KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Non flying Dutchman

Re: The Board

Post by Non flying Dutchman »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:43 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:30 pm
This feels like the worst day in the history of the Club.
My pre season optimism and enthusiasm has been drained out of me -

our values have been replaced by 💵 our self professed custodians replaced by a opportunist money maker, our home replaced by a soulless bowl, our historic crest replaced by a cartoon, our loyal and passionate fans replaced by selfie taking tourists - all in the space of 12 years.

I don’t think there is anything left of what used to be Arsenal.

Sums it up perfectly

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:55 am
Josh Kroenke expected to take over from Gazidis.

Oh dear....this is a guy who has no knowledge of football and if you look at his wiki page states his interests as reading Harry Potter and eating breakfast at McDonalds :roll:
Haha that nicely sums up what a joke of a football club (sorry corporation) 'we' have become, we'll certainly need some Harry Potter type magic tricks to succeed inspite of the wiggy parasite sucking the life blood out of everything.

I hope the fan base turn on the Kroenke's but frankly given that it took a lot of them 10 years to turn on Wenger and even then sum still supported him I very much doubt it, death by a thousand cuts part two, we might as well be owned by the the Krankies.

#RIPAFC

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:10 pm

I agree. I feel like my football club has been stolen from me. Now it is just a brand. Not sure I can be bothered to go anymore.
Not sure?, I wouldn't even be contemplating it!.

Feel a bit sorry for Emery inheriting this legacy now, it is obvious they look upon Arsenal like Valencia or Sevilla and hope he can get top 4 and see that as great success, they can swing from the nearest lampost frankly.

:roll:

brucers

Post by brucers »

Arsenal have not (yet) had it as bad as other clubs. Kranky now has complete dictatorship control over Arsenal and can legally asset strip us to death. It is not impossible that we could go the way of Rangers in Scotland. Kranky has no interest in football/trophies. The minority fan shareholders now have no say in affairs so cannot vote for restraint. Worst case scenario is this is the death knell for us, like say, Wimbledon. Like many others, my positive thoughts with Emery coming in have now turned to something akin to Armageddon.
Last edited by brucers on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brucers

Post by brucers »

]
Last edited by brucers on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I was going to renew my membership this week after five or six seasons of not renewing due to both economic and football reasons.
Don't think I will now, A close season that began with excitement and hope has been turned on its head and the old familiar frustration marks it's end.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

brucers wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:06 pm
Arsenal have not (yet) had it as bad as other clubs. Kranky now has complete dictatorship control over Arsenal and can legally asset strip us to death. It is not impossible that we could go the way of Rangers in Scotland. Kranky has no interest in football/trophies. The minority fan shareholders now have no say in affairs so cannot vote for restraint. Worst case scenario is this is the death knell for us, like say, Wimbledon. Like many other, my positive thoughts with Emery coming in have now turned to something akin to Armageddon.
The minority shareholders will have their shares bought off them on a compulsory basis once $tan has purchased Usmanovs shares to bring him over the 90 % mark.
Those people who had held shares in our club for generations, passed down over the years will have to hand them over to the yank.

No more AGM’s ! No more protests of no confidence votes in board members

It’s over, we are no longer Arsenal 😭

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

brucers wrote:
Arsenal have not (yet) had it as bad as other clubs. Kranky now has complete dictatorship control over Arsenal and can legally asset strip us to death. It is not impossible that we could go the way of Rangers in Scotland. Kranky has no interest in football/trophies. The minority fan shareholders now have no say in affairs so cannot vote for restraint. Worst case scenario is this is the death knell for us, like say, Wimbledon. Like many other, my positive thoughts with Emery coming in have now turned to something akin to Armageddon.
I don't think it will get anywhere near as bad as that however at least if that did happen we might get an owner(s) who cared after the shitstorm!, the worst thing about this is that I think we'll neither be successful nor unsuccessful, we'll just sit in midtable gathering cobwebs while making small profits and keeping Stan happy, is that any better than actually folding?, I'm not really sure it is!!.

brucers

Post by brucers »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:25 pm
brucers wrote:
I don't think it will get anywhere near as bad as that however at least if that did happen we might get an owner(s) who cared after the shitstorm!, the worst thing about this is that I think we'll neither be successful nor unsuccessful, we'll just sit in midtable gathering cobwebs while making small profits and keeping Stan happy, is that any better than actually folding?, I'm not really sure it is!!.
I tend to agree with you. It does no harm, I'd say, to let people be aware of just what a single owner can do if they have a mind to. Lets not forget, he may have some empathy (although that suggests a heart) with his clubs in USA for nationalistic reasons but that does not apply with Arsenal.
A bit like you too, and I said this on another forum, part of me would like a fan owned, start from the bottom club to happen as per Man U/Wimbledon.

brucers

Post by brucers »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:22 pm
brucers wrote:
The minority shareholders will have their shares bought off them on a compulsory basis once $tan has purchased Usmanovs shares to bring him over the 90 % mark.
Those people who had held shares in our club for generations, passed down over the years will have to hand them over to the yank.

No more AGM’s ! No more protests of no confidence votes in board members

It’s over, we are no longer Arsenal 😭
I know. I call things like this 'legalised theft'.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

brucers wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:08 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
brucers wrote:
I tend to agree with you. It does no harm, I'd say, to let people be aware of just what a single owner can do if they have a mind to. Lets not forget, he may have some empathy (although that suggests a heart) with his clubs in USA for nationalistic reasons but that does not apply with Arsenal.
A bit like you too, and I said this on another forum, part of me would like a fan owned, start from the bottom club to happen as per Man U/Wimbledon.
In 24 hours all the pre season enthusiasm has evaporated for me. Does Emery really know what he’s getting into. I love the idea of starting a new Arsenal. Perhaps we could call it Real Arsenal, a nice play on words.

Ohh and this time let’s start in north London please. In 10 years time we can be stuffing fake Arsenal in a local derby. The chants from the Real Arsenal fans, fuck off back to USA?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

It does feel like the beginning of the end for The Arsenal. I don't think I've heard a positive word from anyone on this total takeover by kroneke. I hope this doesn't affect Emery's plans but the buzz has gone. Is this our Brexit moment? Is this what it feels like to be a remoaner?
Given the lack of success of his other sporting franchises it doesn't bode well at all.
Trying to be positive maybe Walmart selling Asda to Sainsbury's might boost his coffers and partly filter down to us. The money he could be earning from AFC would be enormous if he invest in a squad that could challenge for the league and European titles. We have a squad and manager capable of winning the Europa League this season. Look how close we came last season.
Although the long term future is uncertain the short term does look very promising.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Nothing to say really, a not unexpected move by a *word censored* bag owner who only cares about the $$$

I do hope all our caretakers and 'real' fans understand exactly what they let us in for when his initial buyout was pushed through without much opposition :roll:

brucers

Post by brucers »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:29 pm
brucers wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
brucers wrote:
In 24 hours all the pre season enthusiasm has evaporated for me. Does Emery really know what he’s getting into. I love the idea of starting a new Arsenal. Perhaps we could call it Real Arsenal, a nice play on words.

Ohh and this time let’s start in north London please. In 10 years time we can be stuffing fake Arsenal in a local derby. The chants from the Real Arsenal fans, fuck off back to USA?

brucers

Post by brucers »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:29 pm
brucers wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
brucers wrote:

I got involved in a discussion about starting a new club last year on another forum. Lots of people said they were interested (and came up with name suggestions) but when it came to it, only 2 of us made any initial enquiries. It died a death.

Clever double entendre it may be but 'Real' has too much of piggy backing Madrid to it.