LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Re: LIVERPOOL AWAY THREAD

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

we will concede. that much is fact

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:04 pm
From the BBC:

Big team news for Arsenal - Alexis Sanchez makes his first appearance of the season. And Alexandre Lacazette drops to the bench.

Laurent Koscielny returns from suspension, taking the place of Shkodran Mustafi, who is reportedly set to join Inter Milan. The German is a substitute today.

The other change from last weekend's 1-0 defeat by Stoke sees Rob Holding replace Sead Kolasinac in defence.

That's both of the Gunners' summer signings dropped to the bench.

Arsenal XI: Cech, Koscielny, Holding, Monreal, Bellerin, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Xhaka, Ozil, Welbeck, Sanchez.

Sanchez back, Lacazette out? As always, it doesn't make sense. Spend money on a player, put him on the bench when the only decent player is back.
Punishment for Stoke......Showing the new boys that he sets a very high standard and that defeat will not be tolerated :coffeespit:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

We'll be a goal down within 5 minutes

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

From the BBC:

Big team news for Arsenal - Alexis Sanchez makes his first appearance of the season. And Alexandre Lacazette drops to the bench.

Laurent Koscielny returns from suspension, taking the place of Shkodran Mustafi, who is reportedly set to join Inter Milan. The German is a substitute today.

The other change from last weekend's 1-0 defeat by Stoke sees Rob Holding replace Sead Kolasinac in defence.

Arsenal XI: Cech, Koscielny, Holding, Monreal, Bellerin, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Xhaka, Ozil, Welbeck, Sanchez.

Sanchez back, Lacazette out? As always, it doesn't make sense. Spend money on a player, put him on the bench when the only decent player is back.
Speechless... but not surprised.
Cannot wait to see how we set up I wonder if we are reverting to 4 at the back, will make fuckall difference though... we will still leak like a fucking sieve! :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Looking at our line-up confused me? What's the plan, I thought? Then I remembered we never have one.

silus

Post by silus »

That should do both the new boys confidence the world of good :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Midweek ..." I am happy with my signings.."
Weekend ...Drops both of his new signings in what is in theory our first game against our challengers.

Blames and drops Holding for Leicester goals then puts him straight back in...
Arsene Knows

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Oxlade will probably be on the left this week with Bellerin on the right.

Cannot understand Lacazette not starting.

It is just baffling.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

From the BBC:

It's pointless trying to understand wenger's reasoning or tactics for his decisions and team selections because the cuntslop is infuckinsane. :banghead: :?

Midz

Post by Midz »

Totally baffled by his selection although he's such a wanker I'm hardly surprised.

Actually, that's not true. I'm very surprised.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Liverpool team surprising as well

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Dodgy selection yet again, sead should be at left wing back and belerin on the right, square pegs in square holes. Why do need to shoe horn the ox into the team when he wants out?, he doesn't look like he's going to change his mind. Welbeck is gash, full stop, laca needs games to settle in so we drop him?, crazy shit from le tool, maybe it'll work for him but I doubt it,

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

CUCKOO CUCKOO CUCKOO

markyp

Post by markyp »

the selection is such because of transfer deadline day,he has to play alexis and ox to show they are part of his plans,lacas going nowhere so he can be dropped,wengers a crunt

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

You just know we'll probably be out of this game by half time,still,Arsene knows best