Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Gunner Rob »

Is it just me or are football matches kicking off later and later ?

all the Euro games are now 8pm instead of 7.45,the Sunday 4pm games have gone to 4.30pm and now we are starting to get 8.15pm games!!!

And who wants to watch 4 PL games back to back on Boxing Day ? The fun used to be the fact that everyone kicked off at the same time.
I am increasingly getting turned off football due to the increasingly bizarre scheduling.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

clummo123 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:33 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:51 pm
clummo123 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:38 pm
171836411qcgFSEo.png

20:15 on a Thursday night. Thanks Amazon for creating yet another new matchday experience.
Amazon have all the boxing day fixtures this year
You'll see our game in the other place, don't worry. :barscarf: :lol:
Thank you very much 8) :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:35 am

all the Euro games are now 8pm instead of 7.45,the Sunday 4pm games have gone to 4.30pm and now we are starting to get 8.15pm games!!!

And who wants to watch 4 PL games back to back on Boxing Day ? The fun used to be the fact that everyone kicked off at the same time.
I am increasingly getting turned off football due to the increasingly bizarre scheduling.
It could be just my livescore app but it says that the Sunday games 27th Oct which includes us will be kicked off at 17:30 :?

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:28 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

It could be just my livescore app but it says that the Sunday games 27th Oct which includes us will be kicked off at 17:30 :?
I'd say that's down to British Summertime ending. Clocks go back an hour so will be 16:30 in real time.

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:

All those new times are solely down to TV scheduling.

8pm kick off to make sure the 6pm games have finished.
4:30 to make sure the 2:30 games have finished.
2:30 to make sure the 12:30 have finished!!

And my Dad would happily watch 4 games back to back on Boxing Day if he could get away with it. :lol: :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:

You're right Rob, 8:00pm is definitely later than 7:45pm and 4:30pm is also later than 4:00pm :wink: :) 8)

Seriously though I fully agree with you and I wonder where this is going and how far they are gonna try and push it!

On one hand, if different games being played at the same time are being shown live on Amazon Prime over the Christmas period, I see no excuse why they cannot then extend this to do it the traditional Saturday 3:00pm in future.

On the other hand, I fear we will be seeing kick offs closer to 11:00pm soon and then summer football after the Qatar world cup (moving the world cup to winter for this is being quite deliberate IMO).

I also wonder if, in my lifetime, due to the huge revenue from TV, whether paying fans will become obsolete. I don't mean playing in front of empty stadiums, more so that the clubs will choose who is allowed in, or even pay them, attend to become part of the ''product''. Like in the way the church has a choir. Then there will be no dissent or anything no under their control anymore.

Football has changed so much and it doesnt seem to ever settle down and stay the same for long before the next change is implemented. And most of these changes do not improve things for the average supporter, whose existence is becoming more threatened by the year.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Just caught a few minutes of SSN.. The guest in the studio was talking about Arsenal's defensive problems...no problem with that but the guest's name flashed up on the screen I was reminded how cuntish Sky are and how footballing nobodies are given time to spout cliches..The guest was " Marvin Sordell Burnley 2014-15."..

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:31 pm
Just caught a few minutes of SSN.. The guest in the studio was talking about Arsenal's defensive problems...no problem with that but the guest's name flashed up on the screen I was reminded how cuntish Sky are and how footballing nobodies are given time to spout cliches..The guest was " Marvin Sordell Burnley 2014-15."..
At least he played.....apparently they let birds comment about the footy too these days :shock: What's the world coming to :roll: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:18 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
At least he played.....apparently they let birds comment about the footy too these days :shock: What's the world coming to :roll: :lol:
I know right! :shock: I even saw one night they had some ugly Scouse lesbian on COMMENTING on a match! A men's match!!! :shock:

The world has gone fucko. Complete fucko. :cry:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Modern goal nets:

Remember when every club used to have their own unique set of posts/nets? I used to know all the different types and I could tell what ground it was just by seeing the posts. The best were of course at Highbury, plus the old Wembley and Hampden park ones. Villa Park was a classic and simple design too.

The worst were the shallow colourless ones at shite grounds like WHL, Loftus Rd, The Dell and Upton Park.

But now they're all the same :roll: The same generic set of posts with the deep stanchion and the square shaped side netting. We used to only see these on the continent but now they're everywhere. Even non-league grounds. All part of the plan to merge the world of football into one bland, universal all-encompassing shite-fest! :roll:

Its a slow day 8) :oops: .

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:43 am
Modern goal nets:

Remember when every club used to have their own unique set of posts/nets? I used to know all the different types and I could tell what ground it was just by seeing the posts. The best were of course at Highbury, plus the old Wembley and Hampden park ones. Villa Park was a classic and simple design too.

The worst were the shallow colourless ones at shite grounds like WHL, Loftus Rd, The Dell and Upton Park.

But now they're all the same :roll: The same generic set of posts with the deep stanchion and the square shaped side netting. We used to only see these on the continent but now they're everywhere. Even non-league grounds. All part of the plan to merge the world of football into one bland, universal all-encompassing shite-fest! :roll:

In fairness to the Dell there was no room for anything else it was so tight for space...a few years back black nets were all the rage..

clummo123

Post by clummo123 »

I'd say the actual goal frames all need to be same to allow for the goal-line technology to be built in. I know what you mean about the nets though. I used to love the continental version that were loose and baggy. Was great to see them billowing out when a hard shot or header hit them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:24 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:18 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
I know right! :shock: I even saw one night they had some ugly Scouse lesbian on COMMENTING on a match! A men's match!!! :shock:

The world has gone fucko. Complete fucko. :cry:
I thught that was janie Callagher!? :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:56 am
Clash wrote:
Modern goal nets:

In fairness to the Dell there was no room for anything else it was so tight for space...a few years back black net stockings were all the rage..
They still are in some parts of the world mate! :D :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Modern goal nets:

Good shout that man :lol: