The PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Arsenal v Sydney FC

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:07 am
I see that pre season has kicked off and appears to be live on Arsenal player.
No Sanchez in the squad. Hmmm :rubchin:

Maybe he's on holidays after playing in the confederation cup mmmm :rubchin: :wink:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Swifty wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:37 pm
That was absolute shite! 80,000 supporters and our side were hopeless. I've never heard that stadium so quiet.
sounds like a normal home league game just with 20000 extra sheep, shit performance in a ground with no atmosphere!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Sean wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:43 pm
Sounded exhilarating :yawn: :tumbleweed:

I was busy having my first job interview for five months :blah:

There was already a thread for pre-season games, you know :proudtosay:
How did it go Sean ?

Hope you get it (if you want it obviously) :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sean wrote:

How did it go mate, Let me know. PM or whatever ! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

greengooner wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:27 pm
Swifty wrote:
That was absolute shite! 80,000 supporters and our side were hopeless. I've never heard that stadium so quiet.
sounds like a normal home league game just with 20000 extra sheep, shit performance in a ground with no atmosphere!
So. Lacazette 1 in 1.

Walcott was as bad as he has ever been...truly, truly AWFUL...Get rid of the cuntage NOW. :banghead:

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

greengooner wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:27 pm
Swifty wrote:
I was in the "Arsenal Active area" :oops: and the most common chants to go up were "Stand Up if you Hate Tottenham" "What do you think of Tottenham" and even "Arsene Wenger we want you to stay", otherwise it was 90% silence
I had a jolly time singing Perry Groves World and other old classics with a few others

gp543

Re: The PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES Thread

Post by gp543 »

Not our match and not even a friendly but this is too good not to share. Neville deserves it, the fucking prick.

https://twitter.com/photosofootball/sta ... 0981100546

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sean wrote:

Sure is. 8)

Merged. Please put all pre-season friendly posts in this thread, lads. 8)

Naki_Gooner

Post by Naki_Gooner »

I don't post often at all, but like most on here am pretty disillusioned with the management of The Arsenal Football Club. I can't blame the players as I firmly believe with another manager we have a group that would be at the least competitive. I would've liked to have seen Bouldy lead the side out here (Australia) and the other preseason games, and leave Mr 30 years in London to focus on getting some proven quality in to take us from competitive to contenders. Personally Wenger wastes these opportunities preseason to cover his ineptitude by claiming how busy he is, with the away trips, instead of delegating what, to me, are nothing more than PR games. Sure it's nice to see The Arsenal come to our shores, but like all other Arsenal fans (Gooners) we want to see some intent, we want to see a serious claim for the premiership. I, just like many, can't take Mr 30 years seriously when he's swanning around down under when clearly the club has far more serious/pressing issues. I think it's more about Wengers ability as a coach than the talent/skills of the footballers. This year more than any other the spotlight will be on Mr 30 years, and I think he will be shown to be just a leetle beet passed eet. Time to move on Mr Wenger.

Sean

Post by Sean »

So is anyone bothering with this morning's friendly against Western Sydney Wanderers? :barscarf: :roll: :lol:

Kick off is just under two hours away, at 11am (UK). Sorry I fucked up the kick off times in the original post, but the ticket websites claimed a 7pm kick-off in Sydney, which would be 10am here. So if in doubt, check the website.

Getting kick-off times for most of these games abroad was more difficult that it needed to be. I'm pretty sure they even changed the day of the first friendly, as I had just coped what was there :banghead:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:37 am
Sean wrote:

Sure is. 8)

Absolutely. It's about time the :moderator: Mod Police :moderator: carried out their 'merge everything' policy 8)

:barscarf: :lol:
StuartL wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:06 pm
How did it go Sean ?

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 pm
[It went okay. Thanks lads :barscarf:

Obviously I want the job :lol: It's with my old employer, but in another department. I'm also on the reserve list for an interview in another department there. The jobhunting went off a cliff in February with no vacancies in my area and my average of one job interview per month since last August went up the swanny. The dole are going to be turning the screws on me soon anyway. I should know the outcome by next Friday. I may have an 80% chance of success as I didn't fuck it up as badly as I normally do.

It seems as though I am destined to jump from apprenticeship to apprenticeship, despite being in my thirties now. I certainly didn't fancy having to study again whilst working, but hey ho. Hopefully this one can't be worse than my last one ( :suicide: ). Fortunately they opened up the eligibility, so I could apply for another. There's another couple of jobs I have my eye on. Sadly there just aren't many jobs for asocial misanthropes like me who want to work locally, have nothing to do with the public and hate answering phones
:banghead: :lol: ]

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Sean wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:04 am
So is anyone bothering with this morning's friendly against Western Sydney Wanderers? :barscarf: :roll: :lol:

Kick off is just under two hours away, at 11am (UK). Sorry I fucked up the kick off times in the original post, but the ticket websites claimed a 7pm kick-off in Sydney, which would be 10am here. So if in doubt, check the website.

Getting kick-off times for most of these games abroad was more difficult that it needed to be. I'm pretty sure they even changed the day of the first friendly, as I had just coped what was there :banghead:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:37 am
Sean wrote:

Sure is. 8)

Absolutely. It's about time the :moderator: Mod Police :moderator: carried out their 'merge everything' policy 8)

:barscarf: :lol:
StuartL wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:06 pm
How did it go Sean ?

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 pm
[It went okay. Thanks lads :barscarf:

Obviously I want the job :lol: It's with my old employer, but in another department. I'm also on the reserve list for an interview in another department there. The jobhunting went off a cliff in February with no vacancies in my area and my average of one job interview per month since last August went up the swanny. The dole are going to be turning the screws on me soon anyway. I should know the outcome by next Friday. I may have an 80% chance of success as I didn't fuck it up as badly as I normally do.

It seems as though I am destined to jump from apprenticeship to apprenticeship, despite being in my thirties now. I certainly didn't fancy having to study again whilst working, but hey ho. Hopefully this one can't be worse than my last one ( :suicide: ). Fortunately they opened up the eligibility, so I could apply for another. There's another couple of jobs I have my eye on. Sadly there just aren't many jobs for asocial misanthropes like me who want to work locally, have nothing to do with the public and hate answering phones
:banghead: :lol: ]
Whatever the kick off time..Whatever country it's in..They will be shite...we will ve shite....game will be a pile of shite :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

So watching the match at the moment and Olly just scored, Laca went over to him to congratulate him and Olly seemed to turn his back and just walk towards other players :shock:

After Giroud seeming not to join in the celebrations when Laca scored last match i'm wondering if their is a certain atmosphere between them :rubchin:

Sean

Post by Sean »

We won 3-0 :yawn:

I tried to look for a stream, but goATDee didn't have one for the game. Whatever.

Nice to hear the ear-cupper is acting the bitch :roll:
falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:17 am
Whatever the kick off time..Whatever country it's in..They will be shite...we will ve shite....game will be a pile of shite :barscarf:
I absolutely concur, wholeheartedly 8)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

not surprised by giroud's behaviour, he's a sensitive little soul. his ear cupping antics haven't been forgotten

MrT

Post by MrT »

Wenger already playing Lacazette out of position to accommodate the donkeys :lol: