KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by Jock Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:39 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:44 pm
Fucker thinks we are stupid......gloves off :box:

https://twitter.com/search?q=arsenal+le ... r%5Esearch
yeah VCC is so dear to their hearts they took it off the Crest and replaced with a cartoon.

Maybe get a few thousand of those printed up with wiggys mug on and the 'logo' beneath it :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i think a simple black on white card with "SELL" in big letters would be effective - its not digging at the club or the players, just the owner.

:box:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:45 pm
Been tied up today and unable to post on here until now.

Just to keep myself out of trouble ....I need to stress that "Kroenke Out" is not the amalgam of fans groups talking, it was me ! :lol: That is NOT the official line, or group name and perhaps I inadvertently gave you fellas a bum steer :oops: . Still, quite happy to see it on this thread title.

To address the comments that have been made, we need to be considered and strategically minded. One look at this thread will clearly show you that the range of opinions is from Redarmy on one extreme, through Augie, Gooner Rob, DB, Jock and Herbert at the other extreme. Every one of those opinions is valid and when all said and done they are exactly that....opinions. The job is to keep the likes of Red and Herbert on the same page and we need to make sensible (but certainly not weak) decisions, that don't alienate supporters anywhere on that spectrum. I'm old enough and ugly enough to know that it's an impossible task, but we need to keep the vast majority of fans behind the campaign and the response so far has been overwhelming.

By nature, I'm where Augie is, but we have to use our loaf and realise that this is a long game and we have to be seen to give the Club the opportunity to listen to what we say and to make improvements. Do I believe that's gonna happen...nope, not for an instant, but to go in with all guns blazing, trying to boycott early season games, walking out, having demonstrations etc etc, will likely prove counter productive if done too early. Someone mentioned the Geordies have 12,000 unsold STs or something, but bear in mind that they've been hounding Ashley for literally years, so didn't exactly reach that point overnight. Btw, before anyone leaps on it, I'm not suggesting we sit around for years....we've already done enough of that ! We just need to be measured now that the ball is rolling.

Personally, I'm expecting fuck all to excite us in the transfer window and have grave misgivings about the upcoming season and I very much doubt I'm alone. So, the season is likely to kick off with the fans in a poor mood and come Oct, when we're sure to be already confirmed as also rans, the mood is gonna be foul. The campaign aims to be testing the temperature of that mood, to stoke the grievances and to up the ante re protests, boycotts and more, when the timing is right. It's far from an exact science, but stay on side chaps, because showing a unified front is all we've got and it ain't gonna be a quick job.

KROENKE OUT !! (Yes, that's me :lol: ).
I wholeheartedly agree with Retro :barscarf:

He is indeed old and ugly :wink:

Well done mate, you enjoy a good protest don’t you.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Well played Retro - great work mate :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

yes great stuff Retro - keep up the good work! :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Thanks for the kind words chaps. I'd like to take some credit for what's been achieved in the last couple of days, but I'm a social media moron and have no idea ! The heavy lifting has been done by a group of very zealous Gooners, who've put hours into it. It amazes me how adept they are with this social media shit and how fucking fast they work.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:21 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:45 pm
Been tied up today and unable to post on here until now.

Just to keep myself out of trouble ....I need to stress that "Kroenke Out" is not the amalgam of fans groups talking, it was me ! :lol: That is NOT the official line, or group name and perhaps I inadvertently gave you fellas a bum steer :oops: . Still, quite happy to see it on this thread title.

To address the comments that have been made, we need to be considered and strategically minded. One look at this thread will clearly show you that the range of opinions is from Redarmy on one extreme, through Augie, Gooner Rob, DB, Jock and Herbert at the other extreme. Every one of those opinions is valid and when all said and done they are exactly that....opinions. The job is to keep the likes of Red and Herbert on the same page and we need to make sensible (but certainly not weak) decisions, that don't alienate supporters anywhere on that spectrum. I'm old enough and ugly enough to know that it's an impossible task, but we need to keep the vast majority of fans behind the campaign and the response so far has been overwhelming.

By nature, I'm where Augie is, but we have to use our loaf and realise that this is a long game and we have to be seen to give the Club the opportunity to listen to what we say and to make improvements. Do I believe that's gonna happen...nope, not for an instant, but to go in with all guns blazing, trying to boycott early season games, walking out, having demonstrations etc etc, will likely prove counter productive if done too early. Someone mentioned the Geordies have 12,000 unsold STs or something, but bear in mind that they've been hounding Ashley for literally years, so didn't exactly reach that point overnight. Btw, before anyone leaps on it, I'm not suggesting we sit around for years....we've already done enough of that ! We just need to be measured now that the ball is rolling.

Personally, I'm expecting fuck all to excite us in the transfer window and have grave misgivings about the upcoming season and I very much doubt I'm alone. So, the season is likely to kick off with the fans in a poor mood and come Oct, when we're sure to be already confirmed as also rans, the mood is gonna be foul. The campaign aims to be testing the temperature of that mood, to stoke the grievances and to up the ante re protests, boycotts and more, when the timing is right. It's far from an exact science, but stay on side chaps, because showing a unified front is all we've got and it ain't gonna be a quick job.

KROENKE OUT !! (Yes, that's me :lol: ).
I wholeheartedly agree with Retro :barscarf:

He is indeed old and ugly :wink:

Well done mate, you enjoy a good protest don’t you.

:lol: :lol:

Yes I am !

And yes I do !!

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

We dont have any football men running the club. They literally couldnt give a shit about results. We really just a portfolio in the Kroenke holdings. This club charges among the highest ticket prices in the land and turns around and tell the fans not to expect results. Any restaurant that charged the highest prices in the city but serves up fast food quality meals is out of business. But the Kroenkes are the type to leverage the supporters love for the club to extract money.

Ive always wondered about billionaires who solely want to make another billion. Whats the point of money if you dont spend it? If I were a billionaire I would be indulging in all my interests. But the Kroenkes have gotten in the sports business but dont actually like it. Typical rich republican American. As soon as I found out Kroenke was a republican it all made sense. These guys are fucking soulless, he has billions and his wife is the heir to Walmart, yet he a stiff boring nerd. Then there is Josh, the rich kid who knows nothing yet gets high profile jobs all because he came out of some posh bitches *word censored*.

Americans take their money very seriously.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:44 am
We dont have any football men running the club. They literally couldnt give a shit about results. We really just a portfolio in the Kroenke holdings. This club charges among the highest ticket prices in the land and turns around and tell the fans not to expect results. Any restaurant that charged the highest prices in the city but serves up fast food quality meals is out of business. But the Kroenkes are the type to leverage the supporters love for the club to extract money.

Ive always wondered about billionaires who solely want to make another billion. Whats the point of money if you dont spend it? If I were a billionaire I would be indulging in all my interests. But the Kroenkes have gotten in the sports business but dont actually like it. Typical rich republican American. As soon as I found out Kroenke was a republican it all made sense. These guys are fucking soulless, he has billions and his wife is the heir to Walmart, yet he a stiff boring nerd. Then there is Josh, the rich kid who knows nothing yet gets high profile jobs all because he came out of some posh bitches *word censored*.

Americans take their money very seriously.
Let's not make it about race or nationality ffs. Or politics. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:38 pm
The only thing that might shift these c u n t s is an aggressive campaign against them, both on social media and in person whenever the opportunity arises.

xxx xxx xxx xxxxxxx xxxx.

These c u n t s need to be made feel very uncomfortable when attending any Arsenal related event!!
Unfortunately I won’t be taking part, because I’m long past caring enough to do anything other than have a good old moan :D

Edited by DB10. Sid we cannot incite direct action that involves anything that a court might (rightly or wrongky) construe as violence. This forum would be shut down in a blink of an eye mate.
FYI lads. No posting anything that might be misconstrued as incitement to commit a crime. Think before you post suggestions please. We do not want the forum shut down.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

ST holders will no doubt play a part in what is to come because when a boycott of matches is proposed then we can ensure that seats are empty and not resold or made available to local schools etc. Remember how quickly empty seats did for TOF.....that is something that sponsors don't like and they wi

That's a valid point. Giving up your season ticket in protest means nothing as there are another 15,000 on a waiting list that will snap it up. I had a season ticket for 10 seasons, reluctantly gave it up for personal reasons 5 years ago, haven't had a sniff of one since.
Not turning up when you have already paid is pointless. It's really the silver and red members that can have the financial impact by boycotting one big grade A match. Only have the season ticket holders in attendance will send a clearer mesaage then not renewing, especially if during that match they protest against the board together.
Petitions are a good way of raising the point but what impact do they ultimately have?
Another way of protest is to engage with our "cousins" franchises under KSE and get them to join the protest. Especially, if they are being treated the same way. Although, my understanding is that the NFL, usa soccer and hockey are structured in a totally different way when it comes to investment in the teams, which ultimately could be the reason why the club is being run as it currently is. They are running the club in the american sports franchise model, when in reality it is a totally different beast.
[/quote]

Why is it pointless ? Are you not willing to sacrifice one or two games for the greater good of our club ? If the fans make a genuine stand and are willing to boycott a game, I will rent them off you and leave them idle so you won't be out of pocket for those games, if that will be easier for you ?
[/quote]

From a financial point of view, the money is already banked. A mass no show would impact match day takings and hit the club financially and that would resonate through to the boardroom, so if like Jock Gooner said, be prepared to take the hit for one or two matches then do it.
Because they are money men, my biggest concern would be them blaming the supporters for not turning up, which impacts the transfer fund. I can see the headline, "we've only got £20m as the supporters didn't turn up".
Josh Kroenke's response, sounded a bit like what Elvis used to say to his audience. "You're here to enjoy yourselves, so leave the driving to us." That's the attitude we are up against.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:38 pm
goonersid wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:38 pm
The only thing that might shift these c u n t s is an aggressive campaign against them, both on social media and in person whenever the opportunity arises.

xxx xxx xxx xxxxxxx xxxx.

These c u n t s need to be made feel very uncomfortable when attending any Arsenal related event!!
Unfortunately I won’t be taking part, because I’m long past caring enough to do anything other than have a good old moan :D

Edited by DB10. Sid we cannot incite direct action that involves anything that a court might (rightly or wrongky) construe as violence. This forum would be shut down in a blink of an eye mate.
FYI lads. No posting anything that might be misconstrued as incitement to commit a crime. Think before you post suggestions please. We do not want the forum shut down.

Speak for yourself....pile of shit it is !

:lol: :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

the story made ESPN news last night and the Denver Post.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:08 pm
ST holders will no doubt play a part in what is to come because when a boycott of matches is proposed then we can ensure that seats are empty and not resold or made available to local schools etc. Remember how quickly empty seats did for TOF.....that is something that sponsors don't like and they wi

That's a valid point. Giving up your season ticket in protest means nothing as there are another 15,000 on a waiting list that will snap it up. I had a season ticket for 10 seasons, reluctantly gave it up for personal reasons 5 years ago, haven't had a sniff of one since.
Not turning up when you have already paid is pointless. It's really the silver and red members that can have the financial impact by boycotting one big grade A match. Only have the season ticket holders in attendance will send a clearer mesaage then not renewing, especially if during that match they protest against the board together.
Petitions are a good way of raising the point but what impact do they ultimately have?
Another way of protest is to engage with our "cousins" franchises under KSE and get them to join the protest. Especially, if they are being treated the same way. Although, my understanding is that the NFL, usa soccer and hockey are structured in a totally different way when it comes to investment in the teams, which ultimately could be the reason why the club is being run as it currently is. They are running the club in the american sports franchise model, when in reality it is a totally different beast.

Why is it pointless ? Are you not willing to sacrifice one or two games for the greater good of our club ? If the fans make a genuine stand and are willing to boycott a game, I will rent them off you and leave them idle so you won't be out of pocket for those games, if that will be easier for you ?
[/quote]

From a financial point of view, the money is already banked. A mass no show would impact match day takings and hit the club financially and that would resonate through to the boardroom, so if like Jock Gooner said, be prepared to take the hit for one or two matches then do it.
Because they are money men, my biggest concern would be them blaming the supporters for not turning up, which impacts the transfer fund. I can see the headline, "we've only got £20m as the supporters didn't turn up".
Josh Kroenke's response, sounded a bit like what Elvis used to say to his audience. "You're here to enjoy yourselves, so leave the driving to us." That's the attitude we are up against.
[/quote]

You are taking things out of context there buddy - for starters if/when a boycott is planned, it will be known and publicised and the reasons and motives will be clear to the media and across the world. Empty seats for a tv game when those seats are already paid for, can not be used as an excuse for limited transfer funds cos that won't wash with the media

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

As Freud said "Empty seats are empty seats".

It doesn't matter what the club say. It doesn't matter that 40,000 odd seats are prepaid. That actually makes it worse for the club from a PR perspective. For people not to turn up and pay to get in is one thing but for people who HAVE paid not to bother going sends a much stronger message.

I personally have no issue sitting out a few games. In fact I don't mind sitting out quite a few games if it comes to it. If people want they could still go and watch the match on the concourse screens. That would actually be quite funny - a match with nobody in the seats but there is a weird muted roar when our lot score.

Joking aside, this isn't going to be a 2 minute job. Once the initial fannying around is over and wiggy is seen to do nothing about our concerns then the protest can be ratcheted up. It could be to stop buying anything from the club on match days for a couple of games - beer, food, programmes - to see if that elicits a response. I can see that leading to fisticuffs when the usual twats are trying to buy their pizza. When wiggy ignores that then it's surely onto walkouts / late arrivals and then match boycotts. Can anyone see wiggy giving in this season....not me. Then we are potentially into a mini Blackpool scenario.

Then it's a case of how long we can keep it going....how long before sponsors can pressure the club and/or walk away - it could be an interesting season for all the wrong reasons.

Christ wasn't it so much easier in Avenell Road in the 80s "NEIL OUT" :lol: