Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:30 am
Throw-ins and a tweak to the offside law that would benefit attackers are just two of the latest ideas Wenger has had on how to bring his vision for football to life.

'I would like to change the throw-in rule: five minutes before the end, a throw-in for you should be an advantage, but in these situations you are facing 10 outfield players in play, whilst you only have nine,' Wenger told L'Equipe.

'Stats show that in eight out of 10 of those throw-in situations, you lose the ball.

'In your half of the pitch, you should have the possibility to take a kick instead.'

On set pieces, Wenger wants the taker to be able to touch a free kick more than once and allow out-swinging corners to go out of play behind the goal before coming back onto the field.

'We are also considering other things: a corner that goes out of play and comes back in could be made valid, this would create new goal-scoring opportunities,' Wenger added.

'There is also the option of quickly playing a free-kick to yourself.'

Someone please remove this fool from our game!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ktop_sport

I imagine that they have him in a room down in the basement of FIFA headquarters letting him think he's doing great things for the game

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:11 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:30 am
Throw-ins and a tweak to the offside law that would benefit attackers are just two of the latest ideas Wenger has had on how to bring his vision for football to life.

'I would like to change the throw-in rule: five minutes before the end, a throw-in for you should be an advantage, but in these situations you are facing 10 outfield players in play, whilst you only have nine,' Wenger told L'Equipe.

'Stats show that in eight out of 10 of those throw-in situations, you lose the ball.

'In your half of the pitch, you should have the possibility to take a kick instead.'

On set pieces, Wenger wants the taker to be able to touch a free kick more than once and allow out-swinging corners to go out of play behind the goal before coming back onto the field.

'We are also considering other things: a corner that goes out of play and comes back in could be made valid, this would create new goal-scoring opportunities,' Wenger added.

'There is also the option of quickly playing a free-kick to yourself.'

Someone please remove this fool from our game!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ktop_sport

I imagine that they have him in a room down in the basement of FIFA headquarters letting him think he's doing great things for the game
:lol:

"Yes yes that's right Arsene. We have implemented your latest genius idea. Yes yes 15 passes in a row is now counted as an extra goal yes yes." :lol:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

You may have Sky, BT sport and Amazon accounts, you may have paid for club season tickets you've not been able to use and you may have paid for club membership but now the PL is going to want nearly fifteen quid if you want to watch matches that weren't scheduled for live broadcast. If this happens (at that cost) then pay per view will become a thing when all this pandemic thing is over.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

When I heard the fee of £14.95 I thought it was per month of your teams matches, but PER MATCH!!! Absolute farce.

I can't even say it is down to greed because it is beyond ridiculous for the premier league to even suggest it, but they have. I'm sure they have good intention for the clubs with the money going to the participating clubs. It was only a matter of time this was going to happen. We have PPV for boxing that could last 1 minute or 45 minutes, so for a 95 minute football match then in entertainment value terms it is relatively cheap.

Would I pay £14.95 to watch Arsenal vs Burnley from the comfort of my armchair? Probably, if was not on elsewhere. Given that I've paid 3 times more (includes ticket, travel and food) to watch Arsenal on cold mid week night at Stoke , it doesn't seem that much.
Saying that, I don't have an armchair, my lounge can get as cold as Stoke on a Wednesday night and my subscription to sky, bt sport and amazon gives many more alternatives, I probably wouldn't take the option to pay £15 to watch a mediocre game of football.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We are being robbed and shat on by the billionaire crooks that now own the game.

I've no idea who this guy is but I agree with alot of what he is bitching about in this:

https://www.justarsenal.com/we-argue-ab ... ans/260606

As for his stance on the Ozil debacle I agree with him and I'll go one further. The ones to blame for this nonsense are the club that gave a slimy Lizard like Gazidis and a past it ego maniac like Wenger the power to offer a guy coming to the end of his career 350k a week.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:19 pm
We are being robbed and shat on by the billionaire crooks that now own the game.

I've no idea who this guy is but I agree with alot of what he is bitching about in this:

https://www.justarsenal.com/we-argue-ab ... ans/260606

As for his stance on the Ozil debacle I agree with him and I'll go one further. The ones to blame for this nonsense are the club that gave a slimy Lizard like Gazidis and a past it ego maniac like Wenger the power to offer a guy coming to the end of his career 350k a week.
I would agree with him on most points too, and definitely agree with you on your point that Gazidis and Wenger are to blame for the Ozil wages situation and much more beside. I do understand that Ozil is technically correct in drawing his wages for doing nothing but I have no respect for him and his cheap publicity stunt with the guy in the stupid dinosaur outfit.
Why would a football club need a mascot when no one is at games? I would extend that to say why do Arsenal need an Americanised novelty act at all.?Or even go further and say if Arsenal needed a mascot why not something relevant to the club, like a cannon?
Anyway that is off the topic. Yes Arsenal PLC are complicit in another rip off by Premier League clubs , and they should be ashamed of themselves. Scroll through countless posts on this forum.and you recognise that we Arsenal fans are in no doubt that we are 'customers ' in a commercial venture to Stan and Son LTD. But to paint a publicity stunt by Ozil as anything more than that misses the mark big time.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:56 pm
https://www.football365.com/news/liverp ... ue-control

And so it begins
Whatever happens the Kronkes will ride on the back of it making as much as possible for as little as possible.
It is step one to the European Super League . Disappointing but not surprising idea,.the 'Super Six' want to have full control of finances for the Premier League, that is not good for competition.
The so called ' Super Six', or 'Big Six' is based on what. ? Size, stature, achievement?
Stature rules out two straight away as Chelsea and Manchester City are newly (relatively speaking) rich, so their status is based within their achievements in the last fifteen years.
Achievement,.Tottenham Hotspur? What have they achieved and when? Arsenal,? no major European title, no league title in the last 15 years. Manchester United? Failing ungracefully since 2013.Liverpool? Two major honours in 15 years, ? Maybe that is why Liverpool pushing it now, when they are at the top.
Football eating itself again...

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Giving jobs to punters who have nothing to offer but tick the pc box.

Seconds ago tom huddlestone on ssn "if it ain't broken don't try and break it" :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:13 am

Seconds ago tom huddlestone on ssn "if it ain't broken don't try and break it" :shock:
:coffeespit:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:19 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:13 am

:coffeespit:
Wise words indeed, he’s obviously not as thick as he looks

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nothing new in this I know, but the state of football "journalism" is getting worse. :roll:

This shit has the headline of "Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta hands Mesut Ozil ultimatum over Gunners future" and a subheading of
"Mikel Arteta has told Mesut Ozil that he has two months to prove himself at Arsenal"

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ure-latest

And then nowhere in that "article" is there any proof, or a direct quote, or anyfuckingthing that proves Arteta said any of that either to Ozil or in general. :roll:

It sickens me that these shit reporters are stealing a living writing any old bollocks and getting it published by advertising obsessed papers. :censored:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:21 am
Nothing new in this I know, but the state of football "journalism" is getting worse. :roll:

This shit has the headline of "Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta hands Mesut Ozil ultimatum over Gunners future" and a subheading of
"Mikel Arteta has told Mesut Ozil that he has two months to prove himself at Arsenal"

And then nowhere in that "article" is there any proof, or a direct quote, or anyfuckingthing that proves Arteta said any of that either to Ozil or in general. :roll:

It sickens me that these shit reporters are stealing a living writing any old bollocks and getting it published by advertising obsessed papers. :censored:
Most of them can't even write, they just copy and paste.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Andrew wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Very true.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:38 pm
Andrew wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Very true.

Very true.

:D :wink: