart next season, the Wenger fan boys will remind us how we are 'still in the last 32 of the europea league', as opposed to still being in 'the last 16 of the champions league'.

When the season was falling apart during the Christmas period, we were often told the season is still alive as we are 'still in in the last 16 of the CL'. Although, I always felt that was like bragging how you are still alive, despite your pending date with the electric chair. I always wondered, these people who told us not to get to annoyed as we were 'still in the last 16 of the CL' - what did they think was going to happen when we played Bayern.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Wilson wrote:You actually have to win a two legged tie to get to the round of 16 in this competition.

When the season is falling apart next season, the Wenger fan boys will remind us how we are 'still in the last 32 of the europea league', as opposed to still being in 'the last 16 of the champions league'.

When the season was falling apart during the Christmas period, we were often told the season is still alive as we are 'still in in the last 16 of the CL'. Although, I always felt that was like bragging how you are still alive, despite your pending date with the electric chair. I always wondered, these people who told us not to get to annoyed as we were 'still in the last 16 of the CL' - what did they think was going to happen when we played Bayern.

What will the excuse be if we fail in the Europa League? :censored:
Wonder how many will turn up for the first round game against some non event team from Moldova?? :lol:
More importantly, would they have the bollocks to try to use Cup Tie credits in these games? :cussing:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Three home wins against shit from eastern Europe or Scandinavia, one away win, one draw and a pathetic defeat in the group stage. Knock-out wins against shit Portuguese, French or Spanish teams and then the usual failure in the semis or even final against a fucking bang average bunch of shit nobodies. Media tell us that it's Wenger's greatest achievement. A year's contract extension follows despite us finishing sixth in the league.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

HARLOW GOONER wrote:Bring it on. I'm looking forward to visiting a few backward places.
yes I suppose we dont get the chance to go to Tottenham next season :D

NickF

Post by NickF »

Wilson wrote:You actually have to win a two legged tie to get to the round of 16 in this competition.

Assuming we finish fifth, i think we would go in at the group stage as I would assume we would be one of the "3 domestic league fifth-placed teams from associations 1–3". If that is the case then it would only take 2 more games (round of 32) than it would to win the champs league. New places to visit for our away fans as well, what's not to like? :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:This is just what we need. Thursdays in front of 35,000 against some nobodies from Cyprus or Finland. It will just the proof that people need to see how much damage Wanker has caused.
Indeed, and I know exactly how this competition will go for us. He'll play some of the promising kids in the early stages and a bit like Vela and Wilshere used to do in the League Cup, there'll be flicks and tricks galore as TO1AW is hailed as some sort of genius for all this young talent he's been nurturing. Roll on to the quarter final stage at the business end of the season and there'll be a monumental balls up against anyone with a hint of defensive organisation
SteveO are you by chance insinuating that OGL will not show this competition, one he has never won, due respect?

Shame on you :wink:
I know mate, who would have thought it eh? Still I'm sure his flock of sheep followers will say that it isn't an important competition and that "football has changed now"

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:I hope we meet a Paddy team, at least the beer will be good!... :db10_1:
What will also be good is the slap/stabbing you'll get if you say the word "Paddy" to anyone's face in Dublin! :lol: :box: :tricolour: :db10_1:

:D :wink:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:I hope we meet a Paddy team, at least the beer will be good!... :db10_1:
What will also be good is the slap/stabbing you'll get if you say the word "Paddy" to anyone's face in Dublin! :lol: :box: :tricolour: :db10_1:

My Mrs is from Sandymount she will take care of me Patrick lol.... :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Is "Patrick" a euphemism? And in what way will she take care of it? :rubchin:

Sandymount, huh? Not only a southsider but from D4 too? You poor bastard. :lol: :wink: Ask her to translate this;

"Loik focksake, Garvin. Ronan is loik boffing some Buds roysh! Get your loik collar up for loik some ruggers roysh!" :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Is "Patrick" a euphemism? And in what way will she take care of it? :rubchin:

Sandymount, huh? Not only a southsider but from D4 too? You poor bastard. :lol: :wink: Ask her to translate this;

"Loik focksake, Garvin. Ronan is loik boffing some Buds roysh! Get your loik collar up for loik some ruggers roysh!" :lol:
The Stynes Clan, her cousin played for Melbourne Jim Stynes, sadly passed away but worshipped in Ireland and Australia...