Europa League (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Europa League (merged thread)

Post by Jock Gooner »

Update - I'd rather go to NY or Miami than Baku or Beijing 8)

I'm not sure what will happen to the current Euro competitions but I'd hazard a guess that it will be a crock of shit. The ropey cup should cut it's numbers and get rid of the group stage which would liven it up a bit. In it's current format if it was a dog you'd probably just put it down.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

That’s a good point. I don’t agree with allowing American teams in but no worse than allowing in teams from Azerbaijan, Armenia etc

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I wish the money obsessed cùnts would go back to 3 proper knock out competitions and bin this fucking tedious mini league bollocks. Of course the filth that run the game never will. :roll: :censored:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Article on the BBC site stating that uefa are planning on a 3rd European club competition that will increase the number of teams from 80 to 96

Hmmm

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:26 am
I wish the money obsessed cùnts would go back to 3 proper knock out competitions and bin this fucking tedious mini league bollocks. Of course the filth that run the game never will. :roll: :censored:
This is how the crooked committee make their cash and bonuses, long fucking drawn out competitions which really fuck players up through fatigue ( excluding the likes of Ozil of course 8)
I am a firm believer of quality over quantity, but these bastard European Conquistadors would rather dilute the quality to fill their coffers, bit like the Franco German European Federal dream.... :wink: :lol:

See how we are getting closer to a Euro League, which will decimate the National game, and you will be watching Championship games at Pub Football Prices, mark my words....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:27 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
This is how the crooked committee make their cash and bonuses, long fucking drawn out competitions which really fuck players up through fatigue ( excluding the likes of Ozil of course 8)
I am a firm believer of quality over quantity, but these bastard European Conquistadors would rather dilute the quality to fill their coffers, bit like the Franco German European Federal dream.... :wink: :lol:

See how we are getting closer to a Euro League, which will decimate the National game, and you will be watching Championship games at Pub Football Prices, mark my words....
I won't be watching a European league. Football would be dead to me at that point.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
:lol:

As Jake Blues once said "I hate Franco German European Federalists"

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I think the next decade will have the likes of Man city and psg dominate Europe.

With ladyboy gone and Messi getting older now, I think they will hoover up the next generation of superstars . It already feels like you have to spend £250 million a year now in the premier League to stay a relavent title threat, and how many clubs can keep doing this.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:15 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
:lol:

As Jake Blues once said "I hate Franco German European Federalists"
And we have to play shit teams in the Europa League, what a fucking waste of time...
Let's hope we get into the CL otherwise I can see this club disappear into obscurity.... :shock:

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Draw for the Round of 32 is Monday at 12pm

Possible opponents: Zurich, Celtic, Slavia Prague, Rapid Wien, Malmo, Rennes, Brugge, Plzen, Olympiakos, Lazio, Fenerbache, Krasnodar, BATE, Donetsk, Galatasaray

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Olympiakos.......Olympi-fucking-akos :shock:

SteveO....SteveO wherefore art thou SteveO?? We’re off to fucking Athens again you beautiful bastard.

That quaint B&B in the dodgy part of town, the battered old bed with the noisey springs, you in full gimp attire, me running a bubble bath encircled with lavender scented candles, the passionate love making, the screaming, the ecstasy, the explosion of love juice all performed under the backdrop of the sensual tones of my Barry White LP.

The good times.....they’re fucking BACK baby :barscarf:

Daycat

Post by Daycat »

Celtic or Slavia Prague would be nice

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:44 am
Olympiakos.......Olympi-fucking-akos :shock:

SteveO....SteveO wherefore art thou SteveO?? We’re off to fucking Athens again you beautiful bastard.

That quaint B&B in the dodgy part of town, the battered old bed with the noisey springs, you in full gimp attire, me running a bubble bath encircled with lavender scented candles, the passionate love making, the screaming, the ecstasy, the explosion of love juice all performed under the backdrop of the sensual tones of my Barry White LP.

The good times.....they’re fucking BACK baby :barscarf:
Ooh just shot me muck. :shock:

Fat Shazza from Dagenham you are a dirty bitch. 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Would be funny to draw Celtic and put out our U15s to give them a hiding

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Love to get Celtic and slam those B'stards.
Galatasary for old cunting off the cunting murderers.
Olympiacos for the YAWN.