Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:17 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:59 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:57 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:33 pm
"Game management" or "in game management"

If ever the Bluffers Guide to Football was released, this bullshit phrase should be the first chapter. For the first 40 years of my life I never heard the fucking phrase mentioned once. Now every single thicko pundit from Lily Savage to Danny Fuckwit Murphy trips it out every time a team loses a lead or a defender makes a mistake.

Here's a tip - it doesn't make you sound intelligent. It makes you sound like Joey Essex tasting a fine wine......

I thought "game management" was simply conveyed by the captain, manager or resident hardman giving two or three finger taps to his temple while looking around at the rest of his team. Frequently administered after your team have scored a goal for fear of conceding a quick equaliser. Clearly this practice has disappeared from the bowl as we have none of the personnel required to carry out this practice.

We also have no one with anything on the other side of their own temporal bone, with which to decipher the meaning of the Captain's / Manager's finger tap.

As for the one undertaking the finger tap to his temple, there'd simply be a loud, echoey "boing" resonating around the stadium, much like the sound of a large empty urn being struck.

I believe that in Granit Xhaka's case, the sound was reminiscent of Big Ben tolling......it's why he rarely headed the ball.
:lol: :lol:

Probably why his childhood nickname was "Clang". :D

:lol:

Yep, exactly right and it morphed to "Clanger", when he started to play football and began making all those dodgy passes. :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

If ever the Bluffers Guide to Football was released, this bullshit phrase should be the first chapter. For the first 40 years of my life I never heard the fucking phrase mentioned once. Now every single thicko pundit from Lily Savage to Danny Fuckwit Murphy trips it out every time a team loses a lead or a defender makes a mistake.

Here's a tip - it doesn't make you sound intelligent. It makes you sound like Joey Essex tasting a fine wine......

I thought "game management" was simply conveyed by the captain, manager or resident hardman giving two or three finger taps to his temple while looking around at the rest of his team. Frequently administered after your team have scored a goal for fear of conceding a quick equaliser. Clearly this practice has disappeared from the bowl as we have none of the personnel required to carry out this practice.

We also have no one with anything on the other side of their own temporal bone, with which to decipher the meaning of the Captain's / Manager's finger tap.

As for the one undertaking the finger tap to his temple, there'd simply be a loud, echoey "boing" resonating around the stadium, much like the sound of a large empty urn being struck.

I believe that in Granit Xhaka's case, the sound was reminiscent of Big Ben tolling......it's why he rarely headed the ball.

Like it. I clearly hadn't thought through the knock on effect at our place of the finger tap and how badly it would go if tried by the current crop.

As an aside, isn't uncanny how boing and booing are so close in their spelling :rubchin: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:47 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Like it. I clearly hadn't thought through the knock on effect at our place of the finger tap and how badly it would go if tried by the current crop.

As an aside, isn't uncanny how boing and booing are so close in their spelling :rubchin: :lol:

An odd paradoxical parallel to the fact that "Xhaka" and "Cùnt" mean exactly the same thing.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:50 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

An odd paradoxical parallel to the fact that "Xhaka" and "Cùnt" mean exactly the same thing.

Unbelievable. This gets weirder - did you know that in Swiss (if they actually had their own language :lol: ) Xhaka would be the word for cu.nt

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:50 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Unbelievable. This gets weirder - did you know that in Swiss (if they actually had their own language :lol: ) Xhaka would be the word for cu.nt

Even weirder.....they mean exactly the same thing in ANY language. It's a universal truth. :proudtosay: :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clash wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:21 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: very true mate.

There’s also a few other trendy new words or phrases doing the rounds:

Coping with being closed down is now called ‘’beating the press’’. Simply having well trained defenders who know how to defend isn’t sufficient ... now you have to be ‘’resolute’’ as well. Instead of players trying extra hard to impress a newly appointed manager, thus creating a sudden improvement in results, it’s really the ‘’new manager bounce’’ :roll:

Also nobody toughens up anymore, they ‘’man up’’ . And just turning up somewhere isn’t enough either, it seems you have to ‘’rock up’’ these days :wink:
"Setting your stall out" seems to be another favourite - usually dished out when you've kept a clean sheet!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Well kids you didn't think the manufactured shit that is SlySports transfer window and deadline day hysteria could get any worse did you?

You were fucking wrong. So wrong. :roll:

On top of the fucking arsehole white haired northern Irish arsehole and his arsehole mobile phone this year they've added "influencers" into the mix. Yes not only do we get the utter shit that are their SlySports "experts" and pundits and broke but will suck cock for money ex-fooblers, we now also get braindead arseholes off the interwebs. :censored:

Football is fucking dead. :cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Back to the topic of "game management", I was getting in the Christmas spirit last night watching the darts, when expert pundit Rod Harrington bemoaned one of the players in the Chisnall v Van Zwaan match for their lack of "board management" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Its a pub game played at 100 miles per hour you fucking clown, not a game of fucking chess

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

I’m sure it’s been mentioned before but “expected goals”

WTF you might as well call it fluffed chances or something it’s a complete load of tosh

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:28 pm

WTF you might as well call it fluffed chances or something it’s a complete load of tosh
Wasn't it Wenger that first came out with that little pearl of wisdom? Or am I slipping into "blame everything from the Biblical plague to the Asian tsunami on Wenger" territory here....? :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:20 am
StuartL wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:28 pm

Wasn't it Wenger that first came out with that little pearl of wisdom? Or am I slipping into "blame everything from the Biblical plague to the Asian tsunami on Wenger" territory here....? :lol:
Oh yes definitely his fault, along with “contact” being enough to justify a forward going down in the box.

Oh and while I’m on a roll (rant) Arteta has already mentioned a f**king handbrake ! :banghead: :evil:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

So we all get to start our FA cup matches at stupid times so we can be force fed some film clip narrated by HRH Prince Willie.

I am not trying to degrade the subject matter of mental health for one moment but why not show it at the end of the game.

If it's too important to be shown at the end of the game when those who don't wish to watch it can fu.ck off then there is an element of football being hi-jacked for third party purposes as far as I'm concerned.

If football is deemed an important vehicle in order to reach a substantial audience then why the fu.ck doesn't our so called national broadcaster consider it important enough to sink a few quid into. Why not actually invest some of our licence fee to secure some regular live football on the telly. I think they stretched to show the merseyside derby this weekend - there's a shock they chose the victims match. BT pay about £300M per season for their PL deal so I think it's fair to say the beeb could afford a few quid out of the c£3.5bn in fees they rake in, unchallenged, every year. Cu.nts.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:54 am
Back to the topic of "game management", I was getting in the Christmas spirit last night watching the darts, when expert pundit Rod Harrington bemoaned one of the players in the Chisnall v Van Zwaan match for their lack of "board management" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Its a pub game played at 100 miles per hour you fucking clown, not a game of fucking chess
at the highest level you have to think ahead quickly though.
darts players arent as slow and as drunk as they were back in the day.

the winner this year got £500,000 - hardly a pub game anymore

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:27 pm
So we all get to start our FA cup matches at stupid times so we can be force fed some film clip narrated by HRH Prince Willie.

I am not trying to degrade the subject matter of mental health for one moment but why not show it at the end of the game.

If it's too important to be shown at the end of the game when those who don't wish to watch it can fu.ck off then there is an element of football being hi-jacked for third party purposes as far as I'm concerned.

If football is deemed an important vehicle in order to reach a substantial audience then why the fu.ck doesn't our so called national broadcaster consider it important enough to sink a few quid into. Why not actually invest some of our licence fee to secure some regular live football on the telly. I think they stretched to show the merseyside derby this weekend - there's a shock they chose the victims match. BT pay about £300M per season for their PL deal so I think it's fair to say the beeb could afford a few quid out of the c£3.5bn in fees they rake in, unchallenged, every year. Cu.nts.
I'm not going to be as polite as you Jock. It's a load of old bollocks is what it is. The video they released is so packed full of megacùnts I thought it was an advert for vaginal lube. :roll: :censored:

No mark attention-whores like Alex fucking Scott and Chris "please hug me daddy" Kamara and ubercunts like Lingard and his rapey face are all over the fucking thing. :censored:

Just another feelgood self-congratulatory pc box ticking exercise by cùnts mostly. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Too harsh? :lol:

Fuck em. :censored:

:wink: