Sky TV fixture changes/weekend evening matches etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Sky TV fixture changes/weekend evening matches etc

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:32 pm
I've merged this one. Lads you don't need to start a new thread every time you have a thought ffs. Have a look on the front page and post your stuff in existing similar threads. If and I mean only if there is no thread that covers your post then fine start a new thread.
Might as well move every thread to the Wenger thread, as it always ends up being about him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:50 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
I've merged this one. Lads you don't need to start a new thread every time you have a thought ffs. Have a look on the front page and post your stuff in existing similar threads. If and I mean only if there is no thread that covers your post then fine start a new thread.
Might as well move every thread to the Wenger thread, as it always ends up being about him.
Yep. More or less.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:15 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:50 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Yep. More or less.
I'm sure lord ringpiece himself would agree wholeheartedly :barscarf: afterall he built the club :|

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

We have been informed by the Premier League that our outstanding fixture away at Leicester City will be played as under:

Leicester City v Arsenal
Wednesday 9th May 2018
Kick-off: 7.45pm

Regards,
Arsenal Football Club

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Peeman wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:41 pm
We have been informed by the Premier League that our outstanding fixture away at Leicester City will be played as under:

Leicester City v Arsenal
Wednesday 9th May 2018
Kick-off: 7.45pm

Regards,
Arsenal Football Club
This could be a 6th or 7th place play off :barscarf: #whywelefthighbury# :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

ok so this is a bit of an odd one - the last home match of the season (the big top 6 showdown v Burnley :D ) has been moved to a 4.30pm kick off on a Sunday, BUT is not being shown on SKY.

So if it is not being televised why play it so late on a Sunday ???

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 am
ok so this is a bit of an odd one - the last home match of the season (the big top 6 showdown v Burnley :D ) has been moved to a 4.30pm kick off on a Sunday, BUT is not being shown on SKY.

You sure? They've missed a trick there. :shock: They coulda run adverts with dramatic music and clips of sitters being missed and defensive howlers for "Sixth Spot Showdown Sunday!" :lol:

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 am

Overseas broadcasters prefer non televised matches to kickoff at the same time as ones on Sky so they can show simultaneously on different channels. Rather than having it kickoff at 3pm as in the past