Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xgtdec

Re: Modern Football Bo**cks

Post by xgtdec »

One of my favorite hobbies is to make sure i go out of my way to not use a woman's double barrel name...it drives them absolutely spare!!

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Anyway back to the subject of the thread. Ray Wilkin's xenophobia ..Live on SSN last night..does this man ever tire of his English are best crusade..?
[/quote]

Include Danny Mills in that! Another complete little Englander xenophobe! On Sunday, after the Under 20s win the Junior World Cup, he was spouting on about how all young players should choose playing for England over any African countries because it's a 'proper' nation and the Euros are a proper tournament compared to the African Cup of Nations. Prick ofvthe highest order! No wonder this country voted for Brexit!

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

goonertux wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:39 pm
Anyway back to the subject of the thread. Ray Wilkin's xenophobia ..Live on SSN last night..does this man ever tire of his English are best crusade..?
Include Danny Mills in that! Another complete little Englander xenophobe! On Sunday, after the Under 20s win the Junior World Cup, he was spouting on about how all young players should choose playing for England over any African countries because it's a 'proper' nation and the Euros are a proper tournament compared to the African Cup of Nations. Prick ofvthe highest order! No wonder this country voted for Brexit!
[/quote]

Two words for Danny Mills,Thierry Henry.
Another two,Fuck Off.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:52 pm
goonertux wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:21 pm

Dare I suggest it's a generation of young players whose parents aren't married?????
Possibly. :rubchin:

I know in certain parts of inner-city Dublin it's become a particularly emabarrassing modern phenomenon. You get kids called things like Chardonnay Murphy-Ryan... :oops: :roll: :lol: :wink:
That does make sense... i'm from a civilised part of the country (lake district, cumbria) and double barrel names are a rarity.

That said, most of our sheep have double barrel surnames...? :shock: :?

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

goonertux wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:39 pm
Yes, I heard that.
The point was the amount of players who could still play for Nigeria or England in the full National team, and he mentioned that Nigeria has less of a chance of winning the World Cup than England.

Brazil 2014, the latest World Cup...

England Group Stage, Played 3, Drew 1, Lost 2, knocked out without a whimper.
Nigeria Group Stage, Played 3 , Won 1 drew 1 lost 1, got out of the group stages, and then lost to France in the round of 16

:rubchin:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 12:14 pm
Sheep-like moron fans that think supporting the manager equates to supporting the team. :|
Sheep-like moron fans that think criticising the manager makes you a "traitor" :oops: :roll:
Idiots that say things like "Arsene IS Arsenal" :censored:
Fat bald football fans. One is bad enough, but BOTH?! Seriously, if you are a fat baldy, then at least try and change what you can and make a fucking effort on the tubbiness and get in the gym. :lol: :wink:
:cry: that's me .......that's cruel ."........

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

John Stones being considered a midfield option for England.

Isn't it about time another young English defender came along to be wildly christened from all corners as future England captain / World Cup winner / Bobby Moore reincarnated? Phil Jones and Chambers haven't quite lived up to wild expectations...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

greengooner wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:52 pm
goonertux wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:21 pm
NickF wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:05 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:02 am

Also, cúnts with double barrel surnames. :oops: :roll: :censored:
Watching the England u20 final yesterday, it seemed that most of the team have double barrel surnames (including our own Maitland-Niles).
Looks like you are going to have to get used to it. :wink:
Dare I suggest it's a generation of young players whose parents aren't married?????
Possibly. :rubchin:

I know in certain parts of inner-city Dublin it's become a particularly emabarrassing modern phenomenon. You get kids called things like Chardonnay Murphy-Ryan... :oops: :roll: :lol: :wink:
named after the reason for the pregnancy....chardonay
:lol:

If it was that, the little toe-rag would be called "Cider". :lol: :wink:

Redarmy

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Redarmy »

THEO fucking Walcott.....

Posted video of himself doing press ups saying how he has to keep fit for the new season, shame theres no football anywhere in sight......

All thats wrong about modern footballers, the posing posturing over paid tossers......

saying all the right things off the pitch but on it saying nothing...shallow image and PR

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:37 pm
One of my favorite hobbies is to make sure i go out of my way to not use a woman's double barrel name...it drives them absolutely spare!!
Great minds, mate! :barscarf: :lol: I too take great pleasure in using only one of their names. :lol: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:43 am
THEO fucking Walcott.....

Posted video of himself doing press ups saying how he has to keep fit for the new season, shame theres no football anywhere in sight......

All thats wrong about modern footballers, the posing posturing over paid tossers......

saying all the right things off the pitch but on it saying nothing...shallow image and PR
Jesus - NO!!! :shock: Don't let him near the ball, that's what causes all his problems ffs! :banghead: :lol:

But yeah, he is the consumate modern young professional footballer - and I mean those words as an insult. Typical of his ilk, he is all talk and no walk, all pussy and no vagina. :roll: :wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

theo walcott in general tbh...

man has been made a millionaire and he has contributed very little in 11 years here.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:48 pm
theo walcott in general tbh...

man has been made a millionaire and he has contributed very little in 11 years here.
He makes my acid level go up a couple of points on the ph scale.

:cussing:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Rugby Gooner

The Minutes Silence Thing

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Back in the day,you used to be asked to observe " a minutes silence" once in maybe 3-4 years,usually for a Football icon,or a FIFA/UEFA official.or a Head of State.
Now it seems as if no matchday experience is complete without participating in one.
The TV close-up,and the selfie opportunity have become an integral part of the "Day Out."
Unfortunately this has diluted what was a genuine show of respect,into simply a show. :banghead: