Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:02 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:18 am
northbank123 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:43 am
Quite enjoyed the irony of Andy Townsend bemoaning the Declan Rice situation
Ah yes, the cockney pogue :roll: :lol:
I'm just hoping someone asks Tony "Paddy" Cascarino what he thinks about it, given that his sole claim to Oirishness was an Oirish granny that turned out to be 100% Italian with zero Oirish blood or connection to the country! :lol:

The best bit? He told Jack Charlton and Charlton swore him to secrecy! Sometimes being Oirish is just fucking cool. :lol: 8)
Ah old Paddy Cascarino the guy who on the radio always sounds so similar to that other famous Irishman aka the Romford Pele :?

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I agree with the over 18 thing, I can also see a kid thinking well if England don't want me then I will play for my dads country etc. but once your 18 and played a few games you should not be able to change, but then again the fucking managers change countries all the time :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is all fucking bollix really.

My mother is English and my Father is Irish and only moved to England when he was 22, so if i was any good at football choosing Ireland would not be cynical. unfortunately I only have to choose between the Victoria Arms and the auld shillelagh :lol:

We can't all be the next Sanogo :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:08 pm
I agree with the over 18 thing, I can also see a kid thinking well if England don't want me then I will play for my dads country etc. but once your 18 and played a few games you should not be able to change, but then again the fucking managers change countries all the time :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is all fucking bollix really.

My mother is English and my Father is Irish and only moved to England when he was 22, so if i was any good at football choosing Ireland would not be cynical. unfortunately I only have to choose between the Victoria Arms and the auld shillelagh :lol:

We can't all be the next Sanogo :shock:
:lol: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:02 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:18 am
northbank123 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:43 am
Quite enjoyed the irony of Andy Townsend bemoaning the Declan Rice situation
Ah yes, the cockney pogue :roll: :lol:
I'm just hoping someone asks Tony "Paddy" Cascarino what he thinks about it, given that his sole claim to Oirishness was an Oirish granny that turned out to be 100% Italian with zero Oirish blood or connection to the country! :lol:

The best bit? He told Jack Charlton and Charlton swore him to secrecy! Sometimes being Oirish is just fucking cool. :lol: 8)
:D Outrageous! That Irish team should be stripped of all their medals !!

Oh hang on ...

Clash

Post by Clash »

A minor gripe maybe ... but this trendy new camera angle for penalties where the camera is positioned behind the penalty taker just looks wrong!

For a start it distorts the size of the goal and makes it looks too small .... and it aint a fucking PS4 game. Just leave the things that do not need changing alone!

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Ha. That muppet Ty is getting grief on Awaydays for wearing his headphones during the Derby. Twat. :cussing:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Clash wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:40 pm
A minor gripe maybe ... but this trendy new camera angle for penalties where the camera is positioned behind the penalty taker just looks wrong!

For a start it distorts the size of the goal and makes it looks too small .... and it aint a fucking PS4 game. Just leave the things that do not need changing alone!
They've tried over the years to get a different angle for penalties but nobody really cares about seeing it from a different fucking angle. Nobody wants to watch it from the player's point of view because we aren't fucking playing. I remember horse face missing at Old Toilet in 2003 and the fucking camera angle was shaking because it was so fucking dodgy.

augie

Post by augie »

He is at it again :roll:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ism-series

I have no wish to be dismissive of any black person that has suffered genuine racism, but this crunt wants to ignore all his other "issues" and play the easy racism card instead :roll:

The part I like best is where he analyise's other peoples perspective and throws out this beauty .....

"Sometimes it's like a, not a psychological thing, but maybe it's just something in their head that they're not deliberately doing it, but they are in a way.

This from a man that had a mental breakdown at half time in a league game ? This from a guy that has had mental/depression issues himself in the past ? Please fcuk off sol cos you are ruining your reputation in the game by this self pity crap

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Speaking generally; he is just not a likeable person.

Speaks volumes that a bloke that fucked over Spurs to join us on a free, won the Double in his first season, won the league unbeaten and scored in a CL final isn’t considered an absolute legend.

augie

Post by augie »

I still remember where I was when his signing was announced to the stunned football world 8) It truly was a joyous day cos we all knew just how much it would fcuk the scum fans off 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
I remember reading myles palmer a couple of nights before thatsaying that Arsenal were keeping the number 23 shirt free for him in case he joined us, but I totally dismissed it cos at the time it was odds on that he was joining either inter or barca

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:33 am
He is at it again :roll:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ism-series

I have no wish to be dismissive of any black person that has suffered genuine racism, but this crunt wants to ignore all his other "issues" and play the easy racism card instead :roll:

The part I like best is where he analyise's other peoples perspective and throws out this beauty .....

"Sometimes it's like a, not a psychological thing, but maybe it's just something in their head that they're not deliberately doing it, but they are in a way.

This from a man that had a mental breakdown at half time in a league game ? This from a guy that has had mental/depression issues himself in the past ? Please fcuk off sol cos you are ruining your reputation in the game by this self pity crap
He reminds me of Liverpool and their supporters...If he is not being indulged by a pitying media he creates another story to get back into people's minds.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

sol campbell has been and will always be a weird man

would love a when louis met sol episode :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sol's "PL Legends" episode is painful viewing. :oops: :lol:

He comes across as some bastardized hybrid of Alan Partridge, Graham LeSaux, Piers Morgan and Garth Crooks. :shock: :lol:

And if that aint a compendium of complete cùnts I don't know what is. :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:43 pm
Sol's "PL Legends" episode is painful viewing. :oops: :lol:

He comes across as some bastardized hybrid of Alan Partridge, Graham LeSaux, Piers Morgan and Garth Crooks. :shock: :lol:

And if that aint a compendium of complete cùnts I don't know what is. :wink:
:D :D

I dont know if I am right about this but on one of those programmes I recall Sol, when asked what it was like to play with Thierry Henry said '' ask Thierry what it was like to play with Sol Campbell'' :roll:

Please tell me I imagined this ... :banghead: ...

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Only Bergkamp is allowed a response like that