Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:32 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:43 pm
Sol's "PL Legends" episode is painful viewing. :oops: :lol:

He comes across as some bastardized hybrid of Alan Partridge, Graham LeSaux, Piers Morgan and Garth Crooks. :shock: :lol:

And if that aint a compendium of complete cùnts I don't know what is. :wink:
:D :D

I dont know if I am right about this but on one of those programmes I recall Sol, when asked what it was like to play with Thierry Henry said '' ask Thierry what it was like to play with Sol Campbell'' :roll:

Please tell me I imagined this ... :banghead: ...
Yep he actually said that. :oops: :lol: Madder than a box of frogs off their tits on crack. :mrgreen:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bottle job French cunnts virtually throwing big games and big leads with their arrogance and complacency!

Weasel faced Norwegian cheats!

Pink kits!

V A fucking R stinking the place out with its farcical interference that is making the game fucking WORSE!!! :banghead:

Biased commentary in CL games taking the decision to assume we're all backing the English teams! FUCK OFF!

That nomark cunnt and ex- ref Peter fuckign Walton who BT have dragged from obscurity to give his wishy-washy ''havent got a clue about football'' views !

Liverpool and Spurs (no titles between in the last 29 years) in a fucking Champions League!

Fuck modern football :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

It really is bollocks, if we don't get in the CL next season I fear we'll be out of the top 4 for many, many years, wiggy aint financing a rebuild and watching us huff and puff to 6th place season after season is about as attractive as Susan Boyle's uglier sister.

:roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:21 pm
Bottle job French cunnts virtually throwing big games and big leads with their arrogance and complacency!

Weasel faced Norwegian cheats!

Pink kits!

V A fucking R stinking the place out with its farcical interference that is making the game fucking WORSE!!! :banghead:

Biased commentary in CL games taking the decision to assume we're all backing the English teams! FUCK OFF!

That nomark cunnt and ex- ref Peter fuckign Walton who BT have dragged from obscurity to give his wishy-washy ''havent got a clue about football'' views !

Liverpool and Spurs (no titles between in the last 29 years) in a fucking Champions League!

Fuck modern football :banghead:
Haha that bit in red makes the scum sound a lot less total shit than they actually are!

The scum might now put out a DVD titled "Sp*rs and Liverpool - a League Winner in the last 30 years".

:D

And yep totally agree on VAR. A fucking joke concept that is starting to turn football into a shit stop/start slow load of old bollocks just like the homoerotic game of rugby. :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I see the US womens sawker team have just about achieved their push for parity with the men. To include any payments / bonuses and also business class travel when representing their country :shock:

No doubt this will follow very quickly here and given that the FA receives about £30M a year in tax payers money there will be no argument that there has to be equality over use of public money (even though womens football is shite and no fucker watches it) :roll:

I wonder how many watched the women's world cup......the headline figure for 2015 is 750 million people. Wow, thought I, surely not. Well read on and you discover that figure is for the whole tournament and not just the final. Read a bit further and the next qualifying statement is that these numbers watched at least ONE minute of football and when you look for those who stuck with the soccer fest for more than THREE minutes of viewing (more than I have ever achieved) then the number for the whole tournament drops to 555 million. This figure is up a third on Germany 2011 so the powers that be are delighted. I'd love to know the numbers who watched more than 60 mins :lol:

The mens club game is still run by free market forces BUT there are going to be some changes in the coming years :rubchin:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:34 am
I see the US womens sawker team have just about achieved their push for parity with the men. To include any payments / bonuses and also business class travel when representing their country :shock:

No doubt this will follow very quickly here and given that the FA receives about £30M a year in tax payers money there will be no argument that there has to be equality over use of public money (even though womens football is shite and no fucker watches it) :roll:

I wonder how many watched the women's world cup......the headline figure for 2015 is 750 million people. Wow, thought I, surely not. Well read on and you discover that figure is for the whole tournament and not just the final. Read a bit further and the next qualifying statement is that these numbers watched at least ONE minute of football and when you look for those who stuck with the soccer fest for more than THREE minutes of viewing (more than I have ever achieved) then the number for the whole tournament drops to 555 million. This figure is up a third on Germany 2011 so the powers that be are delighted. I'd love to know the numbers who watched more than 60 mins :lol:

The mens club game is still run by free market forces BUT there are going to be some changes in the coming years :rubchin:
Great post mate. There is a clear agenda to push the women's game on us whether we want it or not. Its becoming socially unacceptable to criticise it. Its on a par with kicking a child's sandcastle over or telling them the drawing they did for you is rubbish!

And the whole thing is the wrong way round. If it grows and becomes popular on its own merits then by all means reward them and promote them. What they're doing though is rewarding them and promoting in order for it to become popular.

Steph Hougton was on BT sport last night after the Man city game and one of the things she claimed was a sign of progress was that the City women's team now got priority over the Man city youth team if there was a clash with the pitches. WTF are City doing? Those boys could potentially be first team players in the future but they're having to play second fiddle to the women's team :roll:

Unless you have been brainwashed by the propaganda, you will accept that the women's game (and this is being generous) is at the same level as schoolboy football. We probably all accept schoolboy football is shite to watch. Many of us have played it ourselves in the past and many of us have friends/family we watch playing it now. The difference is that schoolboys have the potential to grow and move up to another level. Women's football will never go up another level ... and therefore it will always be shite!

augie

Post by augie »

If things were allowed to be done properly then the English womens team wouldn't have a hope of getting parity with the mens team, purely because they don't generate as much money as the men's game does - economic reasons should (but wont) be the defining factor, otherwise why couldn't a league 2 player claim that he is entitled to the same wage as a premier league player ??
What I will add though, is that no player should be paid for representing their country - I know some people will argue that they generate money for their associations so are entitled to a slice of that pie, but I would argue that they are where they are cos of the investments those fa's make in their countries grassroots football. If players want to argue for better quality hotel's or business class flights then that I can agree with, but paying multi millionaires to represent their countries should not happen.
Btw I THINK that womens football is still bigger in the usa than mens football - if that is the case then they are right to fight for parity

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:22 pm
If things were allowed to be done properly then the English womens team wouldn't have a hope of getting parity with the mens team, purely because they don't generate as much money as the men's game does - economic reasons should (but wont) be the defining factor, otherwise why couldn't a league 2 player claim that he is entitled to the same wage as a premier league player ??
What I will add though, is that no player should be paid for representing their country - I know some people will argue that they generate money for their associations so are entitled to a slice of that pie, but I would argue that they are where they are cos of the investments those fa's make in their countries grassroots football. If players want to argue for better quality hotel's or business class flights then that I can agree with, but paying multi millionaires to represent their countries should not happen.
Btw I THINK that womens football is still bigger in the usa than mens football - if that is the case then they are right to fight for parity
It is indeed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:30 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

Great post mate. There is a clear agenda to push the women's game on us whether we want it or not. Its becoming socially unacceptable to criticise it. Its on a par with kicking a child's sandcastle over or telling them the drawing they did for you is rubbish!

And the whole thing is the wrong way round. If it grows and becomes popular on its own merits then by all means reward them and promote them. What they're doing though is rewarding them and promoting in order for it to become popular.

Steph Hougton was on BT sport last night after the Man city game and one of the things she claimed was a sign of progress was that the City women's team now got priority over the Man city youth team if there was a clash with the pitches. WTF are City doing? Those boys could potentially be first team players in the future but they're having to play second fiddle to the women's team :roll:

Unless you have been brainwashed by the propaganda, you will accept that the women's game (and this is being generous) is at the same level as schoolboy football. We probably all accept schoolboy football is shite to watch. Many of us have played it ourselves in the past and many of us have friends/family we watch playing it now. The difference is that schoolboys have the potential to grow and move up to another level. Women's football will never go up another level ... and therefore it will always be shite!
Post of the week. Every word mate. 8) 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The club I used to play for in South Wales had an U19s team. Two pre-seasons in a row, they played against Bristol women’s team (one of the better women’s sides who reached the FA Cup final twice around that time). We played a bunch of 16 year olds, they were halfway through the season and played a full side with a number of internationals.

Our kids beat them 12-0 across the two legs. I’ve also been to a women’s football game and it’s awful. I would get into the Wales or England women’s side in goal.

I think women’s football is fantastic, in the sense that it has brilliant participation levels and is set up with a family vibe for the games. Not my experience of going to football, but in all honesty I think it’s great - as a participation sport at grassroots level, not as an actual sporting spectacle.

Doesn’t make it any less ridiculous to suggest that there is any comparability in standards, or that there should be in terms of media coverage or finances.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

TV coverage seems to be getting worse by the week too. When it's not women being shoe-horned in to the studio to push a political agenda, or those ridiculous 'manager cam' boxes that BT seem to have up across half the screen for ten minutes, Sky now have this 'real life view' from the referee's, or goalkeeper's, positioning.

If they want to have this as part of the analysis after the game, then fine, but to use it during the match (and often times, at the expense of watching live play), is really fucking annoying. Also, it seems pointless - it just showed a still image from De Gea's position when the ball was struck, and that was it. It's not sophisticated enough to keep the angle while the ball is then moving. Obviously because the ball swerved so much, it was all totally meaningless and didn't offer any insight at all.
Last edited by VoiceOfReason on Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Double-post fail in the house.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:30 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

Well put, those couple of lines, that's it in a nutshell. They are putting the cart before the horse.

Interesting to hear the story about the Citeh youth team, I hadn't heard that one......that's friggin mental.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Jordan Pickford....so annoying & so overrated, continually engaging and trying to wind up the opposition fans........well how did that work out for you on the weekend up at Newcastle son?

How he got away with that tackle that bordered on assault is staggering. Wasn't even booked :shock: :shock: :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]