Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:25 am
Alex fucking Scott. :censored: :roll:

Not content with pouring out her fucking inane cliché riddled horseshit as a token pundit, this vapid empty bitch is now a sidekick to dizzy cùnt Chris "please daddy look at me" Kamara on Goals On Sunday AND is apparently going to be on some dancing related cuntfest of a reality show. :oops: :roll:

Jesus the career planning meeting her manager and agent had must have been a blast....

"Well she is braindead but unlike most ex-Lezzerball players she at least actually looks like a woman so let's jump on this current snowfkake generation's obsession with pc tokenism and market the living shit out of her to Sky. If they don't bite, we play the double whammy racism and sexism cards".

Wànkers. :censored:
Couldnt agree more mate!

I sometimes feel I'm being harsh mentioning her because she is a nice enough girl but fuck me you cannot escape her! Being nice doesnt mean you are owed anything!

I've lost count on the number of things I've seen her on! Some are not remotely connected with football though.

She'll be reading the fucking news next doing one of those travel documentary things :banghead:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

this is a prime example of the worst of modern football :
Italian champions Juventus have called on Serie A to schedule more early kick-offs to help the club grow in Asia.

Juve are below last season's Premier League top six clubs in revenue and see China as a major area for growth.

The Serie A season begins on Saturday, and every game in the first two weeks starts at midnight or later in Beijing.

"We have to find the right balance between domestic and global audiences," Juventus chief revenue officer Giorgio Ricci told BBC Sport.

"It is not just about the broadcasting times, it is also about the rights distribution and who is showing the games.

note the complete lack of the mention of the words 'fans' and 'our season ticket holders' :banghead:

so bugger the fact that for a hundred years or so Serie A games Start at 5pm or 7.45pm on Sunday, and its an part of their country's culture to go to Sunday lunch or dinner and then go to the Game or have friends and family around at home to eat and then watch the game after round the set :cussing:

it strikes me that more and more that our clubs are becoming media content providers and less representative sporting organizations.

I hope the Turin fans treat this as it deserves. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:09 pm
Italian champions Juventus have called on Serie A to schedule more early kick-offs to help the club grow in Asia.

Juve are below last season's Premier League top six clubs in revenue and see China as a major area for growth.

The Serie A season begins on Saturday, and every game in the first two weeks starts at midnight or later in Beijing.

"We have to find the right balance between domestic and global audiences," Juventus chief revenue officer Giorgio Ricci told BBC Sport.

"It is not just about the broadcasting times, it is also about the rights distribution and who is showing the games.

note the complete lack of the mention of the words 'fans' and 'our season ticket holders' :banghead:

so bugger the fact that for a hundred years or so Serie A games Start at 5pm or 7.45pm on Sunday, and its an part of their country's culture to go to Sunday lunch or dinner and then go to the Game or have friends and family around at home to eat and then watch the game after round the set :cussing:

it strikes me that more and more that our clubs are becoming media content providers and less representative sporting organizations.

It sickens me when I hear clubs use terms like "global audience" and "customers" and "our brand".

Modern football is getting harder and harder to enjoy every season. The game we all loved has gotten so shit in so many ways it's depressing tbh. :|

Clash

Post by Clash »

clockender1 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:09 pm

Not good to read that because there is something depressingly inevitable about all this. Paying fans who attend game are, as always, the last to be considered and as you point out clockender, even the long standing fans watching at home are sliding further down the list of priorities.

What I find frustrating is that we (as fans) do not collectively use the power we have to put a halt to all this nonsense.

As DB10 says, it is sickening when clubs refer to football as a 'brand' and fans as 'customers' these days ... but if they're gonna do that then they should be made to realise that fans inside a ground creating the atmosphere are as much a part of the product they are selling to TV as anything else is. With no fans, you would not have a product most people would bother to even watch, never mind pay for!

Take the crowd away and you've basically got park football, which you can watch for free. So why are we allowing ourselves to be exploited, taken for granted and charged an absolute fortune, when we are a massive and crucial part of the attraction to TV execs etc?

I'm not saying fans should be paid to be there but we are the only ones who are not paid to be there! And to repeat, without us nobody else there, be it players, officials, media, stewards etc. would be getting paid either.

Of course I say all this having just shelled out another grand for a ST knowing full well I will be pissed around with inconvenient kick-off times all season :roll: :banghead:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Italian fans are notoriously fickle ( the Spanish too) if they feel slighted or they are not getting VFM, that's why sometimes their cup game are played in front of 10,000 fans in a 70,000 stadium :lol:

i would not be surprised to see this backfire spectacularly as the Milanese and Torino's etc decide they'd rather stay home and have lunch, for all but the Derby or Title games :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:47 pm
Italian fans are notoriously fickle ( the Spanish too) if they feel slighted or they are not getting VFM, that's why sometimes their cup game are played in front of 10,000 fans in a 70,000 stadium :lol:

i would not be surprised to see this backfire spectacularly as the Milanese and Torino's etc decide they'd rather stay home and have lunch, for all but the Derby or Title games :rubchin:
They also have a notoriously "proactive" :wink:
set of ultras attached to each club that don't stand for the kind of shit most fans stand for. Players have been slapped at training grounds for letting the team and fans down. Wonder how they'll react to this? :D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:28 am
This is not just modern football as such but modern society too - the definite increase of double-barrelled surnames that are around!

It is a mouthful for commentators. it can be irritating to listen to and a pain to type them out as well.

And it's largely because modern certain women think they're making some kind of stand by keeping their name! Well guess what sweetheart, you now have two male names instead of one because the one you have kept is your dads name and not a female name!

Sorry to go off topic but lets look at what the typical man gives up when he gets married:
Freedom
Hobbies
Friends
Time
Money
Dreams
And in extreme cases, a house, life-savings and the kids

And yet despite the above sacrifices, a growing number of women (who lets be honest gain far more than they lose when they get married) are not even prepared to give up their surname in return.

Absolute bollocks :banghead:

While your posts are always excellent Clash, I'm afraid that I must find fault with this one.

You have overlooked the single most important thing that men give up when they get married.......SEX !! 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

could be the end for Bury FC.

OK so they are a smallish club nowadays but they are 2 times FA Cup winners.
sad to see

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:56 pm

sad to see
All it would take is a 1% transfer tax on all deals between English clubs to go into a fund to be equally distributed between league 1 and league 2 clubs and they would have enough to survive.
It doesn’t stop clubs overspending or being badly run though.

More to follow in the years to come probably.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:28 pm

You have overlooked the single most important thing that men give up when they get married.......SEX !! 8)
haha yes you're exactly right Retro :lol:

History must be littered with cases of men thinking marriage meant sex on tap when instead it meant having to work even harder to get it ( or earn it :roll: ) than ever before! It now makes sense why women and society shame men who are young, free and single. They could not allow us to know how much of a good thing we had going on 8)

Clash

Post by Clash »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:01 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

sad to see
All it would take is a 1% transfer tax on all deals between English clubs to go into a fund to be equally distributed between league 1 and league 2 clubs and they would have enough to survive.

Agreed Stuart!

I dont know how much of this might be self-inflicted ... probably massively their own fault .... but I cant help thinking of all the money that has been diverted to the womens game (aka Lezzerball :D ) that could have helped clubs like this instead.

NickF

Post by NickF »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:01 am
Gunner Rob wrote:

sad to see

Not really sure what a tax would achieve, if a club is going to overspend chasing a dream then giving them extra money isn't going to make a difference.

Feel for the Bury supporters and the creditors who gave them services in good faith. Read that their debts for wages, HMRC and pensions was 1.3m and their income was 180k. No business can survive that.

I don't wish to sound harsh, all this talk of the premier league should bail them out is a joke. That is just carte blanche to overspend.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:39 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:28 pm

haha yes you're exactly right Retro :lol:

History must be littered with cases of men thinking marriage meant sex on tap when instead it meant having to work even harder to get it ( or earn it :roll: ) than ever before! It now makes sense why women and society shame men who are young, free and single. They could not allow us to know how much of a good thing we had going on 8)
Your mistake is marrying Ingerlish women. By the time you lads marry them some Oirish bloke has banged them to the extent they have nothing left but a broken catflap for a vagina and they have been literally "sexed out".

Sorry guys. :(

:shock:

:lol: :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From BBC site,

Uefa Player of the Year: Lucy Bronze and Virgil van Dijk win awards

bunch

Post by bunch »

I am confused. Did you mean Lucy the Dijk won bronze and was awarded a year supply of Virgisil? To keep her hou-ha clean, like.