KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:36 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:58 pm
To the best of my knowledge there are 3 at least Gooners who are ex-SAS, can't we have a whip round and hire them to 'ave a word' with Kroenke, so that it is in his best interests to sell to someone willing to Invest/care/ take an active interest in AFC? :wink:
Or "Navy SEAL-Lite" as they are known in the wider military world. 8)

:D :wink:
Fuck me DB you're a brave man :rubchin:

Someone want a Moderator job, I know where one might be going soon :wink:

There's quite a funny story about the SAS winding up American Special Forces during a joint exercise just before the ****** Leone Operation, involving coca cola bombs full of piss and those Americans lacking a sense of humour.
:lol:

Probably why they "accidently" blue on blue your troops so often..... :shock: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The World’s Most Valuable Sports Empires: Worth $8.4 Billion, Kroenke Sports Lands At No. 1. via @Forbes https://t.co/AxJJRqIMoC

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:57 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:36 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:58 pm
To the best of my knowledge there are 3 at least Gooners who are ex-SAS, can't we have a whip round and hire them to 'ave a word' with Kroenke, so that it is in his best interests to sell to someone willing to Invest/care/ take an active interest in AFC? :wink:
Or "Navy SEAL-Lite" as they are known in the wider military world. 8)

:D :wink:
Fuck me DB you're a brave man :rubchin:

Someone want a Moderator job, I know where one might be going soon :wink:

There's quite a funny story about the SAS winding up American Special Forces during a joint exercise just before the ****** Leone Operation, involving coca cola bombs full of piss and those Americans lacking a sense of humour.

Probably why they "accidently" blue on blue your troops so often..... :shock: :wink:
The Yanks Excel at that...Killing those on their own side in conflicts.

:?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:35 am
The World’s Most Valuable Sports Empires: Worth $8.4 Billion, Kroenke Sports Lands At No. 1. via @Forbes https://t.co/AxJJRqIMoC
And yet between all of them they still can't win a thing !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:17 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Every time I see the word "Kroenke" I imagine two other words....

Franchise :censored:

Parasite. :censored:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Dear Stan

Hope you're having "happy holidays". Just wanted to say thanks so much for all the Wenger contract extensions that allowed us to hit the lofty heights we've reached today. None of us wanted that Klopp guy who won the CL and is probably going to take our 49 game unbeaten run, or the baldie bloke from City who just chalked up his 100th PL win having won the domestic treble.

Thanks for having the balls to stick with the Coach of the Decade when everyone else was chop changing. It's made us the club we are today

Love and kisses
SteveO

PS - THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

At the time of writing this post is post number 666 on this thread about Kroenke. #justsaying :shock:

Also "Stan" is an anagram of "Satan". Almost.

:lol: :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:59 am
At the time of writing this post is post number 666 on this thread about Kroenke. #justsaying :shock:

:lol: :lol:

Santa is of course an exact anagram of Satan but don’t tell the little children.

Best and perhaps most apt anagram of recent years that I’ve seen, even though it reflected badly on myself, was RENEWING - which is an anagram of WENGER IN 8)

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:59 am

Santa is of course an exact anagram of Satan but don’t tell the little children.

Best and perhaps most apt anagram of recent years that I’ve seen, even though it reflected badly on myself, was RENEWING - which is an anagram of WENGER IN 8)

:barscarf:

It's a good one alright. :D

Not a patch on my favourite anagram of all time though which of course is the beautifully accurate "Colin Wànker". :lol: 8)

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Aliko Dangote has admitted that he is planning to buy Arsenal Football Club.

The Nigerian billionaire - the richest man in Africa - has made no secret of his desire to take over the north London club in the past and has made several statements about launching a future takeover bid in the past.

And the 62-year-old Gunners supporter, who is at number 136 on Forbes' rich list, has been speaking up a move for the club again.

Dangote owns nearly 85% of the publicly-traded Dangote Cement through a holding company. He also owns stakes in publicly-traded salt, sugar and flour manufacturing companies.
According to Forbes the Dangote Refinery has been under construction for three years and is expected to be one of the world's largest oil refineries once complete.

And it is that project that is keeping the billionaire from making a move to buy Arsenal from Stan Kroenke right now.

Speaking in 2018, Dangote said that he wanted to buy Arsenal this year.

He said back then: "We will go after Arsenal from 2020, even if somebody buys, we will still go after it."

Now, with the Dangote Refinery still in process, Dangote has altered his plans and made the big claim that he will buy the club sometime in 2021.

Speaking on the David Rubenstein Show in America, in an interview recorded in September, Dangote said: "It is a team that yes I would like to buy some day, but what I keep saying is we have $20billion worth of projects and that's what I really want to concentrate on. I'm trying to finish building the company and then after we finish, maybe some time in 2021 we can.

"I'm not buying Arsenal right now, I'm buying Arsenal when I finish all these projects, because I'm trying to take the company to the next level."

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... e-17557645

:rubchin: :? :rubchin: :( :rubchin: :| :rubchin: :shock: :rubchin: :? :rubchin: :oops: :rubchin: :barscarf: :rubchin:

Clash

Post by Clash »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:13 pm

"I'm not buying Arsenal right now, I'm buying Arsenal when I finish all these projects, because I'm trying to take the company to the next level."

And what is the next level? The next level is the next level!

Where have I heard that before? :rubchin:

Midz

Post by Midz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:05 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

The two words I think of are slightly different to yours but I'm sure you can imagine what they are :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:05 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

The two words I think of are slightly different to yours but I'm sure you can imagine what they are :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:

The Nigerian billionaire - the richest man in Africa - has made no secret of his desire to take over the north London club in the past and has made several statements about launching a future takeover bid in the past.

And the 62-year-old Gunners supporter, who is at number 136 on Forbes' rich list, has been speaking up a move for the club again.

Dangote owns nearly 85% of the publicly-traded Dangote Cement through a holding company. He also owns stakes in publicly-traded salt, sugar and flour manufacturing companies.
According to Forbes the Dangote Refinery has been under construction for three years and is expected to be one of the world's largest oil refineries once complete.

And it is that project that is keeping the billionaire from making a move to buy Arsenal from Stan Kroenke right now.

He said back then: "We will go after Arsenal from 2020, even if somebody buys, we will still go after it."

Now, with the Dangote Refinery still in process, Dangote has altered his plans and made the big claim that he will buy the club sometime in 2021.

Speaking on the David Rubenstein Show in America, in an interview recorded in September, Dangote said: "It is a team that yes I would like to buy some day, but what I keep saying is we have $20billion worth of projects and that's what I really want to concentrate on. I'm trying to finish building the company and then after we finish, maybe some time in 2021 we can.

:rubchin: :? :rubchin: :( :rubchin: :| :rubchin: :shock: :rubchin: :? :rubchin: :oops: :rubchin: :barscarf: :rubchin:
I call bullshit, this guy emailed me recently and promised me 2 million quid if I let him use my bank account so he could release funds from his recently departed friends fortune :roll:

I'm still waiting for it :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:53 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:

I call bullshit, this guy emailed me recently and promised me 2 million quid if I let him use my bank account so he could release funds from his recently departed friends fortune :roll:

I'm still waiting for it :?

Yep it reeks of bullshit alright. Next year.... no no I meant the year after.... ok next year deffo.... :roll: