KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:58 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:45 pm
Just been messaged the following: "The LA Rams new stadium which was to cost $2bn overrun is now looking like it could come in at $6bn. Their team is f***ed too with overloaded contracts. This is going to have a knock-on effect for sure"

Optimistic view - Stan K sells Arsenal???

Via twitter
That would be nice. The Rams aren't doing too well this year so perhaps it might be for the best if he sold us to concentrate fully on them.

ESPN.com reported that the cost overruns at the new Rams stadium in Los Angeles now exceed $3.1 bn. It was projected to cost $1.86 bn in 2015 and later revised by the Rams to $2.4 bn. The cost now: an estimated $5 bn. And, of course, there could be cost overruns on the cost overruns hence the $6bn figure. Fu.ck you Stan.

It would be nice if the over-runs land squarely at Kroenke's door, but are we sure that is the case ? Previously there have been countless examples where cities have built new stadiums for their existing sports franchises, or to entice a sports franchise to move to their city, so I doubt that Kroenke will take the hit here. He left st louis cos they wouldn't spring for a new stadium or massive stadium refurbishment, so I am assuming that LA were willing to do so :rubchin:

Anyway, lets be real here people, even if this overspend is entirely wiggy's responsibility, we all know that wont force him to sell up - short of a SUSTAINED campaign of match boycotts, I dont think anything will force him out, and a boycott like that would never happen

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:20 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:58 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:45 pm
Just been messaged the following: "The LA Rams new stadium which was to cost $2bn overrun is now looking like it could come in at $6bn. Their team is f***ed too with overloaded contracts. This is going to have a knock-on effect for sure"

Optimistic view - Stan K sells Arsenal???

Via twitter
That would be nice. The Rams aren't doing too well this year so perhaps it might be for the best if he sold us to concentrate fully on them.

ESPN.com reported that the cost overruns at the new Rams stadium in Los Angeles now exceed $3.1 bn. It was projected to cost $1.86 bn in 2015 and later revised by the Rams to $2.4 bn. The cost now: an estimated $5 bn. And, of course, there could be cost overruns on the cost overruns hence the $6bn figure. Fu.ck you Stan.

It would be nice if the over-runs land squarely at Kroenke's door, but are we sure that is the case ? Previously there have been countless examples where cities have built new stadiums for their existing sports franchises, or to entice a sports franchise to move to their city, so I doubt that Kroenke will take the hit here. He left st louis cos they wouldn't spring for a new stadium or massive stadium refurbishment, so I am assuming that LA were willing to do so :rubchin:

Anyway, lets be real here people, even if this overspend is entirely wiggy's responsibility, we all know that wont force him to sell up - short of a SUSTAINED campaign of match boycotts, I dont think anything will force him out, and a boycott like that would never happen
Not in any way defending Wiggy but there are a lot worse types of owners, I simply dont trust the fuckers who do the due diligence on prospective owners these days, it's how we ended up with Stan and how other clubs have ended up down the swanny lately. It's becoming a real problem not just in football.

New legislation needs introducing to prevent 100% ownership in the current manner of large assets especially sports teams as it's too easy to run them into the ground whilst creaming off maximum profit at the expense of paying fans who have a different relationship with their clubs to customers of other types. Long gone are the days of owners being fans too and trying to protect not just their valuable asset but something they love :|

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Senior figures at Arsenal will meet on Friday morning to discuss the club's worst run of results since 1992 after they lost 2-1 at home to Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

He has to go before the Norwich game surely? We will lose if he is in charge! I expect to hear he is sacked by lunchtime.
It’s all very well saying ‘look at Man Utd’, you don’t want to drift from bad manager to bad manager but you don’t leave a complete muppet in charge who hasn’t got a clue!! Period.

villej

Post by villej »

augie wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:20 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:06 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:37 am

Is it worth reading though ? I used to read his blogs, but the total U-turn he did on wanting wenger out, wiped out all credibility for me

As far as I'm aware there are 3 guys involved in this blog, they seem to take it in turns to post, so which of the 3 upset you :lol:

You sure ?? :? If there are 3 of them, then chances are that they all pissed me off at some stage :wink: :lol:
I think there is only one now (Pedro). There was two when they started it but at least last 5 years only Pedro has been involved plus occasionally quest writers.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Had anyone here got connections to any of the supporters groups?

Would love to know do they have anything planned and why it's taking so long to do so

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:20 am
Had anyone here got connections to any of the supporters groups?

Would love to know do they have anything planned and why it's taking so long to do so

Redaction are planning ANOTHER pro Kroenke march for the next home game :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sources say there is a three-way split with the Kroenke family, Sanllehi and technical director Edu, and the Arsenal ‘old guard’ of Sir Chips Keswick and Lord Harris of Peckham all expressing different opinions on a range of matters in recent months [@CraigHope_DM]

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:37 pm
Senior figures at Arsenal will meet on Friday morning to discuss the club's worst run of results since 1992 after they lost 2-1 at home to Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League.
That stat has been quoted a lot over the past 2 days and used as the justification for the sacking.

Perhaps we should have done that back then with George and denied ourselves the double cup glory of 1993 (even though of course domestic cups are now airbrushed from history in favour of the 4th place trophy) or our last European trophy in 1994

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Who said this clown could have an opinion

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ry-sacked/

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:58 am

LOL that picture of him touching the badge is 'moving'

by moving I mean moving my guts to spew out a large amount of vomit.

:roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:32 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

LOL that picture of him touching the badge is 'moving'

by moving I mean moving my guts to spew out a large amount of vomit.

:roll:
If ever a man proved old Cloughie right that Chairmen know fu.ck all about football......he's a prime example.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:

Look at the cùnt touching the badge. :roll: :censored: He had no idea who Arsenal were 5 years ago the fucking parasite. :censored:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

So when are we going to get serious about removing these posionous c*nts from our club?, waiting for releagation?, have a feeling even midtable for the next 5 years wont do it..

:roll: :banghead: