Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:25 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:27 pm
So we all get to start our FA cup matches at stupid times so we can be force fed some film clip narrated by HRH Prince Willie.

I am not trying to degrade the subject matter of mental health for one moment but why not show it at the end of the game.

If it's too important to be shown at the end of the game when those who don't wish to watch it can fu.ck off then there is an element of football being hi-jacked for third party purposes as far as I'm concerned.

If football is deemed an important vehicle in order to reach a substantial audience then why the fu.ck doesn't our so called national broadcaster consider it important enough to sink a few quid into. Why not actually invest some of our licence fee to secure some regular live football on the telly. I think they stretched to show the merseyside derby this weekend - there's a shock they chose the victims match. BT pay about £300M per season for their PL deal so I think it's fair to say the beeb could afford a few quid out of the c£3.5bn in fees they rake in, unchallenged, every year. Cu.nts.
I'm not going to be as polite as you Jock. It's a load of old bollocks is what it is. The video they released is so packed full of megacùnts I thought it was an advert for vaginal lube. :roll: :censored:

No mark attention-whores like Alex fucking Scott and Chris "please hug me daddy" Kamara and ubercunts like Lingard and his rapey face are all over the fucking thing. :censored:

Just another feelgood self-congratulatory pc box ticking exercise by cùnts mostly. :censored:

Thanks, I'm well known for being overly polite :lol:

Do you think one Saturday afternoon the shoppers in Marks & Spencer, John Lewis etc will be forced to watch the same pile of shit? Or maybe a nice little video about racism or have to attach cute little rainbow flags to their shopping trollies? No, me neither, so why do the cu.nts in charge of the game feel that we need to be force fed this bollox :roll:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
So we all get to start our FA cup matches at stupid times so we can be force fed some film clip narrated by HRH Prince Willie.

I am not trying to degrade the subject matter of mental health for one moment but why not show it at the end of the game.

If it's too important to be shown at the end of the game when those who don't wish to watch it can fu.ck off then there is an element of football being hi-jacked for third party purposes as far as I'm concerned.

If football is deemed an important vehicle in order to reach a substantial audience then why the fu.ck doesn't our so called national broadcaster consider it important enough to sink a few quid into. Why not actually invest some of our licence fee to secure some regular live football on the telly. I think they stretched to show the merseyside derby this weekend - there's a shock they chose the victims match. BT pay about £300M per season for their PL deal so I think it's fair to say the beeb could afford a few quid out of the c£3.5bn in fees they rake in, unchallenged, every year. Cu.nts.
I'm not going to be as polite as you Jock. It's a load of old bollocks is what it is. The video they released is so packed full of megacùnts I thought it was an advert for vaginal lube. :roll: :censored:

No mark attention-whores like Alex fucking Scott and Chris "please hug me daddy" Kamara and ubercunts like Lingard and his rapey face are all over the fucking thing. :censored:

Just another feelgood self-congratulatory pc box ticking exercise by cùnts mostly. :censored:

Do you think one Saturday afternoon the shoppers in Marks & Spencer, John Lewis etc will be forced to watch the same pile of shit? Or maybe a nice little video about racism or have to attach cute little rainbow flags to their shopping trollies? No, me neither, so why do the cu.nts in charge of the game feel that we need to be force fed this bollox :roll:
Because the rest of society is perfect, it’s just us footie watching herberts that let the rest down..... :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

They are trying to be seen as radical and relevant, in sync with the latest media trends.....in truth probably think the same as everyone else.....they just dont want anyone to suddenly look at them and say...."who the fuck are these wankers"

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I don't know if it belongs on here but anyone see Van Persie's post match comments about Solskjaer after the United game the other night. He was talking about him not looking unhappy enough and then proceeded to tell some story about his time at United. This is cringey for two reasons, firstly it's obvious that any actual analysis is now being replaced by bollox in order to create controversy and secondly, he acts like he spent his career over there, when in reality he had 1 good season with them and spent the rest of his career crocked with us, what a *word censored*

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:31 am
I don't know if it belongs on here but anyone see Van Persie's post match comments about Solskjaer after the United game the other night. He was talking about him not looking unhappy enough and then proceeded to tell some story about his time at United. This is cringey for two reasons, firstly it's obvious that any actual analysis is now being replaced by bollox in order to create controversy and secondly, he acts like he spent his career over there, when in reality he had 1 good season with them and spent the rest of his career crocked with us, what a *word censored*
Absofuckinglutely. Detest the judas crunt. :censored:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nice to see BT have a female presenter plus Karen Carney outnumbering Mr Potato Head Joe Cole. Can't wait for the half time insight....

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:14 pm
Nice to see BT have a female presenter plus Karen Carney outnumbering Mr Potato Head Joe Cole. Can't wait for the half time insight....
6.15pm or sorry 6.16pm kick off on Sunday evening adds to the Modern Football Bol***s of this.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:05 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
6.15pm or sorry 6.16pm kick off on Sunday evening adds to the Modern Football Bol***s of this.
Gillingham v West Ham should only be shown on ITV7 at 10.30am on a Tuesday.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nothing existed before the Premier league

Historic great grounds now replaced with souless conceret bowls that all look the same

Fucking players rolling in agony at the slighest touch

Players trying to get others booked or sent off

Wankers going to the game just to put it on facebook or whatever....

Tourists taking selfies

foreign ownership of our clubs, just as an investment or vanity project

Some (not all) women commenators screaming with shrill voices when a goal is scored and spouting pre rehearsed stats every minute

VAR - a disaster for the game

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Bradywasking wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
this is a great article on how the kick off times have ruined the FA Cup
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... fs-wembley

if there had been more 3pm Saturday kick offs I might have shown more interest this weekend.
as it is I hardly bothered with it - diluted crap basically.
the magic of the Cup in the past was always because out of that mass of shit games in round 3 there were always one or two that would stand out.
now it just seems a pointless borefest.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:09 am

Historic great grounds now replaced with souless conceret bowls that all look the same

Tourists taking selfies

Some (not all) women commenators screaming with shrill voices when a goal is scored and spouting pre rehearsed stats every minute

:rubchin: .....we've never had it so good ?? :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Redarmy wrote:

Tourists taking selfies

Agree with all those RA - well said my man!

Speaking of shrill voices ... for those who cant decide what they like the most out of AFTV and the promotion of women's football, you will be pleased to know there is now an AFTV womens channel just been launched so you can enjoy both :lol: 8) I am so glad YouTube recommended it to me :roll: :banghead:

Talking of YouTube recommendations ... I do watch a lot of old football on there. But is it too much to ask that they do not just assume I am interested in every single new fucking football video made? Especially all the Liverpool stuff :banghead: Off the top of my head my recommended list includes: Anfield's redevelopment, When Crouch met Klopp, a video of SteviefuckingG returning to Melwood ... and some bullshit with Carragher driving around the streets of Merseyside with Trent Babyface-Arnold or whatever he's called :banghead: Please eff the fuck off!

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:57 am
Bradywasking wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
this is a great article on how the kick off times have ruined the FA Cup
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... fs-wembley

if there had been more 3pm Saturday kick offs I might have shown more interest this weekend.
as it is I hardly bothered with it - diluted crap basically.
the magic of the Cup in the past was always because out of that mass of shit games in round 3 there were always one or two that would stand out.
now it just seems a pointless borefest.
Good article Rob, thanks for posting. Its actually a year old I think but of course everything said was even more a feature this year.

What I noticed most just from watching the goals round up was the thousands of empty seats at games. Entire stands were empty that are normally full (at Southampton for example). FA 3rd round day used to be massive but clubs treat it like a chore and fans are understandably turned off by that. A competition loses credibility when many of those competing are not even trying their best to win it.

And aside from how disgraceful the demise of the FA cup is - another thing that pisses me off is the hypocrisy of the FA and TV people. They trade off the competitions tradition and its history but both are to blame for ruining the cup by not honouring those traditions :roll: FA Cup coverage now is just a sea of cliches and a complete desperation to contrive some drama out of the slightest thing. It is appalling.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:29 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Tourists taking selfies

Speaking of shrill voices ... for those who cant decide what they like the most out of AFTV and the promotion of women's football, you will be pleased to know there is now an AFTV womens channel just been launched so you can enjoy both :lol: 8) I am so glad YouTube recommended it to me :roll: :banghead:

Talking of YouTube recommendations ... I do watch a lot of old football on there. But is it too much to ask that they do not just assume I am interested in every single new fucking football video made? Especially all the Liverpool stuff :banghead: Off the top of my head my recommended list includes: Anfield's redevelopment, When Crouch met Klopp, a video of SteviefuckingG returning to Melwood ... and some bullshit with Carragher driving around the streets of Merseyside with Trent Babyface-Arnold or whatever he's called :banghead: Please eff the fuck off!
Did they recommend the Slippy G video of him (cough allegedly) paying one criminal scumbag to go talk another criminal scumbag out of putting a bullet in Slippy G? Did they recommend that one? Huh? No? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:29 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Tourists taking selfies

Did they recommend the Slippy G video of him (cough allegedly) paying one criminal scumbag to go talk another criminal scumbag out of putting a bullet in Slippy G? Did they recommend that one? Huh? No? :lol: