KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:48 am
The club is riddled with useless cu.nts from top to bottom. The owners are scum, the board the usual clueless 'yes' men, I'm not convinced at all by Sanllehi, what the fu.ck happened with Mislintat, Edu is just an attempt to wedge in a name to placate the fans, freddie is too inexperienced for where we find ourselves and he has the biggest shite, I mean no 2 in the business. The team are spineless.

We are broken.....top to bottom....fuc.ked :(

The numbers are falling away quite quickly at the bowl. On Thursday night the lower was pretty full but the upper was only about 60 - 70% full and plenty of empties in CL.

Perhaps this will test wiggy to a degree as a half empty bowl, lagging corporate interest and pissed off sponsors would be a good thing now as far as I'm concerned. Throw in that old favourite of toxic fans and the money men might just start looking elsewhere for their football fix. I think it's time for a slide down the table to see whether wiggy can be arsed with soccer when it ain't all quite so rosie.
:( :( :(
:banghead: :banghead:
:suicide:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

#YouCan'tBeArsedSoNeitherCanWe

:roll:

brucers

Post by brucers »

I think we should be trying to mobilise the media, reporting how bad things are becoming under Kroenke. He hates criticism and bad publicity (because he knows morally he is wrong). We should be getting Piers Morgan and the like to rally his media connections. If there is dirt to dig they have more chance of getting somewhere than any supporters action groups etc.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

brucers wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:15 pm
I think we should be trying to mobilise the media, reporting how bad things are becoming under Kroenke. He hates criticism and bad publicity (because he knows morally he is wrong). We should be getting Piers Morgan and the like to rally his media connections. If there is dirt to dig they have more chance of getting somewhere than any supporters action groups etc.
1. You don't really believe that do you? I mean come on, how do you think he got to be a multi-millionaire? - No matter how honest a person may start out in high finance business/deals; much the same as politicians may begin with good intentions, at some point they have to do a deal or many more with the Devil and fuck someone over, after the first time it gets not only easier (if indeed that first time did play on what conscience they used to have) but it becomes a way of life. I can promise you that Kroenke doesn't even blink or lose an ounce of sleep when he has to destroy someone.

The ONLY THING he has concern about is Profit, Nothing else, if he thinks for a moment he can make more money by doing something he'll do it in the blink of an eye...like when they sacked Emery. The very fact that they didn't have someone ready to replace him speaks volumes, as long as the ticket sales/bums on seats wasn't being affected, he didn't give a shyte about fans booing or G2G or AFTV type fans calling him and his son C.unnts... They do NOT give a fuckk.

As for the gutless, back stabbing piece of filth P.Morgan - He was asked numerous times to get behind the Wenger Out campaign and he wouldn't commit, he made the occasional mild remark about we need a new manager etec, but nothing of any worth that contributed to what eventually happened.

Kroenke is EVIL. He is just another high finance business person who plays with millions of dollars, just as any of us might play Monopoly, the trouble being is we all LOVE Arsenal it is part of our daily lives, and so he knows 100% that for the majority of us, we will stick by the club through everything and so he has direct access to our emotions and money, the only thing that might cause him to consider selling up & getting out, would be if he knew that losses through protests or the loss of merchandise sales were going to outweigh future profits. Usmanov offered him over £200 million more than he paid for the clubs shares and he refused, because he is in it for the long game of profit and he uses those (AFC) profits & shares as leverage to finance other projects - like the new stadium in LA that is costing BILLIONS - He is using Arsenal FC and other Sports Franchises that he owns to raise the funds (Loans) to pay for it.
The more franchises he owns the more Power he has. It is no coincidence that he along with all the other high flyers in finance in the states get invited to private dinners with Trump and other influential senators and US politicians, it's all a game about power to them. Sadly it us our game, our club and us that are paying the price here in the UK thousands of miles away from where he sits on his veranda drinking martini's or whatever the fuckk else, while our "Arsenal" that club and team we have loved & supported from childhood goes to the dogs in terms of Trophies and Footballing success.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:11 pm

If we continue to slide then the crowds will fall away and there is every possibility that we could end up with the old Highbury 20k crowds that most of us have experienced through the late 70s and early / mid 80s. It was still a better atmosphere than the bowl usually produces so I have no problem with that.

I've said before that if it takes mid table mediocrity and an empty bowl to encourage wiggy to fu.ck off then I'm all in. As you say the issue at that point will be price. However drab we were at times at HIghbury I always wanted to go - it was only a few quid to get in, always a good laugh and it was Highbury. You'd get in early to have a chat with the usual punters and there was an atmosphere about the place. I couldn't give two fu.cks about most of the people around me at the bowl and the sooner most of them fu.ck off with their phones, bullshit and pizza the better. But if we reach that point (or should that be when) then I certainly won't be paying £40 to watch whatever shite wiggy is serving up.

Arteta and an attempt at a second rate version of Pep's tippy tappy bollox might well get us to that point a whole lot quicker than any of us envisaged.
If it is Arteta, then I will laugh as it is going to be a hilarious watch. Just watching Freddy struggle and then they think that this other novice will be better. There isn't any point in getting angry about it, just detatch and laugh as their investment goes down the pan. And it will.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:43 pm

1. You don't really believe that do you? I mean come on, how do you think he got to be a multi-millionaire? - No matter how honest a person may start out in high finance business/deals; much the same as politicians may begin with good intentions, at some point they have to do a deal or many more with the Devil and fuck someone over, after the first time it gets not only easier (if indeed that first time did play on what conscience they used to have) but it becomes a way of life. I can promise you that Kroenke doesn't even blink or lose an ounce of sleep when he has to destroy someone.

The ONLY THING he has concern about is Profit, Nothing else, if he thinks for a moment he can make more money by doing something he'll do it in the blink of an eye...like when they sacked Emery. The very fact that they didn't have someone ready to replace him speaks volumes, as long as the ticket sales/bums on seats wasn't being affected, he didn't give a shyte about fans booing or G2G or AFTV type fans calling him and his son C.unnts... They do NOT give a fuckk.
And that really sums it up. To be a billionaire, you do have to be well versed at f*cking people over. I am not aware of one billionaire who got there because they were good people. I would probably go as far as to include that a bit of sociopathic tendencies are also included in that formula.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2019 ... -repeated/

Arsenal fall £23.5m into red after bumper 2017-18 transfer profits not repeated
8th December 2019

By David Owen

December 8 – Struggling Arsenal have slumped into the red after the bumper profits on player sales that substantially boosted the bottom line in 2017-18 were not replicated in the most recent season.

Arsenal Football Club plc posted a pre-tax loss of £23.5 million for the year to end-May 2019, an enormous negative swing when compared with the huge £97.4 million pre-tax profit recorded the previous year.

The vast majority of the difference was accounted for by profits on player disposals. These yielded just £12.2 million in the latest period, versus as much as £120 million in 2017-18. Francis Coquelin, Olivier Giroud, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexis Sánchez and Theo Walcott all departed during that year to 31 May 2018, mainly to Premier League rivals.

The operating loss widened by a comparatively modest £13 million, from £22.5 million to £35.6 million. Operating expenses actually fell somewhat, from £411.1 million to £403.1 million.

The overall picture was not helped by a decline in top-line turnover. This dipped from £388.6 million to £367.5 million, with match day revenues slumping from £99.8 million to £69.3 million. The strategic report sought to explain that the decrease was “mainly attributable to lower receipts of appearance fees from a fellow subsidiary”. This was “merely a consequence of the way certain inter-company revenues were impacted by the delay in renewal of season tickets until after the Europa League final”. For a full picture of the group’s matchday revenues for 2018-19, readers are referred to the consolidated accounts of Arsenal Holdings Limited. At time of writing (on December 7), these accounts for the relevant period appeared not yet to be available at Companies House.

The strategic report described the year-end cash position as “robust”, with balances of £107.1 million, compared with £114 million a year earlier.

The club, now under the full control of US sports team entrepreneur Stan Kroenke, recently parted company with manager Unai Emery after 18 months in charge.

Staff costs dipped slightly from £235.7 million to £230.5 million. One upshot of recent changes is a sharp reduction in directors’ emoluments. These totalled only £1.53 million in 2018-19, well under half the prior year’s £4.34 million.

The highest-paid director appears to have received only £846,000, versus £2.67 million in 2017-18. Remuneration of “Key management personnel” totalled £4.01 million in 2018-19, down from £4.34 million. The accounts explain that those included under this definition “comprise of the Board of Directors and, subsequent to the date of I.E.Gazidis resignation as a director on 31 October 2018, the Head of Football and the Managing Director”.

:rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

brucers wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:15 pm

If you want to lose credibility in any planned protests then just give piers a call, cos if anyone can make us look like whinging publicity seeking c.unts with no plan, it is that dipstick :roll: :oops: :censored:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Jock Gooner wrote:

If we continue to slide then the crowds will fall away and there is every possibility that we could end up with the old Highbury 20k crowds that most of us have experienced through the late 70s and early / mid 80s. It was still a better atmosphere than the bowl usually produces so I have no problem with that.

I've said before that if it takes mid table mediocrity and an empty bowl to encourage wiggy to fu.ck off then I'm all in. As you say the issue at that point will be price. However drab we were at times at HIghbury I always wanted to go - it was only a few quid to get in, always a good laugh and it was Highbury. You'd get in early to have a chat with the usual punters and there was an atmosphere about the place. I couldn't give two fu.cks about most of the people around me at the bowl and the sooner most of them fu.ck off with their phones, bullshit and pizza the better. But if we reach that point (or should that be when) then I certainly won't be paying £40 to watch whatever shite wiggy is serving up.

Arteta and an attempt at a second rate version of Pep's tippy tappy bollox might well get us to that point a whole lot quicker than any of us envisaged.
I remember being at Highbury for a match in 86 when Don Howe got sacked.
17.000 there that day I seem to remember.
still noisier than the Emirates :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

regarding the falling crowds it is a bit different to the 80s though.
dont' forget that 40,000+ at the Emirates are season ticket holders and so have paid for the ticket in advance.

ok so they are not turnung up but there is a big difference between not turning up and not paying for a ticket and not turning up but still paying!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:27 am
I hope Red Action are proud of themselves. I went the other night (yes courtesy of a freebie for anyone that offends) and I couldn't believe how much further it had gone downhill since the last time. I must have had about 8 rows to myself in the upper tier and there is just total apathy in the fanbase. All those who said "but if we give up our STs, we will never get them back" - honestly, I know dozens of ST holders and they willingly give up their seats on a regular basis, and that is abundantly clear when you look at the stands for any home game now

When this c.unt acquired all of the shares I said it was possibly the darkest day in the club's history and the beginning of the end and nothing I've seen since has made me change my mind. I repeatedly said that as other clubs appointed more ambitious owners we would quickly become a mid table club and yet the tossers from Red Action and other groups turned their noses up at Usmanov and Dein, and backed this fucking Grade A asshole who has done nothing but preside over mediocre, under achieving franchises

Change Wenger for Emery, change Emery for Freddie, change Freddie for whoever.......there may be some small gains along the way.....but all the while this despicable c.unt remains the owner this club will continue to go backwards.

Just as nobody ever thought we'd become mid-table, I will predict here and now that if this c.unt is still the owner then within the next 3-5 years we will be relegated. The likes of Bournemouth, Wolves and a host of Championship clubs have owners more ambitious than this prick and willing to invest their own cash. The proudest and longest top flight record in the country will be the next thing this vile prick will destroy next
Agree with all you say but I'm not sure about relegation.
the Premier League in the lower half is really really poor these days.
you only needed 35 points to stay up last season :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

There was a post Wenger boost to the season ticket retention figures which continued on as people forgave Emery for the end of the season in the belief that things were slowly changing . There was an acknowledgement that it would take time to turn things round and people were prepared to give it another shot.
Next time round however I reckon the lower price tickets might still hold up because they are the ones that have been involved longest ( ex clock end and North bank lower ) but as the upper tier and celebrity , corporate areas thin out the club is going to take a further financial hit .
Kroenke's reaction when all his debts start to pile up will be interesting but providing that we are not relegated ( something that doesn't happen in American sport I think ) we might see some change . But don't hold your breath.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A11M11 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:48 am
There was a post Wenger boost to the season ticket retention figures which continued on as people forgave Emery for the end of the season in the belief that things were slowly changing . There was an acknowledgement that it would take time to turn things round and people were prepared to give it another shot.
Next time round however I reckon the lower price tickets might still hold up because they are the ones that have been involved longest ( ex clock end and North bank lower ) but as the upper tier and celebrity , corporate areas thin out the club is going to take a further financial hit .
Kroenke's reaction when all his debts start to pile up will be interesting but providing that we are not relegated ( something that doesn't happen in American sport I think ) we might see some change . But don't hold your breath.
if the waiting list ever did collapse at Arsenal then the whole thing would be like a pack of cards - the structure would collapse.
would be interesting to see it happen, because I don't think the Kroenke's would hang around for long.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

One interesting point from Ornstein's column is that the Kroenke's are planning to increase their 'presence', 'involvement' and 'investment'. Hopefully we spend big in the coming windows.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:21 am
Jock Gooner wrote:

I remember being at Highbury for a match in 86 when Don Howe got sacked.
17.000 there that day I seem to remember.
still noisier than the Emirates :D
Not meaning to be pedantic but didnt Howe choose to leave because we'd been talking to Terry Venables behind his back?

If I remember rightly, when he left, we actually had an outside chance of a title challenge. We had a few games in hand on the teams above us I think. And if we'd won those, we would have been up there with Everton, Liverpool and West Ham.

So even though crowds were low and we almost certainly wouldnt have won those games in hand, I am pretty sure Howe resigned.