KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by Gunner Rob »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:29 am
So when are we going to get serious about removing these posionous c*nts from our club?, waiting for releagation?, have a feeling even midtable for the next 5 years wont do it..

:roll: :banghead:
as far as I am aware Kroenke has never ever sold any of his sporting franchises.
I have always felt that was the most worrying aspect of his ownership because that means he will allow a club to really decline, but yet wouldnt ever get rid of it. That is what is starting to happen now at Arsenal.

since Kroenke took full control there is also of course now no Annual General Meeting and no accounts have to be published.
how much is he taking out of the club ? Nobody knows.

certainly he won't be bothered about the club being a mid table side - less expectations means less money needs to be found for top players. the only thing that he will notice is if season ticket sales stop selling. I have been on about this on here for years now and the basic response is that supporters are not prepared to give up their season tickets. Fair enough. However Kroenke knows this and so therefore will never sell.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:33 am
as far as I am aware Kroenke has never ever sold any of his sporting franchises.
I have always felt that was the most worrying aspect of his ownership because that means he will allow a club to really decline, but yet wouldnt ever get rid of it. That is what is starting to happen now at Arsenal.

since Kroenke took full control there is also of course now no Annual General Meeting and no accounts have to be published.
how much is he taking out of the club ? Nobody knows.

certainly he won't be bothered about the club being a mid table side - less expectations means less money needs to be found for top players. the only thing that he will notice is if season ticket sales stop selling. I have been on about this on here for years now and the basic response is that supporters are not prepared to give up their season tickets. Fair enough. However Kroenke knows this and so therefore will never sell.
Yep and that is why I've given up now, I don't even bother watching us anymore, I find other things to do, it was a really sad day when Usmanov sold his shares because at that point we were basically f*cked and I knew it.

Just got to the stage now where there is nothing left to be said that hasn't been said 100x before. we're in decline and I can't see a way back under this owner, last one out turn off the lights, if people are silly enough to keep going then more fool them, a serious protest against him and I'll be there otherwise I'm not interested.

:blah:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I hope Red Action are proud of themselves. I went the other night (yes courtesy of a freebie for anyone that offends) and I couldn't believe how much further it had gone downhill since the last time. I must have had about 8 rows to myself in the upper tier and there is just total apathy in the fanbase. All those who said "but if we give up our STs, we will never get them back" - honestly, I know dozens of ST holders and they willingly give up their seats on a regular basis, and that is abundantly clear when you look at the stands for any home game now

When this c.unt acquired all of the shares I said it was possibly the darkest day in the club's history and the beginning of the end and nothing I've seen since has made me change my mind. I repeatedly said that as other clubs appointed more ambitious owners we would quickly become a mid table club and yet the tossers from Red Action and other groups turned their noses up at Usmanov and Dein, and backed this fucking Grade A asshole who has done nothing but preside over mediocre, under achieving franchises

Change Wenger for Emery, change Emery for Freddie, change Freddie for whoever.......there may be some small gains along the way.....but all the while this despicable c.unt remains the owner this club will continue to go backwards.

Just as nobody ever thought we'd become mid-table, I will predict here and now that if this c.unt is still the owner then within the next 3-5 years we will be relegated. The likes of Bournemouth, Wolves and a host of Championship clubs have owners more ambitious than this prick and willing to invest their own cash. The proudest and longest top flight record in the country will be the next thing this vile prick will destroy next

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

LA Rams - 3rd in the NFC West W7 L5 - mediocre
Denver Nuggets - 3rd in the NBA Western Conference - better than mediocre but miles behind the leaders
Colorado Avalanche - 2nd in the NHL Central division - surprisingly good
Colorado Rapids - finished 9th in the MLS West. Mid table shite
Colorado Avalanche - finished 4th from 5 in the NLL West conference - shite. Lost their first game of the new season

A half decent ice hockey and basketball team and a load of other shit

C.unt

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:27 am
I hope Red Action are proud of themselves. I went the other night (yes courtesy of a freebie for anyone that offends) and I couldn't believe how much further it had gone downhill since the last time. I must have had about 8 rows to myself in the upper tier and there is just total apathy in the fanbase. All those who said "but if we give up our STs, we will never get them back" - honestly, I know dozens of ST holders and they willingly give up their seats on a regular basis, and that is abundantly clear when you look at the stands for any home game now

When this c.unt acquired all of the shares I said it was possibly the darkest day in the club's history and the beginning of the end and nothing I've seen since has made me change my mind. I repeatedly said that as other clubs appointed more ambitious owners we would quickly become a mid table club and yet the tossers from Red Action and other groups turned their noses up at Usmanov and Dein, and backed this fucking Grade A asshole who has done nothing but preside over mediocre, under achieving franchises

Change Wenger for Emery, change Emery for Freddie, change Freddie for whoever.......there may be some small gains along the way.....but all the while this despicable c.unt remains the owner this club will continue to go backwards.

Just as nobody ever thought we'd become mid-table, I will predict here and now that if this c.unt is still the owner then within the next 3-5 years we will be relegated. The likes of Bournemouth, Wolves and a host of Championship clubs have owners more ambitious than this prick and willing to invest their own cash. The proudest and longest top flight record in the country will be the next thing this vile prick will destroy next

The ambassadors for Gooners everywhere. The people who are the very definition of an independent supporters club. The group who continually stood up against the club and proudly boasted "we are not for sale".

In case some of you do not know, none of those statements can apply to the redaction c.unts :roll: The club wanted opposition to usmanov and they readily agreed, for inside access and a close working relationship with the club. They were no better than hookers - they bent over and allowed the club to literally take them up the arse, but for what ? Their credibility died with that stunt. They have never apologised or acknowledged that they were wrong, but they aligned themselves with a wiggy c.unt that we will NEVER get rid of, and I hope that those actions keep them awake at night as we slide into obscurity :censored: :censored: :censored:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The club is riddled with useless cu.nts from top to bottom. The owners are scum, the board the usual clueless 'yes' men, I'm not convinced at all by Sanllehi, what the fu.ck happened with Mislintat, Edu is just an attempt to wedge in a name to placate the fans, freddie is too inexperienced for where we find ourselves and he has the biggest shite, I mean no 2 in the business. The team are spineless.

We are broken.....top to bottom....fuc.ked :(

The numbers are falling away quite quickly at the bowl. On Thursday night the lower was pretty full but the upper was only about 60 - 70% full and plenty of empties in CL.

Perhaps this will test wiggy to a degree as a half empty bowl, lagging corporate interest and pissed off sponsors would be a good thing now as far as I'm concerned. Throw in that old favourite of toxic fans and the money men might just start looking elsewhere for their football fix. I think it's time for a slide down the table to see whether wiggy can be arsed with soccer when it ain't all quite so rosie.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:48 am
The club is riddled with useless cu.nts from top to bottom. The owners are scum, the board the usual clueless 'yes' men, I'm not convinced at all by Sanllehi, what the fu.ck happened with Mislintat, Edu is just an attempt to wedge in a name to placate the fans, freddie is too inexperienced for where we find ourselves and he has the biggest shite, I mean no 2 in the business. The team are spineless.

The numbers are falling away quite quickly at the bowl. On Thursday night the lower was pretty full but the upper was only about 60 - 70% full and plenty of empties in CL.

Perhaps this will test wiggy to a degree as a half empty bowl, lagging corporate interest and pissed off sponsors would be a good thing now as far as I'm concerned. Throw in that old favourite of toxic fans and the money men might just start looking elsewhere for their football fix. I think it's time for a slide down the table to see whether wiggy can be arsed with soccer when it ain't all quite so rosie.
Agree with all that. What's more is that for a good decade or more we've had a free hit at the tourist fans with our wonderful new stadium and the regular promise of good football and a place in the Be All and End All. The vermin now have a better stadium, play better football and have that CL place this board took for granted. Eventually when the product dies the tourists will dry up too

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comment ... s_last_10/

Old news I know but truly the chart that summarises this fuckwit's ownership of the club. More cash generated from operations than any other club in the country barring United who are miles clear of everyone and not a single penny of owner investment. West Ham slate Gold and Sullivan but at least they put their money where their mouth is.

SELL UP AND GET OUT OF OUR CLUB BEFORE YOU KILL IT YOU F.UCKING WIG WEARING PRICK

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:17 am
Jock Gooner wrote:

Agree with all that. What's more is that for a good decade or more we've had a free hit at the tourist fans with our wonderful new stadium and the regular promise of good football and a place in the Be All and End All. The vermin now have a better stadium, play better football and have that CL place this board took for granted. Eventually when the product dies the tourists will dry up too
The board have taken the piss out of the loyal fans for years,people are walking away many fans like myself have stopped going last game 2013 and the drop off is now at an alarming rate,season tickets and general tickets have never been easier to get.Season on season.

Tourist and walk up fans are that while the PL as a 'product' is popular but look at all clubs other than Liverpool EVERY other club in the land you can get tickets pretty easily for fact,empty seats all clubs all fans priced out and pissed off.

For us the yanks invested in us because we were a money making machine seriously undervalued and don't forget as you would be aware season ticket waiting list of 30-40k IIRC.

For SKE they have never sold a sporting franchise but they may find out the hard way a UK sports team and fanbase is very far removed from the USA model,we are badly run and what I will say is every media outlet TV,written etc have the same view not just on the pitch off it we are a shambles.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

The tourists have begun to seriously drop off this season. We were chatting about that the other night as the empty seats speak volumes. Imagine paying £80 for a couple of tickets to watch Arsenal lose at home to Brighton in what was one of the worst performances I have seen for some time. The highlight of the night was that the weather was mild rather than cold or pissing down. What was amusing to watch was a couple of beardy hipsters losing their shit over how they were having to watch such crap performances.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:48 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

The tourists have begun to seriously drop off this season. We were chatting about that the other night as the empty seats speak volumes. Imagine paying £80 for a couple of tickets to watch Arsenal lose at home to Brighton in what was one of the worst performances I have seen for some time. The highlight of the night was that the weather was mild rather than cold or pissing down. What was amusing to watch was a couple of beardy hipsters losing their shit over how they were having to watch such crap performances.
Another thing I took stick for on here was saying how I could see a return to the days when 15-20k fans were in the stadium, and based on what I saw for the Frankfurt game we aren't far away from that happening soon. In my lifetime I've stood there at Highbury watching us play the likes of Doncaster and Chester in the League Cup and seen the stadium with less than 20k in it

Contrary to what people think football is NOT immune from the mismanagement of "customers" in exactly the same way that a restaurant, shop or any other service business is. The only difference is that we won't take our 'custom' to a rival brand in the way that someone might do with those other businesses. Just look at the comments on here - ones which make me genuinely sad to read - from people that have been going for 30-50 years and have now stopped going. Ask yourself why that is?

The lazy answer is that they/we are all ungrateful bastards who think we've got some divine right to success. Not true. Fans born anywhere between the late 40s and the early 70s would have grown up knowing as many barren years as successful ones. I was born shortly after the 71 double and apart from the 79 FA Cup win, waited 16 years or so before GG started bringing any kind of success. Older Gooners will recall the era pre-Bertie Mee where there were long periods of shit football and under achievement.

My son actually asked me the other night why I'm so against everything at the club now when I've seen Arsenal finish mid-table before and play consistently shit football. The simple answer is the owner and the continual piss taking and mismanagement of the fanbase. Tell us we're going to compete with Europe's elite, charge the highest prices in the land, talk about a catalyst for change and your great ambition for the club (remember the one about the commercial deals and the fact we could buy any player in the world with a few exceptions?).......then consistently mug the fans off and fall way short and you will get what you've got now. Angry "customers" who will vote with their feet. Look at the so called loyal Geordies under Ashley - voted with their feet and back in the late 80s in the second division were getting gates of 10,000. If you mug people off and mismanage their expectations they will walk - doesn't matter if you own the Ritz, the best hotel in the world or Arsenal FC......over promising and under delivering always costs you.

I see no end to this cycle. It will end in relegation and almost the entire re-birth of the club under a new owner when he has eventually dropped its net worth to virtually zero

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#Arsenal have published their accounts for the year ending May 31 2019 - showing a £30m loss in matchday revenue. The Gunners have gone from a pre-tax profit of £97.4m to a pre-tax loss of £23.5m amid wretched form on the pitch. https://t.co/2qQBEt3PsO

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:42 pm
#Arsenal have published their accounts for the year ending May 31 2019 - showing a £30m loss in matchday revenue. The Gunners have gone from a pre-tax profit of £97.4m to a pre-tax loss of £23.5m amid wretched form on the pitch. https://t.co/2qQBEt3PsO
Best news yet - glad that c.unt is no longer milking the club. Hope his investment rots to zero

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:42 pm
Unfortunately the pre tax loss thing figure is not as bad as it seems, it doesnt include players sales, the new Adidas deal and other commercial /sponsorship deals. Smoke and mirrors from the club saying 'you fans have cost us money by not getting behind the team therefore we cant give everything you demand'.

It's all carefully orchestrated bollocks from the club as usual, they may be shit at football things, but they have a fucking excellent Bullshit department :cussing:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:08 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:48 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Another thing I took stick for on here was saying how I could see a return to the days when 15-20k fans were in the stadium, and based on what I saw for the Frankfurt game we aren't far away from that happening soon. In my lifetime I've stood there at Highbury watching us play the likes of Doncaster and Chester in the League Cup and seen the stadium with less than 20k in it

Contrary to what people think football is NOT immune from the mismanagement of "customers" in exactly the same way that a restaurant, shop or any other service business is. The only difference is that we won't take our 'custom' to a rival brand in the way that someone might do with those other businesses. Just look at the comments on here - ones which make me genuinely sad to read - from people that have been going for 30-50 years and have now stopped going. Ask yourself why that is?

The lazy answer is that they/we are all ungrateful bastards who think we've got some divine right to success. Not true. Fans born anywhere between the late 40s and the early 70s would have grown up knowing as many barren years as successful ones. I was born shortly after the 71 double and apart from the 79 FA Cup win, waited 16 years or so before GG started bringing any kind of success. Older Gooners will recall the era pre-Bertie Mee where there were long periods of shit football and under achievement.

My son actually asked me the other night why I'm so against everything at the club now when I've seen Arsenal finish mid-table before and play consistently shit football. The simple answer is the owner and the continual piss taking and mismanagement of the fanbase. Tell us we're going to compete with Europe's elite, charge the highest prices in the land, talk about a catalyst for change and your great ambition for the club (remember the one about the commercial deals and the fact we could buy any player in the world with a few exceptions?).......then consistently mug the fans off and fall way short and you will get what you've got now. Angry "customers" who will vote with their feet. Look at the so called loyal Geordies under Ashley - voted with their feet and back in the late 80s in the second division were getting gates of 10,000. If you mug people off and mismanage their expectations they will walk - doesn't matter if you own the Ritz, the best hotel in the world or Arsenal FC......over promising and under delivering always costs you.

I see no end to this cycle. It will end in relegation and almost the entire re-birth of the club under a new owner when he has eventually dropped its net worth to virtually zero

If we continue to slide then the crowds will fall away and there is every possibility that we could end up with the old Highbury 20k crowds that most of us have experienced through the late 70s and early / mid 80s. It was still a better atmosphere than the bowl usually produces so I have no problem with that.

I've said before that if it takes mid table mediocrity and an empty bowl to encourage wiggy to fu.ck off then I'm all in. As you say the issue at that point will be price. However drab we were at times at HIghbury I always wanted to go - it was only a few quid to get in, always a good laugh and it was Highbury. You'd get in early to have a chat with the usual punters and there was an atmosphere about the place. I couldn't give two fu.cks about most of the people around me at the bowl and the sooner most of them fu.ck off with their phones, bullshit and pizza the better. But if we reach that point (or should that be when) then I certainly won't be paying £40 to watch whatever shite wiggy is serving up.

Arteta and an attempt at a second rate version of Pep's tippy tappy bollox might well get us to that point a whole lot quicker than any of us envisaged.