KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: The Board / Wiggy Out / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:00 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:43 am
The hype about Zaha and Dick apparently appealing to the board to sign him got me thinking :shock:

I don't really undertand how wiggy or whoever has managed to convince the likes of Dick, Sanllehi, Edu? that a club of the stature of Arsenal is going to go forwards with any degree of success under the self sustaining model. Have these people come to us safe in the knowledge that they can nick a living off us for a few years. Then they can piss off and tell their new employer that they worked at the Arsenal which was a great experience at a once great club but they had a dick head owner who didn't understand football. They might not word it exactly like that but that will be the message and it will be accepted by many others in football.

I can't help but feel cheated that these people with footballing CVs are prepared to buy into this crap.
I don't see how you can moan though.
after all you clearly said on another thread that you would buy a season ticket no matter what.

that's fair enough, your decision. but you can't really then moan about the lack of ambition at the club.
I dont understand the logic here Rob. You're saying if you bought a season ticket then you cannot moan about the lack of ambition at the club? I would have thought that was an extra reason to moan about it ?! :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Lads can we stop this bullshit of turning on ST holders? They have every right to continue to purchase what is in many cases a long held and valued family tradition. ST holders are not the problem nor the cause of the problem ffs.

The problem is the Wiggy cùnt and the cause of the problem is our cunty directors selling their souls to the Wiggy cùnt.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
The hype about Zaha and Dick apparently appealing to the board to sign him got me thinking :shock:

I don't really undertand how wiggy or whoever has managed to convince the likes of Dick, Sanllehi, Edu? that a club of the stature of Arsenal is going to go forwards with any degree of success under the self sustaining model. Have these people come to us safe in the knowledge that they can nick a living off us for a few years. Then they can piss off and tell their new employer that they worked at the Arsenal which was a great experience at a once great club but they had a dick head owner who didn't understand football. They might not word it exactly like that but that will be the message and it will be accepted by many others in football.

I can't help but feel cheated that these people with footballing CVs are prepared to buy into this crap.
after all you clearly said on another thread that you would buy a season ticket no matter what.

that's fair enough, your decision. but you can't really then moan about the lack of ambition at the club.
What type of logic is that? :rubchin:

If I buy a new car, same make I've always bought, and there is a problem with it.... I'm not entitled to complain..... because I have always bought that make of car......? WTF? :oops: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:33 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

If I buy a new car, same make I've always bought, and there is a problem with it.... I'm not entitled to complain..... because I have always bought that make of car......? WTF? :oops: :lol:

It's the type of 'logic' that I just ignore 8)

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:29 pm
Lads can we stop this bullshit of turning on ST holders? They have every right to continue to purchase what is in many cases a long held and valued family tradition. ST holders are not the problem nor the cause of the problem ffs.

The problem is the Wiggy cùnt and the cause of the problem is our cunty directors selling their souls to the Wiggy cùnt.
That's fair enough if they continue going to games I suppose, but so many of them 'rent out' their ST which is not really in the spirit of what you are suggesting - oh I can't be arsed anymore so I'll just hire out my ST and then come back when the good times return.. hardly 'tradition'.

:roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

That's fair enough if they continue going to games I suppose, but so many of them 'rent out' their ST which is not really in the spirit of what you are suggesting - oh I can't be arsed anymore so I'll just hire out my ST and then come back when the good times return.. hardly 'tradition'.

And you have proof "so many of them" do that and that is why the ones that do it actually do it - waiting for the good times to return?

Not everything is that black and white. I'm sure there are people just sitting out the Wiggy years but equally I'm sure there are people that go every game because they love the club or the game in general or because they live the tradition of meeting up with mates for a fry up a game of football and a few pints.

I know a good few ST holders that go every game and only rent the ticket out when they can't make it themselves.

People have the right to do what is best for them. Especially when they are coughing up a big chunk of money for an ST.

Personally I've been boycotting attending the Lego bowl as my own personal protest (and no it ain't easy because I went to hundreds of games for over 25 years). That's my choice. It works for me but I won't slate people that still go as that is their choice.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:52 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

And you have proof "so many of them" do that and that is why the ones that do it actually do it - waiting for the good times to return?

Not everything is that black and white. I'm sure there are people just sitting out the Wiggy years but equally I'm sure there are people that go every game because they love the club or the game in general or because they live the tradition of meeting up with mates for a fry up a game of football and a few pints.

I know a good few ST holders that go every game and only rent the ticket out when they can't make it themselves.

People have the right to do what is best for them. Especially when they are coughing up a big chunk of money for an ST.

Personally I've been boycotting attending the Lego bowl as my own personal protest (and no it ain't easy because I went to hundreds of games for over 25 years). That's my choice. It works for me but I won't slate people that still go as that is their choice.

:lol: :lol:

Hi, my name is jock and I'm an Arsenal ST holder :redcard2:

I don't think we ST holders are in need of defending on here just yet, unless I've missed something it's all been pretty low key. I agree with a lot of what sk-gtfo says and there is a bit of me that would like to be able to ditch the addiction, so I really don't have an issue with his position over STs.

The thing is you can sit around waiting for wiggy to fuck off and not go the footy or you can just accept that he's an 'orrible fucker who has more money than we can do anything about. If you really can't accept that, then why on earth beat yourself up about it repeatedly on here. If you find wiggy so detestable that you can detach yourself from the club and not go then surely you'd be better off going the whole hog and cutting it out of your life altogether. Happy days - no Arsenal to worry about, no wiggy to make your blood boil - just think how simple life would be :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:33 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

yes but you wouldn't keep buying the same car if there was always a problem with it. :D
Arsenal season ticket holders do that every year that Kroenke is in charge

A11M11

Re: The Board / Wiggy Out / Staff etc (merged thread)n

Post by A11M11 »

Not the best analogy though. If you buy a new car there are many alternative models, however there is only one Arsenal.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:52 am

How would I get proof of an exact number?, I've seen a few on here admitting to renting out as well as on other forums, I know friends and friends of friends who do the same, judging by the empty seats (especially in Wenger's final season) I would say it is likely a lot of these are rent-boys who couldn't sell themselves (sorry couldn't resist). :twisted:

It doesn't matter which way it is spun, in the end the fans do have all the power, they can boycott the club if they not happy, it really is black and white once you remove your emotions from it, this is difficult maybe, but when you think about who runs the club and what it now stands for (??) then it makes it a lot easier.

Wiggy out - preferably in a coffin.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Wiggy out - preferably in a coffin.

I think that's the only way that he will .

Grassy knoll anyone ?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

The mod mini police brigade are now telling us what we can and can't moan about, umm isn't this the opposite of debating :? :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

I blame the ST holders :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:42 am
:rubchin:

See if you fucking fair weather supporters would put your hands in your pocket and stump up for a ST then we might just begin to turn things around at the bowl and get rid of a few of the tourists and jcls. Mind you some of you have been away for so long that you'll probably look a bit lost and touristy to begin with anyway :box: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:53 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:42 am
:rubchin:

See if you fucking fair weather supporters would put your hands in your pocket and stump up for a ST then we might just begin to turn things around at the bowl and get rid of a few of the tourists and jcls. Mind you some of you have been away for so long that you'll probably look a bit lost and touristy to begin with anyway :box: :lol:
I've been to a ton of games and taken my son to Highbury and the Emirates and been there with at least 10 of my family including brothers, sisters and nephews.

I stopped going because of Wenger and I won't return until the yank fucks off, that's my stance.

Obviously you miss the humour in my posts, don't worry I will try and dumb them down for you although I don't know if I can dumb them down that far :wink: :barscarf: :lol: