KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:00 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:33 pm
Clash wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:53 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:10 pm
As Freud said "Empty seats are empty seats".

It doesn't matter what the club say. It doesn't matter that 40,000 odd seats are prepaid. That actually makes it worse for the club from a PR perspective. For people not to turn up and pay to get in is one thing but for people who HAVE paid not to bother going sends a much stronger message.

I personally have no issue sitting out a few games. In fact I don't mind sitting out quite a few games if it comes to it. If people want they could still go and watch the match on the concourse screens. That would actually be quite funny - a match with nobody in the seats but there is a weird muted roar when our lot score.

Joking aside, this isn't going to be a 2 minute job. Once the initial fannying around is over and wiggy is seen to do nothing about our concerns then the protest can be ratcheted up. It could be to stop buying anything from the club on match days for a couple of games - beer, food, programmes - to see if that elicits a response. I can see that leading to fisticuffs when the usual twats are trying to buy their pizza. When wiggy ignores that then it's surely onto walkouts / late arrivals and then match boycotts. Can anyone see wiggy giving in this season....not me. Then we are potentially into a mini Blackpool scenario.

Then it's a case of how long we can keep it going....how long before sponsors can pressure the club and/or walk away - it could be an interesting season for all the wrong reasons.

Christ wasn't it so much easier in Avenell Road in the 80s "NEIL OUT" :lol:
Pretty much agree with all that Jock. And good point about prepaid tickets not being used looking worse than fans just not buying them in the first place. Of course Wenger, ever the weasel, once ignored this glaring fact when he tried to blame the recession for the empty seats :roll:

This is where genuine fans who have renewed ST's can have a positive impact though, instead of being made to feel part of the problem every season. We are in control of what happens - either in the ground protesting - or leaving our seat empty.

And with regard to boycotts - if we are going down this route then personally I would prefer we chose to do it for big games like Man United and Liverpool. Matches like this that are live on sky or BT with a worldwide audience, would I think, make a bigger impact than boycotting half a seasons worth of smaller games against teams like Bournemouth and Sheff Utd.

The one game I wouldnt want to boycott is home to Spurs but other than that I am prepared to support whatever is decided.

All the fan groups coming together will really help to ensure that a co-ordinated message is sent in response to any bullshit from wiggy & co. That will make sure wiggy gets shot down (not physically DB :shock: ) very quickly in a way that TOF's recession comment should have been.

Yeah, quite agree that if / when it comes to boycotts etc that we need to look at the big games. Unfortunately, scum aside, the fixture list doesn't put us at home against a top 6 side until Citeh in mid December. 4 months into the new season is a long time to wait so if things have gone south before then protests will have already started. The spuds at home is probably too early to be doing anything major.

The other problem is of course that if we have a half decent start then some of our fans may not support any anti wiggy protests with much enthusiasm. For anything to stand a chance of working we need the team to be doing shit.
That my friend is an absolute banker. You can build your house on that.

I told Retro this earlier......I don't think protests will affect Kroenke.......my future son in law lives in California, Rams fans. Kroenke doesn't care if the fans hate him, he doesn't care about protests, he cares about money, his sports empire, his investment. And if he doesn't care about the fans of his US franchises, how do you think he feels about "his" soccer fans in Engurland??

The only thing, the ONLY thing, that will make him sit up and take notice is boycotting games, not buying merchandise, not buying tickets. I reckon the club will have to slide to more or less mid table before most of our fans realise the slide is becoming irrevocable. Only then, maybe(??), will the stadium reach the stage where it is half empty and that will take a few years. Going up against the Kroenke's with planes, letters of complaint & protest marches will be like taking a taser to a gunfight.

Diminishing returns on his investment is the only thing that will make him uncomfortable.
I genuinely don't think the team will be shit for the whole season. Significant changes have been made to the coaching staff. Bringing in Freddie for Bouldy and Edu for Minsletat will bring more harmony to the footballing set up. Emery is happier with them, and getting rid of the performance coach will definitely see an improvement.
Cech's emotional declaration after the debacle in Baku that this team will be better this season after the hard work behind the scenes put in last season is in the forefront of my mind. There was absolutely no need to say that as he knew where his future was, and it was said in raw emotion on the pitch, not a calculated statement made days after. I just have the feeling we will spring a few pleasant surprises, surpassing Spurds, Chavs and Manure.
To note, the squad in the USA don't appear to be missing the club captain. A new era is beginning to dawn.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm sure we could get our resident idiot Mickey Doyle to do another streak at the Emirates with Kroenke out plastered on him. You might remember he did it twice at home and at Chelsea some years back with eie written all over him. Pure fruitloop!

herbert

Post by herbert »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:51 am
I'm sure we could get our resident idiot Mickey Doyle to do another streak at the Emirates with Kroenke out plastered on him. You might remember he did it twice at home and at Chelsea some years back with eie written all over him. Pure fruitloop!
I was stood next to him at Chelsea when he started undressing :shock:
as well as all the eie slogans he had FUCK JOSE written across his arse :lol:
Last edited by herbert on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:58 am
xisstential wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:00 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:33 pm
Clash wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:53 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:10 pm
As Freud said "Empty seats are empty seats".

It doesn't matter what the club say. It doesn't matter that 40,000 odd seats are prepaid. That actually makes it worse for the club from a PR perspective. For people not to turn up and pay to get in is one thing but for people who HAVE paid not to bother going sends a much stronger message.

I personally have no issue sitting out a few games. In fact I don't mind sitting out quite a few games if it comes to it. If people want they could still go and watch the match on the concourse screens. That would actually be quite funny - a match with nobody in the seats but there is a weird muted roar when our lot score.

Joking aside, this isn't going to be a 2 minute job. Once the initial fannying around is over and wiggy is seen to do nothing about our concerns then the protest can be ratcheted up. It could be to stop buying anything from the club on match days for a couple of games - beer, food, programmes - to see if that elicits a response. I can see that leading to fisticuffs when the usual twats are trying to buy their pizza. When wiggy ignores that then it's surely onto walkouts / late arrivals and then match boycotts. Can anyone see wiggy giving in this season....not me. Then we are potentially into a mini Blackpool scenario.

Then it's a case of how long we can keep it going....how long before sponsors can pressure the club and/or walk away - it could be an interesting season for all the wrong reasons.

Christ wasn't it so much easier in Avenell Road in the 80s "NEIL OUT" :lol:
Pretty much agree with all that Jock. And good point about prepaid tickets not being used looking worse than fans just not buying them in the first place. Of course Wenger, ever the weasel, once ignored this glaring fact when he tried to blame the recession for the empty seats :roll:

This is where genuine fans who have renewed ST's can have a positive impact though, instead of being made to feel part of the problem every season. We are in control of what happens - either in the ground protesting - or leaving our seat empty.

And with regard to boycotts - if we are going down this route then personally I would prefer we chose to do it for big games like Man United and Liverpool. Matches like this that are live on sky or BT with a worldwide audience, would I think, make a bigger impact than boycotting half a seasons worth of smaller games against teams like Bournemouth and Sheff Utd.

The one game I wouldnt want to boycott is home to Spurs but other than that I am prepared to support whatever is decided.

All the fan groups coming together will really help to ensure that a co-ordinated message is sent in response to any bullshit from wiggy & co. That will make sure wiggy gets shot down (not physically DB :shock: ) very quickly in a way that TOF's recession comment should have been.

Yeah, quite agree that if / when it comes to boycotts etc that we need to look at the big games. Unfortunately, scum aside, the fixture list doesn't put us at home against a top 6 side until Citeh in mid December. 4 months into the new season is a long time to wait so if things have gone south before then protests will have already started. The spuds at home is probably too early to be doing anything major.

The other problem is of course that if we have a half decent start then some of our fans may not support any anti wiggy protests with much enthusiasm. For anything to stand a chance of working we need the team to be doing shit.
That my friend is an absolute banker. You can build your house on that.

I told Retro this earlier......I don't think protests will affect Kroenke.......my future son in law lives in California, Rams fans. Kroenke doesn't care if the fans hate him, he doesn't care about protests, he cares about money, his sports empire, his investment. And if he doesn't care about the fans of his US franchises, how do you think he feels about "his" soccer fans in Engurland??

The only thing, the ONLY thing, that will make him sit up and take notice is boycotting games, not buying merchandise, not buying tickets. I reckon the club will have to slide to more or less mid table before most of our fans realise the slide is becoming irrevocable. Only then, maybe(??), will the stadium reach the stage where it is half empty and that will take a few years. Going up against the Kroenke's with planes, letters of complaint & protest marches will be like taking a taser to a gunfight.

Diminishing returns on his investment is the only thing that will make him uncomfortable.
I genuinely don't think the team will be shit for the whole season. Significant changes have been made to the coaching staff. Bringing in Freddie for Bouldy and Edu for Minsletat will bring more harmony to the footballing set up. Emery is happier with them, and getting rid of the performance coach will definitely see an improvement.
Cech's emotional declaration after the debacle in Baku that this team will be better this season after the hard work behind the scenes put in last season is in the forefront of my mind. There was absolutely no need to say that as he knew where his future was, and it was said in raw emotion on the pitch, not a calculated statement made days after. I just have the feeling we will spring a few pleasant surprises, surpassing Spurds, Chavs and Manure.
To note, the squad in the USA don't appear to be missing the club captain. A new era is beginning to dawn.

I agree, we are too shit at being shit to be consistently shit over a season - beginning to sound like falkirk :shock:

The wigmeister knows that as long as we hang in there at 5th or 6th he can continue to get away with it. We don't really need to try that hard to achieve that given the rest of the league although the Leicesters, Wolves and Evertons could cause problems if they got going. If as you say we surpass the other three (really :shock: :lol: ) then that is us back in the land of the CL and the big big bucks which means wiggy ain't going anywhere AND he will be able to start taking a few quid out of the club again in fees / divis. We will get a bigger transfer budget but he will start to take his pound of flesh.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

HEADLINE:Sven Mislintat claims Arsenal offered him technical director role and reveals their new transfer strategy

Metro Sport ReporterFriday 19 Jul 2019 8:29 am

LINK BELOW

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/19/sven-mis ... -10424598/

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:46 pm
From the main OG site......

https://www.onlinegooner.com/articles/view/4805
Yeah, gets right to the heart of the matter

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:58 pm
HEADLINE:Sven Mislintat claims Arsenal offered him technical director role and reveals their new transfer strategy

Metro Sport ReporterFriday 19 Jul 2019 8:29 am

LINK BELOW

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/19/sven-mis ... -10424598/
‘However, the new leadership work more strongly with what they are offered from clubs or agents through their own networks.’

----

So far the only signing using this approach was Denis Suarez.. not a good start!!.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:54 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

Yeah, gets right to the heart of the matter
Sorry but it really doesn't, it's more Kroenke apologist bs, though I agree with elements of what he says why would fans demonstrate when we got 4th every season?, I'm not saying that is good enough, far from it, but most clubs would not have fans demonstrating unless things got decidedly worse than that (unfortunately).

I also wanted Wenger out for a long time (since 2008 in fact) and got called all the names under the sun for having that opinion early on but really as I have said innumerable times directing anger at Wenger is just wasted energy, he's gone and the focus has to be on Kroenke now, not making excuses for him.

He employed Wenger far too long, allowed the systemic failures to manifest and grow and now he wants to make austerity cuts to try and protect 'his investment', all because he was too busy evicting people from his latest ranch (which is apparently the size of Wales!), or was spending time on his #1 sports project the LA Rams.

Simply not good enough. #KroenkeOUT

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:

Have to be honest, it's hard to argue with almost any of that imo and most of us have been saying it for years. Well, saying it about Wenger that is, but too many were slow in making Kroenke the even bigger problem. While Wenger was the immediate problem certainly since 2008 and undeniably since 2010/11, his position was only as good as the board / owner. When Kroenke gave him that final two year extension, the fans should have turned on the owner right then.

Anyway, that is now history and we can't change it. I share the author's sentiments that most of the bloggers and fan groups remained either pro Wenger, or certainly unwilling to vocally support the protests to get him out, but it's self defeating to criticise the coming together to oppose Kroenke now. Bluntly, what's left for supporters to do ? We either mount a campaign, or we sit and watch the demise of our great Club. The heartening thing, is that there has been a coming together of groups that have clashed in the past and hatchets have been buried for the greater good.

Whatever this author says, the Kroenke regime have not shrugged off that statement, nor the 100,000 signatures on the petition. It has shaken them. No one can guarantee exactly where this is heading and how it will end (other than it won't be a quick fix !), but a marker has been laid down and there's an appetite for the battle.

KROENKE OUT !!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://dailycannon.com/2019/07/even-whe ... s-nothing/

------------

About sums it up.

They wont admit the previous regime got it wrong big time, because in doing so they look like the fools they are for allowing it to happen.

Time to cough up for their mistake but they won't, they'll just hope the new structure can, in time, get them out of trouble and in the meantime fans have to accept the 'be patient' line for another decade.

Just f*ck the f*ck off you pricks. :roll:

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

The NEW Structure...
Center Back Partnership 2019-20...Once The Injury Prone Succumb, Becuase we didn't Buy a CB, or a Qual1-JPEG.jpg
Our Centerback Partnership, once the Injury prone Succumb

Because Arsenal didn't buy a CB, or a Quality one in this Window . :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Zanatos3 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I saw in some rag that Kroenke was going to meet with the real Madrid president to finalise the Dani Corbollocks deal,thus demonstrating his commitment and involvement in the clubs activities !

Flapjacks and dodgy syrup all round !

Herd

Post by Herd »

The club are on a major PR splurge Edu walking with the fans ,numerous puff pieces about the great Raul . Josh in the papers today again etc etc . I'm still far from convinced on our signings but then again the last 13 years of Wenger will do that to a man ! Let's see how we go on from here starting with the mousers.