KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:19 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:05 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:30 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:22 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:13 pm
https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1290 ... 7120531457

Shocking they announce this whilst making a stupid deal with Wiilian and having an overpaid cunt like Ozil doing nothing.

55 jobs at a saving maybe approximately £3m a year. Peanuts for the syrup wearing ball bag!
Ah but extra money means a lot more Cashmere syrups for him to wear :rubchin:

This move just reeks of pure class doesn't it. Just goes to confirm that he is the fucking scumbag we thought he was.
At the same time as lining the pockets of agents like that Kia Joorabchian c.unt amongst others. I see the other post above about "agent led recruitment", code for firing your own in favour of lining the pockets of mercenary c.unts

Truly classy indeed
Embarrassing, yet Kroenke still lining his filthy Yank pockets, 2 burnt holes in a blanket eyes Ozil, still stealing a wage!
I feel fucking ashamed tonight!

Sums up how I feel too - that and the very real worry/fear that a scout that brought us players like cesc, martinelli etc, will now be working for someone else and bringing them the young players with world class potential instead of bringing them to us :cry: :cry:

augie

Post by augie »

The great man has spoken :roll: :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... enke-ozil/

Adding another high profile voice to the story is just what is needed for others to take the piss out of us :evil: :censored: :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

I'm not buying that at all

When clubs release their accounts at the end of the year, those accounts include everything so you cant just say to ignore the playing side of the club in this as though it doesnt matter. Reality is that in every business if one departments wage bill is too high, then it is draining money that could be used elsewhere. You cant do a cost analysis on one department (scouting for example), and not do a cost analysis on your playing staff. cos they are overpaid for what they are producing. You cant sack a scout who has delivered cesc, bellend and martinelli for lack of productivity cos those players saved this club a fortune over the years, and the fact that he has produced martinelli only last summer, suggests that he isnt a scout living off successes from years ago

augie

Post by augie »

Wrighty adds his tuppence worth

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sports/footba ... d=msedgntp

I grew up loving that "remember you represent" saying and I believed in it - sadly it is now as relevent as a sony walkman :roll: :evil: :evil:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:16 pm
Wrighty adds his tuppence worth

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sports/footba ... d=msedgntp

I grew up loving that "remember you represent" saying and I believed in it - sadly it is now as relevent as a sony walkman :roll: :evil: :evil:
Sad isn't it. Genuinely feels like our club has lost its soul. They used to say "The Arsenal" for a reason.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

This post on LeGrove sums it up perfectly for me. Nobody should be immune from redundancies just because they happen to work for a football club:

“So, lets get this right.You think the following is “being run properly”– Paying 55 employees to sit at home, manage retail outlets that are closed down, manage club level that is empty, manage corporate boxes that cant be used?– Keeping scouts on that have seen Arsenal create the worst squad we have seen in 25 years?This is just outrage for the sake of outrage (or clicks).”

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Kingralph wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:26 pm
This post on LeGrove sums it up perfectly for me. Nobody should be immune from redundancies just because they happen to work for a football club:

“So, lets get this right.You think the following is “being run properly”– Paying 55 employees to sit at home, manage retail outlets that are closed down, manage club level that is empty, manage corporate boxes that cant be used?– Keeping scouts on that have seen Arsenal create the worst squad we have seen in 25 years?This is just outrage for the sake of outrage (or clicks).”
Yes, all very good except for the fact of course that all the club would actually be paying if they furloughed the staff for August would be National Insurance and pension contributions (probably 10%-15% of their full employment costs), rising to a 10% contribution in September, and 20% in October......so perhaps the numbnuts posting on LeGrove would get his facts straight......nobody is paying anyone full salary to sit at home. In any event for 3 months weren't the club's highest earners being paid to sit at home??

Of course, nobody is immune from redundancies but coming straight after securing the prize money of £3.5m for winning the FA Cup, getting membership renewals in and actually firing the people who helped to bring in players worth £m's.........is that the right way then?

augie

Post by augie »

Kingralph wrote:

Legrove = another blogger that has his tongue stuck firmly between the club's arse cheeks :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:43 pm
Kingralph wrote:

Legrove = another blogger that has his tongue stuck firmly between the club's arse cheeks :roll:
If the club had done its job in the way I've had to do mine over the past few months then they'd have secured property rates relief on the stores that have been closed, furloughed all the staff at zero cost to the company to this point, taken advantage of all the Government support measures including VAT holidays for six months, and negotiated loan repayment holidays with lenders for things like stadium debt. All completely do'able. I presume Josh won't be taking his dividend payment too, seeing as most major companies have halved or even abandoned their dividends?

Like you say, when your very existence is based around licking the club's ringpiece then you wouldn't have considered any of the above.

Many companies that have made redundancies face an existential crisis e.g. airlines, sandwich shops etc, as they have no other form of income. Last time I looked the club's new kit had been launched and is no doubt selling on-line like hotcakes, and I can't imagine BT and Sky haven't been forthcoming with their payments not to mention the other forms of sponsorship

I had a first hand look at what being a 'preferred commercial partner' to Arsenal FC looked like when I considered it for our company. Suffice to say the base level is a massive investment to just about get listed on a page in the club's programme.

Don't confuse what they are doing with organisations that have had no choice but to make redundancies. A big outlay for most organisations is the rent they pay - well don't we own all of our property?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Simples: Sell Gwendolindoozi, xhakaclubfoot and holding - and they can stay. :?

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Firstly I didn’t say the post was by LeGrove, I said it’s was on their website so whether they are in cahoots with the club or not makes no difference as they can’t control who chooses to make comments on there.

Secondly, I have no issue with our scouting network being canned if all they can cling to is “but they bought through Cesc, Bellerin and Martinelli”. One good player, one potentially good player, and one that we are alledgely looking to sell this summer as he’s not up to it is not an impressive record for the past two decades! What about the other 50 signings that have been absolute dross? Inamoto, the squid, cygan, benayoun, Sanogo....I could go on..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me the issue is we are owned by a parasitic cùnt worth $8 BILLION. We are paying Ozil £350k a week, allegedly Pepe is on £140k a week, and the fucking answer to no question ever asked Xhakatard is on £100k a week. :shock:

We have that type of money to throw away.

And we sack 55 people none of whom probably earn in a year what fucking Xhakatard is gifted per week? :roll:

What the fuck happened to the Arsenal we all knew and loved?

Oh that's right we got bought out by a wig molesting piece of shit BILLIONAIRE that greedily evicted poor people from land near his ranch leading to one of them killing himself. :censored:

And this is the piece of shit that calls us "customers" and speaks about our traditions and heritage?

Fucking shameful. :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:26 pm
For me the issue is we are owned by a parasitic cùnt worth $8 BILLION. We are paying Ozil £350k a week, allegedly Pepe is on £140k a week, and the fucking answer to no question ever asked Xhakatard is on £100k a week. :shock:

We have that type of money to throw away.

And we sack 55 people none of whom probably earn in a year what fucking Xhakatard is gifted per week? :roll:

What the fuck happened to the Arsenal we all knew and loved?

Oh that's right we got bought out by a wig molesting piece of shit BILLIONAIRE that greedily evicted poor people from land near his ranch leading to one of them killing himself. :censored:

And this is the piece of shit that calls us "customers" and speaks about our traditions and heritage?

Fucking shameful. :oops:
Don't forget Mkhitaryan on 180k per week. You know the one we've had to loan out for 2 years who can't dribble, shoot, tackle or pass....a United cast off to rival Silvestre

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Kingralph wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:38 pm
Firstly I didn’t say the post was by LeGrove, I said it’s was on their website so whether they are in cahoots with the club or not makes no difference as they can’t control who chooses to make comments on there.

Secondly, I have no issue with our scouting network being canned if all they can cling to is “but they bought through Cesc, Bellerin and Martinelli”. One good player, one potentially good player, and one that we are alledgely looking to sell this summer as he’s not up to it is not an impressive record for the past two decades! What about the other 50 signings that have been absolute dross? Inamoto, the squid, cygan, benayoun, Sanogo....I could go on..
The scouts are hardly the problem are they? We've had to nick the likes of Martinelli from Brazil and Guendouzi from France. Generally the scouts do ok. It's the shameful c.unts who run our academy that I blame - not a home grown CB or CF worthy of the name for 20 years. I certainly won't shed a tear for any of those fucktards in the dole queue. Our academy must be the worst in the top flight despite having the so called master of developing youth talent for 22 years