Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
The Arsenal Way

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Postby The Arsenal Way » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:25 pm

I attended the Perth Glory v Sydney FC Grand Final a few weeks back. Perth at home at the souless Optus Stadium.
It ended 0-0, and Perth lost on pens. Fucking 2 hours of my life wasted, and my first footy game since Paris '06. :shock:
Sydney brought over about 700-800 'supporters' and they made a fair noise.

A phone in on the radio today was about the atmosphere, and it very quickly focused on the negativity of the home supporters booing Sydney whenever a player touched the ball. :shock: :banghead:
One woman (dunno why a woman attends footy tbh), was aghast that a man sitting behind her and family of 3 children, started swearing and shouting abuse. "It ruined the whole experience for us, and we won't be returning." Must admit that he was a bit of a prat though.
Another bloke asked why, when the opposing keeper took a goal kick, the supporters shouted out in unison, "oooooooooooeeeeee shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt aaaaaahhhhhhhh, you fat bastard, you fat bastard, you fat bastard?"

The response from the bloke answering these questions?
"Why didn't you text or ask a steward for the offender to be removed."

Footy here is fucking dire at the best of times. Take away our right to be passionate about it, and you have Wimmins footy.

cants

augie

Postby augie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:42 pm

As expected, the whole sexism argument only works one way and only counts if a woman feels entitled :roll: :censored:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9265786/ ... world-cup/

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Postby Leyton Gooner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:27 pm

I attended the Perth Glory v Sydney FC Grand Final a few weeks back. Perth at home at the souless Optus Stadium.
It ended 0-0, and Perth lost on pens. Fucking 2 hours of my life wasted, and my first footy game since Paris '06. :shock:
Sydney brought over about 700-800 'supporters' and they made a fair noise.

A phone in on the radio today was about the atmosphere, and it very quickly focused on the negativity of the home supporters booing Sydney whenever a player touched the ball. :shock: :banghead:
One woman (dunno why a woman attends footy tbh), was aghast that a man sitting behind her and family of 3 children, started swearing and shouting abuse. "It ruined the whole experience for us, and we won't be returning." Must admit that he was a bit of a prat though.
Another bloke asked why, when the opposing keeper took a goal kick, the supporters shouted out in unison, "oooooooooooeeeeee shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt aaaaaahhhhhhhh, you fat bastard, you fat bastard, you fat bastard?"

The response from the bloke answering these questions?
"Why didn't you text or ask a steward for the offender to be removed."

Footy here is fucking dire at the best of times. Take away our right to be passionate about it, and you have Wimmins footy.

cants
Not sure of the demographic of football watchers in Aus but you should hear the language at the cricket over there and no one gives a shit :lol:

DB10GOONER

Postby DB10GOONER » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:24 am

As expected, the whole sexism argument only works one way and only counts if a woman feels entitled :roll: :censored:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9265786/ ... world-cup/
Jesus if Alex Fucking cliché Scott is anything to go by then that must have made for some painful listening..... :|

"Squawk squawk 110 percent squawk down the channels squawk wing backs squawk screech!"

:roll: :censored:

A11M11

Postby A11M11 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:53 pm

Male pundits have been speaking bollocks for years , it goes back to Keyes and Gray on Sky .
I was on holiday last week and there they were on Bein Sports and the first thing they did was draw an offside line and say . " Really really poor he should be able to see all the way over from there.
I just smiled sardonically and went back to my beer.

Return to “On the Terraces”